NTers who lease their whips? Vol: new whip every 3 years

smh at the lease shaming

some people just like new cars every 2 to 3 years or so, not get hit with depreciation,

whoa...if you're just leasing your not even walking away with any equity whatsoever.

that's a big deal.

unless you're itemizing it on your taxes, that's money down da toilet.

Re: money down the toilet

- Poppin bottles in the heights
- Kicks that I don't even get to wear.
- Name brand anything
- Da Jesus Piece

Why do people draw the line at car?

Either you tryna stunt or you not.
Don't half *** it.

Real Hasta La Muerte
#freeannuel

@ninja
But da hesus piece can be melted down anytime though. Instant equity right ther, b. :pimp:

Man that gen TL aged so well :smokin

Was close to grabbing a CPO Type-S before I ended up with my current car

It really did. Do not like the new gen at all.

As far as leases companies pushing them to move units bc ppl holding on to cars longer. How bout quit marking up Kia's to 40k then ppl would have an incentive to buy.

Man, Ninja fittin to get people caught up w/ that tax loophole :lol: IRS come knockin, cats gon be like "Ninja said it was all good breh." If u have a legitimate business, def do that. I guess u could even drive for Uber/Lyft/Amazon and write off the payments after registering your business.

why you wish you didn't?

I leased my last 3 cars now. Think I'll do one more lease and then settle down and buy a car
laugh.gif
I just managed my situation all wrong. If I would've leased it and saved the extra $150 or so I was saving on the payment for the end of the lease, I would've been cool. But I didn't.

If I would've just turned it in at the end of the lease I would've been cool, but I didn't.

So now im sitting here with a 5 year old car and still have payments for a few more years cause I didn't manage my **** right lol. Less about the lease and more about me just being young/dumb

I'd lease my next car but just be smarter about everything. You live and learn

Bump. 

Can you end a lease early and return the car with minimal fees? Because my leasing company won't let me return the car with just paying the remaining balance and some other stuff. They're saying I have to honor the remaining months too.
Which car and what bank?

If you pay off the remaining months why would they not take the car back? That's def a lie and stupid on their part
Its a 2014 Dodge Dart thru Chrysler Capital and they go to Santander. Yeah if even I pay it off in advance I still have to honor the leased months. I'm below the miles and car is great shape. They said I'd also take a hit to very good credit score because I would be breaking the lease by ending it early money or not

Bump. 

Can you end a lease early and return the car with minimal fees? Because my leasing company won't let me return the car with just paying the remaining balance and some other stuff. They're saying I have to honor the remaining months too.

Which car and what bank?

If you pay off the remaining months why would they not take the car back? That's def a lie and stupid on their part
Its a 2014 Dodge Dart thru Chrysler Capital and they go to Santander. Yeah if even I pay it off in advance I still have to honor the leased months. I'm below the miles and car is great shape. They said I'd also take a hit to very good credit score because I would be breaking the lease by ending it early money or not

its better to pass off that lease to a outfit that would take da lease off your hands early.

^ Yeah I thought about that too. 

I wanted to lease then buy but this car has given me a ton of problems since January, already needing a new engine being the biggest. I don't want that later down the road. The earliest I can return it is September but I'd have to pay $500 for returning it early w/o any additional penalties. 

Bump. 

Which car and what bank?

You're dealership is an idiot..

How many months do you have left (not like if matters since a you're paying it off) are you getting another Chrysler through them or moving on to something else?

Chrysler capital is pretty strict with their leases and won't let you get out early but my concern is that the person you're dealing with is an idiot because if you cover the payments, you're able to turn it in especially if you're getting something else.

I had Chrysler capital on my last lease and I had about 7 months left and salesman told me I wouldn't be able to get out unless I paid the whole thing off which obviously I wasn't willing to do.

Yeah leasing is the way to go and I hope you guys that have businesses know you can write off your leases too like ninjahood ninjahood said. I know it's a quite a few guys who don't even know this and own businesses on NT. If I remember right one person was paying like $1200 a month here on financing and his financial consultant said why aren't you leasing and writing off things to your business :lol: smh

Currently I keep all records of everything I do when driving the leased whip. Mileage etc etc and when tax time comes I'm ready.

Now as far as people who don't want to lease then CPO is the way to go without a doubt and get that extended warranty.

Last edited:

How many months do you have left (not like if matters since a you're paying it off) are you getting another Chrysler through them or moving on to something else?

Chrysler capital is pretty strict with their leases and won't let you get out early but my concern is that the person you're dealing with is an idiot because if you cover the payments, you're able to turn it in especially if you're getting something else.

I had Chrysler capital on my last lease and I had about 7 months left and salesman told me I wouldn't be able to get out unless I paid the whole thing off which obviously I wasn't willing to do.
7 months left (about $2k). I called Chrysler Capital three times speaking to three different people, all the same story. I'm not getting another Dodge car, too many problems with this current car. Maybe that's their problem? Idk. I'll call again soon.

7 months left (about $2k). I called Chrysler Capital three times speaking to three different people, all the same story. I'm not getting another Dodge car, too many problems with this current car. Maybe that's their problem? Idk. I'll call again soon.

Unless I'm stupid, this doesn't make sense. Because if you paid off the cae and turned it in now, the dealership/bank could possibly make more money off the sale of the vehicle since you would obviously be under the miles

I thought the whole point of the lease was paying it off. Which you would be paying every cent in advance. Very weird they won't take the car early if you're paying it off.

Either I'm missing something but I got a few buddies at Chrysler dealerships I can call on this tomorrow if I remember and I'll report back for you.

Also are you looking to buy or lease a new vehicle soon as you get this done? If anything you could pay it off and turn it into a different dealership if they agree to buy the car. If anything you should just pay it off now and look at some options. As long as it's paid off, it's not gonna hurt you to sit on it or whatever but if the car has value, another dealership could just buy it to help you and Chrysler.

Yeah I've changed my mind on leasing , makes sense if you have a business and can write it off. I'm thinking about leasing my first "weekend" car due to business write offs.

Yeah leasing is the way to go and I hope you guys that have businesses know you can write off your leases too like ninjahood ninjahood said. I know it's a quite a few guys who don't even know this and own businesses on NT. If I remember right one person was paying like $1200 a month here on financing and his financial consultant said why aren't you leasing and writing off things to your business :lol: smh

Currently I keep all records of everything I do when driving the leased whip. Mileage etc etc and when tax time comes I'm ready.

Now as far as people who don't want to lease then CPO is the way to go without a doubt and get that extended warranty.

I know exactly what/who you are talking about. Having a business and not having a CPA just isn't smart. So many write offs . You start thinking of everything from a business aspect .

In my current situation leasing would have been better, but I didn't plan on ever selling my commuter car. Will have to pay about a $1500 difference once I sell it. 2015 Nissan Altima value dropped so much in a short time.

Last edited:
Yeah I've changed my mind on leasing , makes sense if you have a business and can write it off. I'm thinking about leasing my first "weekend" car due to business write offs.
I know exactly what/who you are talking about. Having a business and not having a CPA just isn't smart. So many write offs . You start thinking of everything from a business aspect .

In my current situation leasing would have been better, but I didn't plan on ever selling my commuter car. Will have to pay about a $1500 difference once I sell it. 2015 Nissan Altima value dropped so much in a short time.

Yeah leasing your "weekend" car and writing off things is perfect. I'm sure you'll have a weekly "beater" car as well and yeah man having a business without a reliable CPA is just bad. I used to think leasing was bad then i started to see the light.

smh that sucks you have to pay the difference. you might as well pay the difference and just keep it as your beater then get a leased car you really like for the weekend and use the tax credits to your advantage.

I've always bought my cars but my new job requires me to drive a lot so I bought a beater to commute

I'm taking advantage of the leasing tax break option moving forward.

Unless I'm stupid, this doesn't make sense. Because if you paid off the cae and turned it in now, the dealership/bank could possibly make more money off the sale of the vehicle since you would obviously be under the miles

I thought the whole point of the lease was paying it off. Which you would be paying every cent in advance. Very weird they won't take the car early if you're paying it off.

Either I'm missing something but I got a few buddies at Chrysler dealerships I can call on this tomorrow if I remember and I'll report back for you.

Also are you looking to buy or lease a new vehicle soon as you get this done? If anything you could pay it off and turn it into a different dealership if they agree to buy the car. If anything you should just pay it off now and look at some options. As long as it's paid off, it's not gonna hurt you to sit on it or whatever but if the car has value, another dealership could just buy it to help you and Chrysler.
I thinking of paying it off, let it sit in the driveway and get a really cheap car to get around in when I'm closer to the end of the lease.

Yeah leasing your "weekend" car and writing off things is perfect. I'm sure you'll have a weekly "beater" car as well and yeah man having a business without a reliable CPA is just bad. I used to think leasing was bad then i started to see the light.

smh that sucks you have to pay the difference. you might as well pay the difference and just keep it as your beater then get a leased car you really like for the weekend and use the tax credits to your advantage.
I'm working out of the country for the next 5 years I don't need the car anymore. Already have a paid off beater that was given to me.

Can someone provide some input on writing off lease payments?

Let's say I start an LLC, and I'm a 1099 independent contractor..and I lease a car through that LLC...I can write off the lease payments? I know it's not that easy. Someone clear some things up for me please :lol:

Let's say I start an LLC, and I'm a 1099 independent contractor..and I lease a car through that LLC...I can write off the lease payments? I know it's not that easy. Someone clear some things up for me please :lol:

From what my CPA told me it is that easy. As simple as the company name/product on the plates and you can write off the payments,gas, etc.

As long as u use it for work and u put it under the llc. You all good bruh I purchased a car like 2 years ago....I write off the mileage for work

From what my CPA told me it is that easy. As simple as the company name/product on the plates and you can write off the payments,gas, etc.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom