Man, Ive tried all kinds of stuff.

Antibiotics pills
Doxycycline
Tetracycline
Minocycline

Benzol Peroxide cream
Tretinoin cream - didnt use much of this either

Erythromycin topical solution (liquid) - i dont recall this helping me much

proactive - I could never get into a habit of doing the 3 steps.

Accutane cream version - barely used this because It seems a little iffy to me

All i know is that the antibiotic pills helped me STOP breaking out. Once I stopped taking the pills, the breakouts started coming out again. I havent takenany antibiotics in like 4-5 months so I break out 2-3 times a week.

Right now I apply benzoyl peroxide every night. I try to put on some moisturizer too. My face is oily as *+%#. Hate that %!%!
smh.gif
. Its also dry too unless i put on some lotion. During hot days, the sweat makes itlook even worse. My face becomes all gleamy and shiny.

Everyday, i put on some sunscreen (15 SPF), or whenever I go outside. I suggest to do this everyday.

Dont touch your face, ever. At least try not to. Dont let anyone touch your face too.

I use:
Benzol Peroxide Cream prescribed
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer 15 SPF
Olay Active Hydrating Moisturizer Beauty Fluid
Coryse Salome Granalgomme Gel Exfoliant Visage/Facial Exfoliating Gel

• This thing is awesome. I dont know why I dont use this every week. This exfoliating gel works real nice. It gives a nice, smooth feel to the face. Basically, it makes your face like new.
  • Looks pretty expensive since its a French product. My mom got this for 4 bucks at TJ Max. Go figure.
  • 6.7oz bottle.
  • It says to use this once a week. I will probably do it twice a week.
I still have acne and still breakout, usually on my chin area, above my lip, foreheadarea, but its mainly because I touch this area of the face the most. Everywhere else doesnt breakout.

My problem isnt as bad as it was 4-5+ years ago. I think I started acne during 6th grade. I dont know, but I always thought that seemed really early to me.

I agree. Dudes should just go see a dermatologist. I was going for a while until I finished accutane, now theres no need to visit anymore. Still once in awhile for a chemical peel or whatever. But they'll definately get you what you need. They'll start you off with something lower and start increasing ifyou show no improvements. I was on this stuff called bactrum for about a year and it cleared my skin up no problems, but when I got off of it, the acne cameback, so the doc upped me to accutane and now I can't complain

Took a different version of accutane. Forgot the name but basically a generic accutane

first few weeks immediate improvement.

The whole depression side effect is BS. The only thing that I hated about being on it was it extremely dry lips. So bad that when I use to wake up in themorning and yawn my lips would burst open and bleed so bad it would run down to my chin. But I'll gladly do that for a month than have acne though.

yea. I never had any negative side effects aside from the dry lips. It never got that bad where they bleed, but I definatly mastered the art of yawning throughmy nose and throwin on gunks of lip balm

Ok, let's get this straight.

Isotretinoin is the actual name of this drug that all of you are afraid of. There are multiple kinds or "brands" of Isotretinoin, one of them beingAccutane. Of course there are side effects like every other drug on the market. There are also different dosages of the drug which is measured by your weight.If you do decide to go to this, they will start you off slow. Isotretinoin is a 6 month (at most) treatment. If you don't clear up within those 6 months,it's fine. You will be put back on the medicine at a later time. No worries because in the mean time you won't break out in rash-like zits.

Now, on to the side effects. There will be side effects. If you're a pretty normal person, and I am assuming that you are, you'll be fine. The"depression" and "suicidal thoughts" only reach it's peak if you are ALREADY IN THAT STATE OF MIND. Each month you will be coming backto take blood tests (depends on your doctor) to make sure that your fats and cholesterol, sugars, etc is in the norm. So, in order to better yourself and yourskin.......eat healthy. Or somewhat healthy. Also, taking the medicine with food is recommended.
smile.gif
You'll be given a list of thesedeadly-hell-on-earth-side-effects that you should watch out for. Read through it, and all in all you will be fine.

Some people... blow it way outta proportion
eyes.gif

P.S., if you're a female reading this thread and thinking about isotretinoin..............make sure you're on BC while taking isotretinoin or put on yamoms that you won't get pregnant.

I'm not trying to sound inconsiderate or anything, but seriously, cut out sugar/sweets from your diet. Insulin is supposed to make acne worse and carbsstimulate insulin. Cut out fast food and sweets for a week or so and see how you react.

They make you take a Test online every mont. Before you can fill your accutane script. Maybe it's just for females cuz it asks you your types of BC and howthey should be used. Your answers have to match what you derm has already put in the system. Also drink lots of water so your bones don't hurt fromdehydration.

To be honest.. I use any acne cleansing product that looks like it works and it does the job.
Maybe once in a while I'll have a teeny zit on my forehead, no matter how minor.. I'll stress over it.
Other than that, I have a pretty smooth face..

Word of advice to all acne-prone (sensitive skin or highly irritated once cleaned w/ product)

LEAVE YOUR FACE ALONE - DRINK 7-8 GLASSES OF WATER DAILY - DO NOT EXFOLIATE EVERY DAY (SUPPOSED TO ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK MAXIMUM!)
STOP PICKING AT THOSE UNBORN PIMPLES (WHITEHEADS/BLACKHEADS/WHATEVER HEADS) if you don't you will scar and that would just make things permanent!

Avoid Oil/cream/lotion/lubricant of any form - triggers the pores to reopen and it'll only aggravate and intensify the affected areas instead of helping!

.... trust me I too fell victim to severe acne & trust me if I could go back in the hands of time i'd def. equip myself with a pair of handcuffs thatsfor sure! but lucky for me time heals all

Oh and I don't really even wash my face anymore. Antibiotics made it so dry I need lotion. It's still better than having acne though.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Lorizzle

so how many of you guys have taken accutane? I just started today, but as I look more and more into it, and read about people's negative experiences, it's kind of discouraging =/.

after a couple of months you'll have a new lease on life.
pimp.gif
Truth.

I took accutane and it did WONDERS.

don't worry about all of the negative stuff that people say because it's probably not true at least not for me.

the only thing you'll have to worry about is your face being super dry while you're on it and you'll have to keep chapstick on you at all timesbecause the lips get a lot dryer than the face.

other than that it is the best possible solution if you have bad acne imoand my acne wasn't even that bad.

edit

and I didn't have to go back and take blood tests or any of that stuff nor did I have to take a test online in order to get my prescription like some ofyou stated.

I just had to go see the doc once a month for a checkup which lasted about 5 mins each time and then I was good to go.

I highly recommend it.

Accutane changed my life. Changed my brother's life.
The side effects were noticeable albeit slight. The benefits far out weighed the negatives and eventually the negatives wore off and the to this day I havesmooth, clear skin.

TAKE A ZINC PILL EVERY DAY AND YOU SHALL THANK ME LATER

DRINK WATER

AND TAKE A POOP DAILY IF YOU DONT THE POOP CAN ENTER UR BLOODSTREAM AND CAUSE GERMS = ACNE

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

TAKE A ZINC PILL EVERY DAY AND YOU SHALL THANK ME LATER

DRINK WATER

AND TAKE A POOP DAILY IF YOU DONT THE POOP CAN ENTER UR BLOODSTREAM AND CAUSE GERMS = ACNE

laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

lots of water
st ives scrub (sensitive skin)