NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

If I were politicking for votes over CP I would say:

I think Wilt is my trump card. Zo is the only guy who can really match up with him on his roster and I like my chances there, if he picked up fouls I don't know if Daugherty is the answer.

Have PG to chase around Ray.

I would be more than content to go small if need be and throw out Frazier/PG/Reggie/Melo/Webber - still not a small lineup but pushes Melo to the 4 and relieves Melo of guarding Bird and Bird always said he was thankful Reggie was with him and not against him. Or have a back court of Rondo + Frazier and have Frazier check Ray. Either way if I need stops vs Bird/Ray, I'm getting the Frazier/PG/Reggie trio on the floor.

I think it's really even as we probably both would have thought moving Melo or Bird to the 4 would be a nice advantage against most others or going super big across the front line with them at the 3 would do the same. Both we both have a counter for either route.

I'd like to say I have more talent across the board but in a high-stakes game, I admit it'd be hard for myself to not think Bird is coming away with a win as the best player. But I'm rolling with Wilt being the unstoppable force and my size and athleticism causing problems.

btw I was skeptical if I would participate in this thread but it ended up being the most fun I've had in this forum in a while. Kudos to dland, cp, bigj and the others who made it happen. 8)

Glad you joined Allen. I wanted the best of the best NBA NTers in here, you certainly qualify.

As for my counter to our matchup, we had talked a little previously during the draft how I was concerned about your late game mental makeup, with Wilt, Webber, Melo, etc. Now, I am no longer concerned for your well-being in this regard. :lol:

Wilt does have that rare ability as a 60’s athlete, and he would certainly adapt with today’s workouts/medicine/nutrition, but, I won’t be just using Zo as some sort of pin cushion for him. Zo is quite skilled as a defender, and as Bill Russell proved over and over again, you need only disrupt Wilt’s game, and his team will suffer for it. Zo can absolutely do that, and when I need to throw bodies, I can. You mentioned size, Daugherty at 7-0, LMA at 6-11, Danny Manning at 6-10, and even Bird at 6-9/6-10 could affect some sort of annoyance on Wilt. Not to mention, I have Billups, Nate McMillan, and Andre Iguodala as 3 of the smartest/craftiest defenders that can also come over and double, reach in, just generally be a pain in his ***. My TEAM defense would be more than enough to help balance even if Zo were to be in foul trouble.

And when it comes down to it, because we know that all playoff games come down to the final 4 minutes, where you have Frazier, and maybe Wilt to help you out, I have Larry Bird, Ray Allen, Chauncey Billups, and now even Iguodala as guys that have proven what they can do in big moments. More than enough guys to take, and make the big shots. And Zo and LMA also have some pelts on their walls, hell, LMA eviscerated Houston by himself two years ago, one of the most dominant performances in a playoff series we’ve seen. And he’s my 5th option?

I think I would be able to match up well bench wise, considering guys like Hersey, BJ, Perkins, Tarpley and Dumas have a somewhat limited history or background. I have much respect for Rondo and Reggie Lewis tho. I told you as much mid draft. But if you use Rondo, you know I get that extra defender. I’ll let him shoot 18 footers til the cows come home. And Lewis vs Iggy would be a lot of fun for sure.
I still have Byron Scott in reserve as yet another shooter late, and a guy that has been to the top, several times. I have Rudy Gay who can do a little of everything, emphasis on little, as I would want to use him in small doses so as not to have him try and do too much. Kenny Anderson I could use for offense and tempo, Nate I can use for an extra defender anywhere I need.

Billups
Nate
Iggy
Manning
Zo

Could be a terrific defensive lineup late.

Billups
Byron
Ray
Bird
LMA

A lethal offensive lineup late.

Multiple Finals MVP’s on the court, in either situation. And I use them against some guys that have been known to shrivel when the lights get brightest.

Either way, I enjoyed the hell out of this process, I thank BigJ for setting up and running the bracket part of the thread. Good luck Allen, I expect either you or I to fare well going forward, no matter which of us pulls it out.

If I were politicking for votes over CP I would say:

I think Wilt is my trump card. Zo is the only guy who can really match up with him on his roster and I like my chances there, if he picked up fouls I don't know if Daugherty is the answer.

Have PG to chase around Ray.

I would be more than content to go small if need be and throw out Frazier/PG/Reggie/Melo/Webber - still not a small lineup but pushes Melo to the 4 and relieves Melo of guarding Bird and Bird always said he was thankful Reggie was with him and not against him. Or have a back court of Rondo + Frazier and have Frazier check Ray. Either way if I need stops vs Bird/Ray, I'm getting the Frazier/PG/Reggie trio on the floor.

I think it's really even as we probably both would have thought moving Melo or Bird to the 4 would be a nice advantage against most others or going super big across the front line with them at the 3 would do the same. Both we both have a counter for either route.

I'd like to say I have more talent across the board but in a high-stakes game, I admit it'd be hard for myself to not think Bird is coming away with a win as the best player. But I'm rolling with Wilt being the unstoppable force and my size and athleticism causing problems.

btw I was skeptical if I would participate in this thread but it ended up being the most fun I've had in this forum in a while. Kudos to dland, cp, bigj and the others who made it happen.
glasses.gif
As for my counter to our matchup, we had talked a little previously during the draft how I was concerned about your late game mental makeup, with Wilt, Webber, Melo, etc. Now, I am no longer concerned for your well-being in this regard.
laugh.gif

Wilt does have that rare ability as a 60’s athlete, and he would certainly adapt with today’s workouts/medicine/nutrition, but, I won’t be just using Zo as some sort of pin cushion for him. Zo is quite skilled as a defender, and as Bill Russell proved over and over again, you need only disrupt Wilt’s game, and his team will suffer for it. Zo can absolutely do that, and when I need to throw bodies, I can. You mentioned size, Daugherty at 7-0, LMA at 6-11, Danny Manning at 6-10, and even Bird at 6-9/6-10 could affect some sort of annoyance on Wilt. Not to mention, I have Billups, Nate McMillan, and Andre Iguodala as 3 of the smartest/craftiest defenders that can also come over and double, reach in, just generally be a pain in his ***. My TEAM defense would be more than enough to help balance even if Zo were to be in foul trouble.

And when it comes down to it, because we know that all playoff games come down to the final 4 minutes, where you have Frazier, and maybe Wilt to help you out, I have Larry Bird, Ray Allen, Chauncey Billups, and now even Iguodala as guys that have proven what they can do in big moments. More than enough guys to take, and make the big shots. And Zo and LMA also have some pelts on their walls, hell, LMA eviscerated Houston by himself two years ago, one of the most dominant performances in a playoff series we’ve seen. And he’s my 5th option?

I think I would be able to match up well bench wise, considering guys like Hersey, BJ, Perkins, Tarpley and Dumas have a somewhat limited history or background. I have much respect for Rondo and Reggie Lewis tho. I told you as much mid draft. But if you use Rondo, you know I get that extra defender. I’ll let him shoot 18 footers til the cows come home. And Lewis vs Iggy would be a lot of fun for sure.
I still have Byron Scott in reserve as yet another shooter late, and a guy that has been to the top, several times. I have Rudy Gay who can do a little of everything, emphasis on little, as I would want to use him in small doses so as not to have him try and do too much. Kenny Anderson I could use for offense and tempo, Nate I can use for an extra defender anywhere I need.

Billups
Nate
Iggy
Manning
Zo

Could be a terrific defensive lineup late.

Billups
Byron
Ray
Bird
LMA

A lethal offensive lineup late.

Multiple Finals MVP’s on the court, in either situation. And I use them against some guys that have been known to shrivel when the lights get brightest.

Either way, I enjoyed the hell out of this process, I thank BigJ for setting up and running the bracket part of the thread. Good luck Allen, I expect either you or I to fare well going forward, no matter which of us pulls it out.
both posts have been repped 
pimp.gif

I sent this to a friend to see what they thought - trying to be nice but really being a dumbass they voted 5 extra times. :smh:. Whatever the count is, add 6 to CP's total. Or just eliminate those votes if you can, big j 33 big j 33

Last edited:
I sent this to a friend to see what they thought - trying to be nice but really being a dumbass they voted 5 extra times.
mean.gif
. Whatever the count is, add 6 to CP's total. Or just eliminate those votes if you can, @Big J 33
I eliminated the repeated votes.

[quote name="Al3xis"]I sent this to a friend to see what they thought - trying to be nice but really being a dumbass they voted 5 extra times. :smh:. Whatever the count is, add 6 to CP's total. Or just eliminate those votes if you can, big j 33 big j 33 [/quote]I would absolutely tell him good job being that guy, and he's the reason I can't have nice things. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom