NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

^wasnt bad at all felt similar to my ar just tbh I had a ball shooting it. My girl hates to shoot my ar but fell in love with the ak go figure

Maybe a dumb q, but how is recoil on the AK?

I've shot AR's, a .308 DAL, and mosin in x54r. Never shot an AK or anything in x39, but I've been thinking about a Draco or mini pap for a few years (for an out of town but no long gun, gun)
Felt recoil from from an AK is very minimal. Slightly more than an AR shooting .223/5.56 because the bullet weight is heavier. I have a milled receiver which is heavier than stamped, but I've shot a stamped receiver before which felt identical imo. I noticed the weight of actually holding the milled receiver up to shoot more than anything lol. No real increase in muzzle flip from one to the other.

I couldn't tell you much about the recoil coming out of a 10" barrel though, if you're going that route 
laugh.gif

Ak recoil isn't bad at all. A little more than an ar like everyone else said. Mine is stamped and it's still not bad.

What is bad is shooting them in a teeshirt. The metal baseplate from the butt stock SUCKS. I keep forgetting to get a rubber replacement until I shoot it.

Ak recoil isn't bad at all. A little more than an ar like everyone else said. Mine is stamped and it's still not bad.

What is bad is shooting them in a teeshirt. The metal baseplate from the butt stock SUCKS. I keep forgetting to get a rubber replacement until I shoot it.
I agree that recoil from 7.62x39 isn't bad at all.

You can always get a generic rubber pad to fit over the end of the stock. You can even find them at Walmart. The only catch might be if you are short/have short arms, because it will add an inch or so to the length of pull. On the other hand, if your stock has always felt a bit short, that will kill two birds with one stone.

Speaking of recoil..what are some calibers that you've fired that had nasty recoil? I haven't expericened anything horrible in my two years of shooting, but then again I've only shot the usual suspects 9mm,40,45, 556/223, 7.62X39

My first gun should be in tomorrow copped h e Canik TP9SA I've heard some great things about it so I'm ready to see it in hand.

Copped my girl a SS .22 for Christmas and felt like I needed a piece of my own just in case something happens.

Or a Springfield XD.. I like the fit and feel a little better than glocks, but both great choices.

Speaking of recoil..what are some calibers that you've fired that had nasty recoil? I haven't expericened anything horrible in my two years of shooting, but then again I've only shot the usual suspects 9mm,40,45, 556/223, 7.62X39

7mm rem mag kicks as much as the ******* moose it will take down :lol:

357 mag out of a s&w 340pd :smh:
Less than 2" barrel and something like 12 oz unloaded..

Also can't forget about shooting some hot slugs from a 12 ga.

Last edited:
Man I always forget to get slugs whenever I'm buying shells.

For 9mm I like my shield a lot. You plan on carrying it? If so shield all the way. Joint is tiny with a nice grip.

What's up fam! Just searching the forums and stumbled across this thread. Didn't even think it existed. Pics soon come

Last edited:
Bro it's crazy you ask that as soon as I come in the thread. This past weekend at the gun show I shot some of the most powerful guns with a recoil to match that I probably never want to shoot again. 10 and 8 gauge shotgun, 500 S&W mag revolver, .600 nitro express revolver, .700NE bolt action rifle, and last but definitely not least the ALMIGHTY .945JDJ rifle. Of all of these, the .945 had the most epic recoil I've ever experienced on a gun. I thought my .458 socom kicked hard. Pssh. The .945 threw me a full 5-10 feet back and knocked me off my feet. Definitely need to add about 20 pounds of muscle before I try that again. The 10 and 8 gauge's were no slouches either. I could see myself owning a 10 gauge, but not the 8. Recoil was MASSIVE. They say they were mostly used for seismic graphing and I believe it. All in all, there are guns out here that kick harder than Seabiscuit fam.

Last edited:
Springfiel xd is at the top of the list. Where could I find a good deal?
I have a Springfield XD40 sub and I love it. Great gun and a lot of fun to shoot. I actually got mine from a friend in the army. Can't buy one legally since I'm only 20. But I see good prices on a lot of handguns at Academy Sports all the time. You should check them out

I know guys who hunt geese with 10 ga. Now I'm gonna have to ask them to bring them out for clays.

Recommendations for a reliable quality 9mm?
I'm a CZ guy, so I'd recommend checking out the CZ P-07 or P-01. CZs aren't as well-known as many other brands, but they have excellent reliability, accuracy, and ergonomics, while not breaking the bank.

I didn't end up buying one, but I enjoyed shooting the 4" Springfield XD in .45 ACP, and I'm normally a 9mm guy. My girl loves her S&W M&P 9c (she felt that the Shield was too narrow, but that's a good thing if you plan on carrying). I personally don't like Glocks because of the ergonomics of their grip angle, but they certainly have a good reputation among their fans.

Like we've said before in this thread, be sure to handle several guns, and find a way to shoot before buying, if possible. It's one thing to get suggestions about guns other people like, but ultimately it's about what works best for you.

Last edited:
Exactly what he said...the grip is true as well. I'm a glock guy and they fit my hand like a glove some other brands made my hand cramp like a mug. I had to put on a houge grip for my m&p

Hey I'm new to the forum, wanted to ask if anybody owns a Glock 26 and maybe give me some pros and cons .. thanks and advance

Hey I'm new to the forum, wanted to ask if anybody owns a Glock 26 and maybe give me some pros and cons .. thanks and advance
The only really thing I can think of as a con is the capacity you sacrifice by not getting the larger Glock 9mm. G26 holds 10 G19 holds 15 G17 17

Back
Top Bottom