NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

just picked up my first gun a little over a month ago

Sig Sauer p-229

$1,200 brand new

amazing gun

P229-TT-detail-L.jpg

One of the best there is...Some will argue Sigs are THE best. Heck the Navy SEALS swear by them. Nice pickup my fellow NT'er
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I just don't see myself spending over $1000 for any pistol except a 1911. Those an the HK's look like some damn good weapons tho

Dathbgboy...I believe a H&K Mark 23 would pry over $1000 from your wallet 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. I wouldn't even suggest holding one if you had a few thousand dollars sitting around chillin. The gun will have you simpin. Match grade heaven.

pix175928457.jpg

If the above Mark 23 SOCOM is the Michael Jordan of Offensive Handgun Weapon systems...

pix251774079.jpg

Then the FNP-45 Tactical is the Kobe Bryant. Mine is still naked, which is blasphemy. Need to get off my **** and get my NFA trust so I can get that Osprey silencer and that TRijicon red dot for the slide.

laugh.gif
I feel u. I hear nothin but great things about em. I wouldn't even put myself in that type of situation, I'd go in raw
laugh.gif
I gotta make a spreadsheet and list everything I need/want and put a priority number next to em. I know I stil want that DDM4, a silencer, and a few more pistols. It's all a matter of what I need to just go ahead and acquire first. So many decisions.lol

. I suspect familiarity/muscle memory being a major factor since it is basically the same shape and outline of the M-4/M-16.
That's one of the reasons why I like the SCAR more, the HK's aesthetics are too similar to the AR-family but... it's a whole other beast.

I've decided my future buy:

SCAR 16S or 17S in Dark Earth
Leupold 1.1-8 Tactical Scope w/ daylight red dot
http://www.opticstalk.com/topic21429_page1.html

Pics will follow hopefully by summer time.

^^^ Awesome 206!!! That scope seems very versatile. Which is good...I had the Leupold Mark IV Illuminated TMR 3.5-10x for my SPR and though it was a nice high quality optic it was too specialized. Wish I would have purchased something like what you are going to get. 

Originally Posted by MrPolow23

i hate love guns
FIFY
pimp.gif

Seattle206 don't sleep on the KAC SR15. It is the ultimate evolution of the DI AR15. If I had the money on hand the SR15 would be on my short list of rifles to buy.

got my FOID back in october...here's what I've picked up since then..
yes, I'm a beretta guy. I don't want plastic guns...

92G Elite II

1zbcwav.jpg

92G Elite upper (slide/barrel) with conical bushing and locking retainer nut for ridiculous accuracy...

21b6mf7.jpg

92FS w/ SGS compensator

2070spw.jpg

Yugoslavian Tokarev (next to it is a pocket pistol sized tokarev in .32acp made by the same company)

e9gpa8.jpg

have another in .40 (beretta 96) on layaway for my birthday in about a month...only 2 left on my list is a bulgarian makarov and a 1911 (STI Spartan)...then it's time to start reloading my own ammo..

In the process of buying a couple hundred dollars worth of tac gear so I'll post pics once I get it.

Finally decided to get a rifle. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience. Couple of questions for those in the know.

AK or AR? Ive been looking at the WASR 10 (AK clone), those run pretty cheap (less than 450), i like the bigger caliber, and the AK seems pretty fool proof.

I like the AR for it's abundance of ammo, customability, and resell value. I've been looking at mostly lower end models (DPMS and Rock River), since I don't really know what I want to do to it, i figure i can just get a basic setup and add on later. The lowest Ive seen for those is about 700 or so.

if i go with the AR, what sort of things should i be looking for (chrome lined barrel, etc)

thanks for the help in advance

^^^ Don't own a rifle yet but I'd go w/ the AR. From my understanding, them and M4s are crazy customizable.

On another note Elder, what's up w/ that base layer holster? I been waitin for a review
laugh.gif

Not a lot to add, but i just finally got myself a nice safe. Im actually using it as a bedside table (since its the same size as the one i was using already).

I threw my Glock g23 and an extra mag in there, on the top shelf for the old "you just never know what might happen" kinda circumstances. For some reason i love having that safe there now. I cant explain it.

(i keep the XDm and 2 mags on the dresser on the other side of the bed, for the more practical quick-n-easy access)

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Finally decided to get a rifle. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience. Couple of questions for those in the know.

AK or AR? Ive been looking at the WASR 10 (AK clone), those run pretty cheap (less than 450), i like the bigger caliber, and the AK seems pretty fool proof.

I like the AR for it's abundance of ammo, customability, and resell value. I've been looking at mostly lower end models (DPMS and Rock River), since I don't really know what I want to do to it, i figure i can just get a basic setup and add on later. The lowest Ive seen for those is about 700 or so.

if i go with the AR, what sort of things should i be looking for (chrome lined barrel, etc)

thanks for the help in advance
Check out the Spikes Tactical M4 LE. It is probably the best value in terms of quality and price on the market today. Also I'm in need of some assistance Aimpoint vs. Eotech? 

been busy lately. got my CCDW finally been carrying my M&P .40, picked up a M&P .40 compact with an extended grip
also **NEW NEW PICKUP** Smith & Wesson bodyguard .380 built-in insight laser. it's beautiful and really blowing out the diamondback and kel-tec market right now for smaller concealed .380's

also what are you guys carrying for ammo?

I recently have been carrying the winchester supreme elite or whatever JHP and the Hornady custom for all 3.

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Smith & Wesson .40; my first firearm.  I plan on getting a few more...
bro these are kind of junk unless you just want it for home-protection? should've went with the M&P  .40

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

been busy lately. got my CCDW finally been carrying my M&P .40, picked up a M&P .40 compact with an extended grip
also **NEW NEW PICKUP** Smith & Wesson bodyguard .380 built-in insight laser. it's beautiful and really blowing out the diamondback and kel-tec market right now for smaller concealed .380's

I recently have been carrying the winchester supreme elite or whatever JHP and the Hornady custom for all 3.

Best ammo choices here. You can learn a lot from this site.

Where did you get your safe?  I persuaded two of my buddies to finally buy a safe for their investments.  Outdoor Emporium on 4th ave, no sales tax.  Both got Sentry 10 gun firesafe for a tad over $500.  Not bad at all.

Haven't following gun news for months now.  Been too busy tapping into other hobbies but I really like the HST 147gr from Federal which I have been carrying for almost 3 years.  Have in my daily 9mm.

14o3tw3.jpg

^ 1911.

You guys get to decide what your going to carry, or is this for personal use?

I think i if i were going to get a pistol, i'd get the full size .45 glock. Ten rounds of 45 acp, glock reliability/ease of use.

Just picked up a used DPMS for 650, going to take it out to the range and snap a few pics later tomorrow.

AR guy- know a good website/forum for info? This is the first rifle I've ever owned.

^ 1911.

I think i if i were going to get a pistol, i'd get the full size .45 glock. Ten rounds of 45 acp, glock reliability/ease of use.

Just picked up a used DPMS for 650, going to take it out to the range and snap a few pics later tomorrow.

AR guy- know a good website/forum for info? This is the first rifle I've ever owned.
Check out AR.15.com and their tech forum, the Lightfighter.net forum, and M4carbine.net. A little warning about these forums, if you choose to visit the general sections of these forums they are rabidly

conservative and hate anything that is remotely liberal. I have most experience with AR15.com and it holds very true over there. For me it is honestly a good break form this site sometimes. Also don't

hesitate to ask me any questions. I consider myself very knowledgeable about ARs.

^ 1911.

just for on the job....... i have small hands looking for something easy to use and accurate.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

^ 1911.

Check out AR.15.com and their tech forum, the Lightfighter.net forum, and M4carbine.net. A little warning about these forums, if you choose to visit the general sections of these forums they are rabidly

conservative and hate anything that is remotely liberal. I have most experience with AR15.com and it holds very true over there. For me it is honestly a good break form this site sometimes. Also don't

hesitate to ask me any questions. I consider myself very knowledgeable about ARs.

good lookin out, im sure i will definitely be hitting you up in the future.

took my rifle out to the range, put about 100 rounds through it, handles really nice. I wish the adjustable stock was a little longer.

All I can say is to make sure you know what your AR is chambered for... 5.56 OR .223 . They are similar but not the same. 5.56x45 is Mil-spec and it can handle higher pressures than the .223. So it's %100 safe to shoot .223 ammo in a 5.56 chambered AR but not necessarily safe to shoot 5.56 ammo in a .223 chambered AR. You can usually find that information by looking around the magazine well of your AR...it is most often located around the manufacturers logo.

Back
Top Bottom