NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Copped some shottys (Maverick 88). Next is the AR if I can find a DC legal option
20201023_125157.jpg
Is there any advantage to having an 18 inch barrel as opposed to a 28 inch barrel?

Clearance. 18.5 for home defense. Cant maneuver hallways and doorways with a long barrel bird hunting gun.

Jus have to change up tactics though for a longer barrel. Find somewhere with a long hallways and sit tight.

Clearance. 18.5 for home defense. Cant maneuver hallways and doorways with a long barrel bird hunting gun.

Jus have to change up tactics though for a longer barrel. Find somewhere with a long hallways and sit tight.
Thanks! I have a 28 inch barrel shotty. I was thinking about getting another one with an 18 inch barrel and a pistol grip. I didn't know if there was any drastic difference.

Yea theres not, your good man jus have a plan should you have to break it out. Chasing after someone or securing your house with that thing wont be ideal but def doable. If it's a mossberg 500 or maverick 88 optics planet had 18.5 inch barrels for 100 bucks not toooo long ago. But yea 18.5 or 20 inches is ideal for home protection. With the 20 Inch 500s and 879s you get 2 additional rounds. Can always go pistol grip as well I'm jus not a fan unless it's like all the way tac'd out.

Classicfirearms is gettin dracos periodically. Gunprime if you wanna pay 50% markup always got ya covered.

deusavertat deusavertat why do you hate them?

Keeping it funky;

I’m from the hood and used to be afraid of them

Now I carry to the grocery store lmao

As far as Ak vs ar.....

7.62 is better and cheaper BUT

I went 5.56 Cause I can chamber .223 as well.

If I get another rifle caliber it’ll prolly be .308

Chambering technically two calibers outweighs the cheaper/stronger benefit of 7.62 imo (also the 7.62 Bren is toast. Recalled officially)

I technically don’t have an AR tho

Home defense;
I converted pistol to rifle and was worried about clearance as well, but I can fit down every hallway/doorway easily so it’s all good lol IF I suppress I’m leaning toward the mini RC2 to keep it as short as possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any advantage to having an 18 inch barrel as opposed to a 28 inch barrel?
Yeah the 18 is better for home defense, 28 for hunting. I couldn't find the 18 at first so I bought the 28 with plans to get the shorter barrel. The barrels are half the price of the shotgun though and rarely available.

Also thinking about going doing some mods (pistol grip, folding stock, light, etc) but might just leave it as is

sawed offs are cool, a "real" sawed off with a traditional stock requires a stamp though. Coach guns are a happy medium

Lots of dudes in here have shockwaves. less than practical when compared to a normal shotty but cant get more power than 6 rds of buckshot or slug from something you could easily toss in your bookbag

went to get rid of some tree branches in the forest and came across some targets. The orange markings are mine from about 30-35 yards.
C13ADEC3-5BF3-4584-9E21-8EF1E86EF93C.png

I've been trying to buy a rifle and fn 5.7 but every store in the area have hour(s) waits because they cant have more than 4 people at a time and when you get in they got nothing good >:((

I'm a beginner, never owned a gun
I live in TX
What do you recommend for a first handgun
Are there any types of stores to avoid?
What price range am I looking at?
Can I just walk in and buy it or do I need any paperwork beforehand?

Texas should be easy to gun I would believe , would assume walking in with an Id and them doing a background check which should take up to an hour if your history is clean ..

Find a store that has inventory of what you want would be the first step. Walk in and buy it. Background check will take a little bit but thats basically it.

I've had a CHL for over 10 years so its only ever been like a 10 minute process for me so I don't know how slow the process is for non-licensed buyers.

Yo
I'm a beginner, never owned a gun
I live in TX
What do you recommend for a first handgun
Are there any types of stores to avoid?
What price range am I looking at?
Can I just walk in and buy it or do I need any paperwork beforehand?
sign up for a beginners class, that way you have access to different platforms. In my cwp class they passed around a revolver, fullsize and compact 1911 style pistols. Explained the differences between striker and hammer fire, safety no safety, types of ammo #worthit.

Back
Top Bottom