NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I hate the term "High-Capacity" mag. A 30rd mag for an AR is standard capacity, for a pistols I feel if the magazine fits flush its standard capacity. Besides for a skilled shooter who can reload fast,

mag capacity means nothing.

Magazine capacity and shot placement are not mutually exclusive. But for some reason whenever the "high capacity" subject comes up it is almost always is followed by a statement about how shot placement is important, not the number of rounds. As if having more capacity means you plan on shooting wildly with no aim just because you have more rounds.

I believe highly in shot placement, that's why I go to the range and practice...my guns are not showpieces. But I also value having more rounds available should I need them WITHOUT having to reload. Reloading in the heat of battle is a point of vulnerability. I rather have 15 rounds in my handgun and not have to use them all rather than be in a gunfight and having to reload after 7-8 rounds. This is why I traded my Kimber in for my Tac .45. I came to that conclusion after a gun competition I was in conducted in a killhouse. We had to put two rounds center mass in every target . Well if you can do the math that was only 4 BG's before I reloaded. With my Tac I could have taken out 7 BG's while leaving one in the chamber to execute a tactical reload and having 15 more fat .45 rounds at my disposal. Remember guys, you can't pick the type of situation you might run into. Maybe it will be one dude you have to incapacitate and all you need are a few well placed rounds. Or maybe it will be a bunch of hoodlums who can't shoot for damn and you need to take them out and a few extra rounds will come in handy WITHOUT a reload. I go by the mantra that it's better to have and not need then need and not have. You'll never meet anyone who survived a shootout say " I had too many bullets man".

I agree wholeheartedly Elder. And speaking of mag size along with my Serpa holster I got mag extensions for my M&P9. 22rds of 9mm FTW. Also going to do a shooting competition in the afternoon

my first one. I can't wait.

Good Luck AR Guy! It's also true what you said Elder... Its better to have more and not need it than to need it and not have it. Since being in CA allows only 10 rounds, reloading comes often lol. Train with what you've got I guess.

So originally had been looking at a smaller gun like the Sig p232 for concealed carry, but I want something higher capacity, so I'm looking at the Sig p226 or possibly a Beretta 92....any recommendations for a good 9mm pistol other than those 2?

Originally Posted by eaalto

So originally had been looking at a smaller gun like the Sig p232 for concealed carry, but I want something higher capacity, so I'm looking at the Sig p226 or possibly a Beretta 92....any recommendations for a good 9mm pistol other than those 2?

Here's a good list of concealable 9mm. Best 9mm CCW Word of warning if you choose to look at the Sig P250. Make sure it is not a gen1 model. If you can get the latest model.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Here's a good list of concealable 9mm. Best 9mm CCW Word of warning if you choose to look at the Sig P250. Make sure it is not a gen1 model. If you can get the latest model.
I've heard great things about the Kel-Tec 9mms... Very light also.

I don't like that list because of the price restriction.  Simply - I want an incredibly reliable and high performing handgun.  I was particularly intrigued by the 226 or beretta because of their military history.  In the bulk of my searches for "top 5 9 mm pistols of all time," those 2 models are on nearly every list.  226 is used by the Navy Seals, 92fs beat out the 226 in the XM9 trials.

Concealed carry is definitely something I would like to keep in mind, but I honestly don't know how often I would really carry.  Just being honest with myself.

Originally Posted by Murray497

seriously considering a .308 scar-h. any heads shot or own one?

I am sort of in the market for a 5.56 Scar 16,  I have never shot the .308 version but the 5.56 is ultra-nice!  The trigger pull is so light and crisp and the ergonomics fits me perfectly plus even though its piston driven it is not so front heavy at all which puts my Sig 556 to shame.  Actually, I am thinking of getting rid of the Sig and use some of that money towards the FN.  Hit me up if anyone wants the 411 on a 556 Classic Swat
wink.gif

eaalto wrote:
I don't like that list because of the price restriction.  Simply - I want an incredibly reliable and high performing handgun.  I was particularly intrigued by the 226 or beretta because of their military history.  In the bulk of my searches for "top 5 9 mm pistols of all time," those 2 models are on nearly every list.  226 is used by the Navy Seals, 92fs beat out the 226 in the XM9 trials.

Concealed carry is definitely something I would like to keep in mind, but I honestly don't know how often I would really carry.  Just being honest with myself.

I own 4 different beretta 92 models and love em all..I don't carry, just go to the range every couple weeks and hopefully I'll get to do some competition down the road, but they're great guns for whatever use you can think of... what do you want to know about them? I haven't shot a 226 yet, but I'd put money on it being a great gun too..I just got the last one in from budsgunshop, police trade-in 96 (.40 cal) vertec (grip more vertical like a 1911, perfect for dudes with smaller hands)..
my 92s..modded all of em except the Elite II, just added fiber optic front sights to it..sold the .40 upper of the vertec and kept the frame to use with my other uppers, specifically a .22 kit. 

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab114/futuristichandgun/billy1.jpg

I feel the Glock 19 is the perfect mix of concealability and performance. If I had to choose between a Sig P226 or an M9, Sig all day but it would not be my choice in handguns. Also what are you looking

for in a pistol. Do you want an external safety, do you want a strike fired pistol, how much are you willing to spend? There are a lot of factors to take into consideration. Now for pictures of my shooting this

past weekend.
happy.gif
It was so fun. Everyone should do something like this. The scenario they gave us was we had to fight our way to a medical bag and fight our way back.

^ nice pics. hopefully i can get some guns to take to the range soon. before i turned 21 i promised myself as soon as i turn 21 i'm getting a gun. i'm 23 now
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I feel the Glock 19 is the perfect mix of concealability and performance. If I had to choose between a Sig P226 or an M9, Sig all day but it would not be my choice in handguns. Also what are you looking

for in a pistol. Do you want an external safety, do you want a strike fired pistol, how much are you willing to spend? There are a lot of factors to take into consideration. Now for pictures of my shooting this

past weekend.
happy.gif
It was so fun. Everyone should do something like this. The scenario they gave us was we had to fight our way to a medical bag and fight our way back.

Awesome AR Guy!  I would like to do some type of 3-gun this summer if I have time for it!

Nice pics!!! I'd like to practice with my cousins and family doing something like that. Do some Magpul drills like movement, reloading, transition, shooting on the move, covering your partner and prone/urban prone shooting lol.

AR guy is black? 
eek.gif

Elder's FNP tac has me doing some research. I think i'm going to pull the trigger on the USG version in June (unless i can find the flat earth color for less than 600, then i'd be all over that %%%%). 15 rounds of .45 is basically double that of that my 1911, the build seems real solid, it has a hammer and decocker and generally i haven't read/heard of too many issues with it.

Elder- any differences between the tactical version and USG version besides the sights/cutout, threaded barrel, bag, and mags? It seems like mechanically it's the exact same pistol, but the Tactical has more bells and whistles. 

That's cool
laugh.gif
. They're not many black dudes who are into guns like I am for the right reasons. I kinda pride myself being black and being so knowledgeable about guns.

Just a heads up to all, Ammo prices are going up 15% starting May 1st. So stock up now before they raise prices. Its time to buy more .22s now lol.

Back
Top Bottom