NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

sup yall, im new to the whole "Gun" scene but im looking to invest in the XD.40 handgun. My question is

Where can i go to study up on or practice the license test? Or is there just certain things i should just knw?

im in CA by the way, and im 22

The handgun safety test is pretty easy just common sense. As far as practicing you can go to the local gun range and they usually have loaner guns to test.

A good hollowpoint is Gold Dots made by Speer. I would also consider Winchester Rangers and Federal HST. Look those up and make sure they work in your Glock. Some guns like certain ammo over others.

test out a glock 36 thinking about investing in one..... to carry everywhere i go, i have a concealed license so it would be perfect, heard a lot about the glock 36 misfiring but didnt have any problems when i shot it at the range.

might get a smith and wesson m&p for my duty weapon held one at the store and its pretty nice quality is way better than the glock. i want to fire one before i make my decision.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Ok fellas I copped the Glock 17 9mm over the Glock 21 .45acp. My boys are saying that the 9mm doesn't have enough stopping power for home defense yet after reading around people say that I just need the correct bullets.

NT can somebody recommend me some good 9mm bullets for home defense.
Here you go Best Self Defense Ammo

Personally I go with the Winchester Ranger-T 127gr JHP +P+, pretty hard to find and expensive though. And Xavier the M&P is the best fitting handgun for me I've ever fired, you'll love it.

mfak4701.jpg

ill stick to my normal

Got my Trijicon MS03 red dot reflex sight. Simple to install since the FNP came with 2 mounting bases, 1 for a trijicon and 1 for a docter (ironically enough, i had to use the docter mount for my trijicon sight. Anyway, on to the pics.

295zci9.jpg

xlxyc3.jpg

2poqn4n.jpg

vwu1ph.jpg

Originally Posted by ichiecotite

Got my Trijicon MS03 red dot reflex sight. Simple to install since the FNP came with 2 mounting bases, 1 for a trijicon and 1 for a docter (ironically enough, i had to use the docter mount for my trijicon sight. Anyway, on to the pics.

xlxyc3.jpg
oohh my...super jealous..nice setup....wish i had $1600 to spend
frown.gif

-sf77

where you gettin these pics from? Got about an hour to kill @ work.

shoefreak-cost waaay less than 1600. Traded a gun in for the FNP (plus 700 cash) and the sight was about 150= 850 out of pocket cost.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

where you gettin these pics from? Got about an hour to kill @ work.

shoefreak-cost waaay less than 1600. Traded a gun in for the FNP (plus 700 cash) and the sight was about 150= 850 out of pocket cost.

wowzers...very nice.
I was thinking retail...that gun runs about 900-1100 on average...and I figured the sight was about 400-500...i am looking at a similar setup, only difference was that I was hoping to get the Trijicon RMR sight....
I just realized that wasnt the RMR, i think that might be why the stock plate supplied by FN didnt work...i thought it was designed for the RMR...who knows...

regardless, that is dope!!!!
-sf77

that RMR was/is a too much for me personally, especially considering i know nothing about about optics and i still need to get scopes for my AR, guage, and mosin.

I didn't even want the tactical version, but i couldn't find the FDE USG .45 model for under 700. I figured I'd just spend the extra money on the tactical. the only thing that sucks is that for me, it's not at all practical for concealed carry, and accessories are extremely hard to find. I'm going to have to get a holster made since the Raven concealment has a 5 month wait for a holster.

Looking for a new carry piece in the 300-400 price range, cuz right now I'm 'carrying' my damn gun in a bag, or I have to pack my little CZ83 (.380)

richiecotite - I love the setup.

A few pictures from my hunting camp:

12 Gauge BPS skeet shooting (R700 .270 waiting patiently)
698265769fb3b92f8022b366ccbfbfb3bc5b7d89_r.jpg

Sighting my cousins 30 odd
675263767bb029b481225161bb332239dc4c2b89_r.jpg

My cousin shooting my .270
37d2646619b139118372c36b6564c03f4a19be19_r.jpg

50%  of the time I would prefer to shoot guns over having relations 100% of the time.

Been away for 2 weeks at some place called Banned Camp. Good to be back 
laugh.gif
. Lot has been going on in here and that's awesome. Nice pic up guys...especially Cotite, the only other person I "know" that has a FN .45 Tac. How much did you pay for the Trijicon? I am looking at that and the Burris FastFire 2 which is only $170 lowest price. Heard a lot of good things about it. After that all I will need is a suppressor and my OHWS will be complete. Solid Snake 2011.

Also Cotite, did you know that for Fairfax and Prince William County we don't need to do a trust? Just go down to the Sheriffs office and obtain a LEO sign off. It takes 4 weeks. That's the best way to do it anyway since a Trust can be challenged by the ATF.

tfxBgiiIfqLlU7DfQ8Z1fOrvihduM_Iutzrci-e0Sxd6U1yEXCdQ4Jqqkl7LAFrZwDJrPhiLEfJnDhmqyA6hNSAM3qHVeUsqz-RQvg9D8XBQlad5qjjO9Y7RP9PxTAKix5NcrROq7W3hesUcJlYDJNGz

Back
Top Bottom