NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by 0cks

If I just want a handgun to leave in the glove compartment of the whip, what kind of license do I need? Does it really need to be in a case? If there's a situation I really wouldn't want to have to open the glove box and then unpack the gun from a suitcase and assemble it before I'm locked and loaded... I'm in TX btw....
are you 21? what city do you live in? I remember hearing when I was living in San Antonio to leave the magazine out or in a separate location than the firearm.  You don't need any type of license as your vehicle is your property.

If I just want a handgun to leave in the glove compartment of the whip, what kind of license do I need? Does it really need to be in a case? If there's a situation I really wouldn't want to have to open the glove box and then unpack the gun from a suitcase and assemble it before I'm locked and loaded... I'm in TX btw....
just your conceal and carry.  check with the gunshops by you.  they usually offer the class.  you can leave it loaded in your glovebox all day with that.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

just your conceal and carry.  check with the gunshops by you.  they usually offer the class.  you can leave it loaded in your glovebox all day with that.
why leave it in the glovebox if you have your license to carry? without the license you can have it in your glovebox just not loaded.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Originally Posted by Xavier

whats the best place to buy tactial gear and accessories?

USCAV.com
TAG - tactical assault gear (brand)
SKDtactical
Spikes Tactical
LAPoliceGear
thanks man
pimp.gif

why leave it in the glovebox if you have your license to carry? without the license you can have it in your glovebox just not loaded.
well he said he wanted a gun just to throw in his glovebox.  i'm just saying that's how he can keep it in there loaded. 

in MN we have to keep guns cased and unloaded in the trunk if we don't have a permit to carry.

well he said he wanted a gun just to throw in his glovebox.  i'm just saying that's how he can keep it in there loaded. 

in MN we have to keep guns cased and unloaded in the trunk if we don't have a permit to carry.
I believe that's the general law in most states. It's the same here in PA. The firearm can't be loaded, has to be in a case, and somewhere where u don't have easy accessibility to it i.e. glove compartment or trunk
But Anton funny for that "can't disclose state" foolishness.lol But yea man, ARs and M4s aint cheap. The ammo is pricey too unless u can feed .223 through it. Same reason why I haven't picked up a rifle yet, I got bills and a family. My XD is all I can afford right now

whats the best place to buy tactial gear and accessories?

USCAV.com
SKDtactical
Spikes Tactical
LAPoliceGear
thanks man
pimp.gif
DSG Arms offers a great discount for LE and Mil.

Ares Armor
LaRue Tactical
Tactical Tailor
Diamondback Tactical

All of these are g2g too.

good looks ar guy and drft and dnks

need some advice i have a glock 22, not really feeling it...... considering this week getting another duty pistol preferably a .45 or layawaying a ar

now the glock 22 isnt that bad just dont like it which should i get

im looking into getting a armalite if that helps

pistols im looking to get maybe a springfield xd

i'm about to start the process of getting a license...i'll definitely read through this thread.

good looks ar guy and drft and dnks

need some advice i have a glock 22, not really feeling it...... considering this week getting another duty pistol preferably a .45 or layawaying a ar

now the glock 22 isnt that bad just dont like it which should i get

im looking into getting a armalite if that helps

pistols im looking to get maybe a springfield xd

This is my personal opinion.
I'd recommend to anyone to stay away from .40. It's going the way of the dinosaur. I remember a few years back reading about a lot of law enforcement agencies was making the switch from 9mm to .40, it was supposed to be the the best combo of capacity, bullet weight and speed. And it's a compromise round. Now it seems like a lot of folks are going back to .45. When i had my glock (g22, 2nd gen), i had issues with brass not being ejected. I personally think the round's recoil is way to snappy  There's a good chance it was operator error, but that left a bad impression on me. The only good thing about .40 is ammo is cheaper than .45. 
For the record, I'm not just a .45 fan. I'd take a 9mm any day of the week, and I like the idea of the .357sig (never shot one though)

anyway, back on topic, Xavier, i'd say take a look @ FN's line. Apaprently the FNP is being discontinued; depending on where you live you could probably catch an FNP 9 (with 17 rd mag capacity and 3 mags standard) for >$470. Even though that XD is ugly as sin, I can't deny they feel damn good in hand, and a lot of people say the trigger is better than glocks (i like it over glock because of the grip safety)

Anyway, if i were you, i'd be looking at a 9mm or .45. .45 ammo is gonna run you significantly more than the 9 though.

Again, this is just my opinion, and as they say 'opinions are like asholes, everyone has one'

thanks man i was looking into getting a 9mm, to but a lot of people been telling me "dont get that man the round can go through the person and hit your fellow officer." or the if someone is coming at you, its not going to have enough stopping power.

and on the glock 22 having a snappy recoil, when i had to qualify i noticed this lol it wasnt bad where it was messing up my shot group, but it was noticeable.

i qualifed with a beretta(m9) in iraq when i was out there and i remember it had like 0 recoil lol.

Thanks for the info y'all, I'll look into the conceal & carry license... I'm in Houston and a lot of people have hunting racks in the back of their pickups w/o licenses... I need something for unexpected action/protection whenever I'm downtown @ night

What do y'all think about the S&W sigma series?
nerd.gif

^ i was looking @ a sigma a few yrs back

the thing is ugly as sin, but from what i hear, it's a solid piece. If your just looking for something for home protection, carry, or range shooting, and don't need/want a lot of bells and whistles, it's a good gun. Plus it's still a damn good value, since you can get a brand new one for about 350 or so
edit* a quick gunbroker search shows most going for under/around 300. I might have to give that thing another look!

Being in Cali sucks for a gun user. We can only have 10 round mags max out here legally. I'm looking at a 9mm Glock 17 but I've heard the XD trigger is super smooth. This will be my home protection/ range gun

Richie I'm not the biggest fan of the sigmas aesthetics, the two tone setup is kinda wack IMO. I think id just powder coat the top black and it would be alright.

If y'all have anything else good to say about this piece @ 300 I might just cop 2... ya know one to rock one to stock... jp I would get one for the crib and another for the car tho...

the Sigma is junk IMO, check out M&P line if you like Smith and Wesson.
also check out the .380 bodyguard it's new and real smooth

Another handgun I can recommend it the Smith and Wesson M&P. Good things being said about it, I've held it in my hand and its got a pretty nice grip(depending on your hands though). I have shot Glocks and I have to say their triggers are kind of spongy til break, thats just me I guess. I myself would choose a .45 but you cant go wrong with a 9mm either.

@CAfinest: You wont go wrong with the XD, have some good hollowpoints that will feed in the gun(some guns are picky) and shoot a few to test before having them ready to protect the home.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

USCAV.com
SKDtactical
Spikes Tactical
LAPoliceGear
thanks man
pimp.gif
DSG Arms offers a great discount for LE and Mil.

Ares Armor
LaRue Tactical
Tactical Tailor
Diamondback Tactical

All of these are g2g too.
yep Tactical Tailor is great and right don't forget about 5.11 directly and BLACKHAWK!
laugh.gif
directly I think you can order from their site.

Y'all talk a lot about stopping power... how often have y'all come across someone on a LSD/PCP cocktail that comes at you like the juggernaut? I mean the neener should make a loud enough clap to let dudes know what time it is... right?

Also can a .45 pierce a bullet proof vest? In COD the DE is a one shot kill to limbs/head/chest etc.

Its a Bullet proof vest lol, if the plates are in good shape I think it can stop a .45, but you the person wearing it could still get dropped from impact. Thats a fat slug for your chest to catch lol. If your wearing Rifle plates they have different levels of protection and I dont know plates to well since I cant get em here in CA.

level II vests will stop your avg handgun round

smoke ya- why is the sigma junk? i know when it was first introduced, there were some issues, but from my understanding, they worked those kinks out. For the price, i'd buy one to toss in my BOB

they're just ugly, it's the model that GLOCK sued for patent infringement. Just not sure why you would waste money on that when you can have an excellent refined version in the M&P line. But if you can find one for cheap get it. It's just not a must have pistol IMO
and I understand not all of us can afford Wilson Combats.

^Just looked up Wilson Combat.....those are some nice looking guns. Classic Supergrade: 4,400 bones though?!?!??!

Back
Top Bottom