NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

d2126c967db4965bfd2ff8c89c86dcc5c58b3d6f_r.jpg

SR9... loaded with Winchester PDX1 +P
Currently building my first AR...should be assembled by weds.
Nice firearms everyone
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dropten

Nice firearms everyone
pimp.gif
YO....I'm working on rebuilding mine right now, what kind of upper you have? Did it come stripped, or already built? You gotta give some detail upper, lower, trigger assembly, yadda yadda
Anyone have a piston system in their AR's? Thats the next big thing I want to do after I change out the upper to a flattop 

Originally Posted by richiecotite

Originally Posted by Dropten

Nice firearms everyone
pimp.gif
YO....I'm working on rebuilding mine right now, what kind of upper you have? Did it come stripped, or already built? You gotta give some detail upper, lower, trigger assembly, yadda yadda
Anyone have a piston system in their AR's? Thats the next big thing I want to do after I change out the upper to a flattop 

Got the DPMS sporticle flat top complete upper. I though of building my own upper but I didnt wanna go through all that. The sporticle is a slickside , no foward assist or dust cover, but the price was too good ($380 shipped) to pass up. Honestly, I dont need a foward assist or dust cover unless im goin to war. Got a CMMG Mod4 SA stripped lower, Tapco T6 stock and DPMS LPK. I think anyone building an AR should atleast assemble the lower themselves. Its a great learning experience. One day ill assemble an upper.

Originally Posted by Xavier

glock 36 or smith and wesson m&p 45 ?
Glock 36 would be my choice.
S&W MP has too much going on;  so much that the safety features would get in the way in a pressure situation.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

S&W MP has too much going on;  so much that the safety features would get in the way in a pressure situation.
This is why a lot of law enforcement outfits pick the M&P...because of that magazine disconnect safety. The thinking goes that an officer would be better protected from an assailant trying to take his gun he can release the mag and with the mag disconnect safety found on the M&P the gun will not be able to shoot.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

My M&P has none of those safety features but a big added one. I don't have to pull the trigger to disassemble it. But the M&P can come with these features if you want them which is a big +1 for lots of LE.

Originally Posted by thabasedgod

man yall got all these crazy guns...
what yall be doin with em do they be sittin around collecting dust??

If you'd do back a few pages you'd see.
grin.gif
eyes.gif

Smoke ya later, that's real nice man. You used just crayon's?

Good stuff Smoke ya Later, looks clean actually.

Good to see the M&P getting the respect it deserves. The handgun market (other than 1911's) was getting kind of boring with the usual (Glocks, Sigs) recommendations. Not to say those aren't worthy of the praise, but y'all know what I mean, variety is definitely appreciated.

I took a BIC lighter and applied heat to the area I wanted to cover.
Pushed a white crayon down across the area, let it set for 10 minutes.
Took hard plastic (old grocery store points card) to get the excess off.
Final step is to take a little gun oil on a cloth and clean off the remaining excess.
It came out pretty clean but it could probably look a whole lot better on the grips.

some people were doing neon green and red on the engravings. I think the XD models have an edge
on the engravings. they have that sweet looking "springfield armory" logo on top of the slide.

Nice Auto 1911...
and to stay on rare 1911's here is the Colt OHWS (Offensive handgun
weapon system), it was the competitor to the H&K SOCOM Mark 23 OHWS for Special Operations Command.
Well we know the Mark 23 won, but supposedly there are still a few of
the pre-production models out in the wild.

1274375700.jpg

Originally Posted by tsixp

Anybody know of a good place to shoot within a few hours of NYC?

plenty of places in NJ to shoot if you have your own firearms to shoot...
closest might be bullethole in belleville... small place and really crowded on weekends but rangetime is relatively inexpensive.

if you are looking to rent you'd have to go to shore shot or brick armory- both within minutes of each other in lakewood nj.
that's at least an hour drive from the city though.

Originally Posted by eteam o2

Originally Posted by tsixp

Anybody know of a good place to shoot within a few hours of NYC?

plenty of places in NJ to shoot if you have your own firearms to shoot...
closest might be bullethole in belleville... small place and really crowded on weekends but rangetime is relatively inexpensive.

if you are looking to rent you'd have to go to shore shot or brick armory- both within minutes of each other in lakewood nj.
that's at least an hour drive from the city though.
Yeah I do have my own firearms, thanks for the tips, I'll have to look into those spots.

Some pics I took from the Andrews Air Force Base (Home of Air Force One) Airshow. Today it was closed for the public and only DoD was allowed in.

All pics from the USSOCOM tent.

2j5bfkl.jpg

This was actually a SOPMOD-type M4 from Civil Affairs...notice the guy's arm with the suit jacket on. Civil Affairs is still within the SOCOM community, and they have weapons AND operators when they go do their thing.

2m3ixc6.jpg

Mk. 17 (SCAR-H 7.62) I asked one of the SEALS if they liked it and he told me it's literally a love or hate type situation amongst the operators. He himself didn't prefer it.

o6d5l3.jpg

6ptbn4.jpg

Mk. 13 40mm Grenade Launcher...It can be separate, or added under-barrel of the Mk. 17

Nice pics Elder. That M4 probably weighs like 9lbs-10lbs. I've heard that the M320 is being received very well but no one ever uses the sights that come with it. I still don't understand why the Elcan SpecterDR comes with those POS ARMS mounts
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Nice pics Elder. That M4 probably weighs like 9lbs-10lbs. I've heard that the M302 is being received very well but no one ever uses the sights that come with it. I still don't understand why the Elcan SpecterDR comes with those POS ARMS mounts
30t6p3b.gif

Thanks AR Guy. The M4 looked a lot heavier than it actually was...looked really busy though. I can't comment on the ARMS mount, but I will say that the glass on that Elcan is super clear. They had a lot more stuff on display of course, but I did more 'yappin than 'snappin.

If I had the cash I would love to invest in an Elcan. To go from 1x to 4x in a flip of a lever, sounds awesome. But ARMS is a company I in good faith cannot support. Plus the scope is like $1600 so yeah I'll probably never own one
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom