NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

i'm looking to purchase a pistol soon.  i've made my mind up on a .45, but am not too sure on which one i want to go with though.  i like really these...

Ruger P345
chinap345-1.jpg

or the Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion
1911-Scorpion-Detail-R.jpg

does anyone own or have range time firing one of these, and could let me know what you think about them?
1287732591.jpg

HK45
pimp.gif

Its beautiful and reliable, it also comes in a smaller version (HK45c)

But you cant go wrong when it comes to Rugers, they're great pistols for the price...

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

i'm looking to purchase a pistol soon.  i've made my mind up on a .45, but am not too sure on which one i want to go with though.  i like really these...

Ruger P345

or the Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion

does anyone own or have range time firing one of these, and could let me know what you think about them?
Can't say I've shot either one of those, but i've had a ruger (p95) and a 1911 (Springfield GI), but if this your first gun, i'd say go with the ruger. Modern design=easier to disassemble and handle, most new pistols don't have that required break in time, designed to work with JHP's (1911 was designed to shoot 230 grain ball ammo), and will be overall easier to maintain.

Of course, 1911 is a great gun, sig sauer is a highly respected company that makes high quality products, so you put those together and i'm sure it's going that scorpion is a damn fine gun.

Ruger is made in USA though
wink.gif

So I went to the range today with one of my high-speed coworkers who has been to most of the top notch shooting schools and deployed to Afghanistan numerous times. He brought his 1911's...not just any 1911 but a stainless steel Wilson Combat, and a custom made for him Ed Brown 1911. BTW his custom Eddie B cost him close to $3000 Me I brought my FNP-45 Tactical. He is a die-hard 1911 fan...but after he saw how damn accurate the FN .45 Tac is and how smooth it shoots he couldn't stop gushing about it after shooting it.

How accurate is the .45 Tac? From 66 feet away I put four shots through one hole on a terrorist/hostage target...with my alternate hand. My coworker didn't believe I was a truly ambidextrous shooter until I switched hands during our competition and still hitting the same spots from a distance. I credit my First Sergeant (he was a young Sgt. in the Ranger Battalion during the Battle of Mogadishu aka Black Hawk Down) when I was a Special Forces recruit for showing me the art of combat shooting. There is no such thing as a weak hand unless you allow yourself to have a weak hand. Most of us have nice weapons in here...but that's only the first part of owning a weapon. I challenge you to become extremely proficient with what you have already before going to buy new stuff. It might save your life one day, or spare an innocent persons life if you have to discharge your weapon.

BTW the HK45 and the FNP .45 Tactical were the frontrunners to win the Joint Combat Pistol program to replace the M9 (Beretta 92F), but due to money considerations the program was cancelled.

v2z7s4.png

This was a terrorist behind the hostage target. Circled is my 4 shot group through one extended hole. Mind you this was 66 feet away with a handgun. Also got him all over his forehead, nose and eye area. The one flyer to the right was me overcompensating not trying to hit the hostage.

^^
pimp.gif
I shoot with both hands with my Glock 17 currently.

Thinking of copping a Glock 21 .45acp next or a Springfield 1911. Any reviews of either gun?

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

^^
pimp.gif
I shoot with both hands with my Glock 17 currently.

Thinking of copping a Glock 21 .45acp next or a Springfield 1911. Any reviews of either gun?
That's what's up!!! Keep up the good work CA. The Glock 21 SF is a really really good .45, very respected, especially for the die-hard Glock fans. Springfield 1911's come in so many floavirs flavors, from the basic G.I. Model to the Loaded model. Their top of the line 1911's are pretty good and solid. In other words you can't go wrong with them. The G.I. Model is good as an inexpensive way to enter the 1911 world...then you can upgrade part by part later on if you choose to do so.

^thanks homie.

If I cop the 1911 I think I want the secret service package offered by Springfield. The reason I would choose the Glock 21 is because it's so much easier to clean and I'm comfortable with the frame.

If you going to spend a nice amount on a Springfield, look up the TRP. Very nice piece of work. Or you can always get the Springfield Professional which is even better lol.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

So I went to the range today with one of my high-speed coworkers who has been to most of the top notch shooting schools and deployed to Afghanistan numerous times. He brought his 1911's...not just any 1911 but a stainless steel Wilson Combat, and a custom made for him Ed Brown 1911. BTW his custom Eddie B cost him close to $3000 Me I brought my FNP-45 Tactical. He is a die-hard 1911 fan...but after he saw how damn accurate the FN .45 Tac is and how smooth it shoots he couldn't stop gushing about it after shooting it.

How accurate is the .45 Tac? From 66 feet away I put four shots through one hole on a terrorist/hostage target...with my alternate hand. My coworker didn't believe I was a truly ambidextrous shooter until I switched hands during our competition and still hitting the same spots from a distance. I credit my First Sergeant (he was a young Sgt. in the Ranger Battalion during the Battle of Mogadishu aka Black Hawk Down) when I was a Special Forces recruit for showing me the art of combat shooting. There is no such thing as a weak hand unless you allow yourself to have a weak hand. Most of us have nice weapons in here...but that's only the first part of owning a weapon. I challenge you to become extremely proficient with what you have already before going to buy new stuff. It might save your life one day, or spare an innocent persons life if you have to discharge your weapon.

BTW the HK45 and the FNP .45 Tactical were the frontrunners to win the Joint Combat Pistol program to replace the M9 (Beretta 92F), but due to money considerations the program was cancelled.

v2z7s4.png

This was a terrorist behind the hostage target. Circled is my 4 shot group through one extended hole. Mind you this was 66 feet away with a handgun. Also got him all over his forehead, nose and eye area. The one flyer to the right was me overcompensating not trying to hit the hostage.
eek.gif
 thats crazy good.
Im gonna be taking my first concealed class this coming Saturday. Any advice anyone can give me? Im also gonna be buying my first pistol pretty soon. Looking at the Glock 27. Hear theyre nice and of course easy to conceal (subcompact). Any info/reviews on them?

Took the my Glock 17 9mm on a field trip today shot 300 rounds of American Eagle 124g ammo today it feeds really well accurate and clean.

Target I kept was 25 yards away.

Saved the last round of the day for the headshot below.
8f035eb6e51f7ff138901de3b25300fc7fcf9fb.jpg
823358b8e458790e3c2f1360b458f95522e41f9.jpg

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

v2z7s4.png

eek.gif
 thats crazy good.
Im gonna be taking my first concealed class this coming Saturday. Any advice anyone can give me? Im also gonna be buying my first pistol pretty soon. Looking at the Glock 27. Hear theyre nice and of course easy to conceal (subcompact). Any info/reviews on them?
I don't have a Glock 27 but I do have a Glock 17 9mm. Very easy to clean these weapons! Also very accurate once you get used to the sights and grip. If you have young ones however the safeties are all internal so therefore you need to be careful when firing and carrying.

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

just your conceal and carry.  check with the gunshops by you.  they usually offer the class.  you can leave it loaded in your glovebox all day with that.
why leave it in the glovebox if you have your license to carry? without the license you can have it in your glovebox just not loaded.

Nah in Texas you don't need a CHL to keep a loaded handgun in your vehicle while traveling. I have my CHL and learned that during the course. According to House Bill 1815 as long as the pistol is concealed and you are within your legal right to own a handgun, you can carry it in your vehicle loaded and ready for action.

I'm in Houston, TX too BTW.

Carrying an unloaded firearm to me is pointless. What you gonna do when you're getting jacked or held up? Tell the robber to hold on while you load up?
laugh.gif

- Preciate it.

LOL, hold up jacker, I'll let you get the swangaz, let me get something out of my trunk.

So I took my new Sig 1911 to the range this past weekend and put about 300 rounds through it. Realized that I am cross-dominant(left eye dominant and right handed). Most of my shots were down and to the left. Are there any other ways to correct this besides switching over to the left hand? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Think ima pick up a ruger 22/45 for my next gun as a suppressor pistol host.

It will look something like this. Minus the pac-lite upper

so i have a question...lets say you purchase an AK (or any other rifle) in a state that allows you to purchase one without a license. how would you carry it home? probably a dumb question but i'm just curious...

Originally Posted by debs 168

so i have a question...lets say you purchase an AK (or any other rifle) in a state that allows you to purchase one without a license. how would you carry it home? probably a dumb question but i'm just curious...

Depends on which state you reside. Some states you can just throw it in the car and go where ever. Others, it must be cased unloaded and taken home.

ARGuy Sir, you do know once you are officially promotable to O-3 you can attend SFAS and tryout for Special Forces right? I think you may be a good fit to be the leader of an ODA. You ever thought of that?

CAFinest that's some pretty good shooting from 25 yards with a pistol. I only see a few flyers, but most of your shots are hitting center mass, and it wouldn't be a good day if the target were a human.

The last few days I have been at training for the M-11 (Sig P228/P229, and this morning was our qualification day. All I can say is this...I have never shot a more accurate pistol than the Sig P229. For us qualifying included the 25 yard shot, the 15 yarder with combat reload, the double tap (controlled pair), and the 7 round ammo dump. Mind you the P229 is the smaller compact version of the P226, and even with it's shorter barrel that baby is a tack driver at 25 yards. If you can put the front dot on the target and have a controlled trigger squeeze it's going there...point blank period end of story. The instructors said the pistols we were using have at least 15k rounds through them and they were still dead on accurate.

Anyway I qualified Expert with my alternate hand and I can't even take the credit for that...that was all about that dang Sig. One of my pistols may be sacrificed in order to get one. I fell in love. I'll post my target once I take a picture of it and upload it.

attachment.php

The exact model we had with the rails.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ARGuy Sir, you do know once you are officially promotable to O-3 you can attend SFAS and tryout for Special Forces right? I think you may be a good fit to be the leader of an ODA. You ever thought of that?
Elder I am extremely honored that you think that highly of me because you have first hand experience with those guys but I chose to be an Artillery Officer. I can say though Ranger School is something I am interested in exploring. Once again I really appreciate the compliments 
embarassed.gif

@ElderWatson thanks bro. I shot this target using 124g ammo so it was hot. Bought 300 rounds of it today so I will see how it works on sunday.

That SIG 229 is
pimp.gif
my homie from the marines raved about that pistol after his first round.

Felt good to go shooting again!  Nothing like sending 1000 rounds down range with the younger cousins.  Party time again on the 4th.  Aw...Nothing like having a 1.5 acre gravel pit practically in my own backyard.

BTW, what is the censuses on the Sig Sauer 516 Piston-AR?  I'm too low on funds to afford the SCAR now so I have to settle or something cheaper. 

124jas7.jpg

2ds4i03.jpg

izw2no.jpg

6duyyx.jpg

2chxqn9.jpg

nejfx0.jpg

2cscmlx.jpg

116jsr8.jpg

6tkdci.jpg

awyq0n.jpg

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Elder I am extremely honored that you think that highly of me because you have first hand experience with those guys but I chose to be an Artillery Officer. I can say though Ranger School is something I am interested in exploring. Once again I really appreciate the compliments 
embarassed.gif

AR Guy, Congrats for your decision to be an Officer for the KING of Battle...Artillery. The Army needs great, motivated young leaders like yourself in every branch. But (lol) of course if you ever change your or want to go another route later in your career SF is one of many challenges you could do/try...it's open to any branch once promotable to O-3...just that mostly Infantry O's go out for it. Anyway again you seem to have the mental edge and confidence it takes, at least what I could glean from your posts in here.

CAFinest, let me borrow some ammo dude...I finally have a 9mm
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Really though where are you getting yours from and at what prices? Cheapest I seen practice ammo was like $190 for 1k rounds.

Seattle,

Awesome pics as always, I'm not jealous of your outdoor range (Ok I am
happy.gif
). You may want to look at M&P's Piston AR. Good reviews, solid weapon, less than a SCAR or Bushie ACR (Magpul Masada derivative).

2yljmnm.jpg

My new in box P229. Got it this morning from the gun show. Virginia seems to have a gun show at least every other week it seems
laugh.gif
. I drove down to Fredricksburg to get it. Extras include SigLite Tritium night sights, beaver tail grip, threaded barrel for suppresor, custom Hogue OEM rubber grips, and and super short trigger reset when in single action. All that for $900 when the base model is $899 retail. Thank goodness for gun shows and trades. My first 9mm ever. Coming from a .45 it seems kinda strange...but if it's good enough to be the Navy SEALS main sidearm, then it's good enough for me. Can't wait to take her to the range.

@ElderWatson try luckygunner.com or Wal-Mart around my way has winchester white box 100 rounds $24.00 a piece.

Back
Top Bottom