NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Thanks bro. It will be a little bit before I cop one but ill do some research on there in the meantime.

Elder its great to know you're doing good in A-Stan. Question tho, how come you only load 21 rounds?

richiecotite
Great advice, the only way you're going to find a gun you like is to try different ones out. For women the best gun for them is the one they will actually shoot. The best weapons for HD goes; Rifle>Shotgun>Pistol but whatever weapon you do buy make sure you buy a good weapons light for it to ensure proper ID on your target. To many people get shot when people don't ID their targets and shoot at noises.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

glad your doing good elder.
pimp.gif

i finally got my permit to purchase.  now i'm debating on building an ar... thinking about piecing together one off spikes.  it seems pretty easy to piece together a stripped lower receiver right? i'd just buy the upper all together and build the lower.  seems kinda fun.
laugh.gif
i'd be proud as hell.

Do it. That's exactly what I did for my first AR. It really is a since of accomplishment after you finish and it really isn't that hard. It also gives you more insight on the inner workings of your weapon. You only need a couple tools but there are two or three pieces that are a pain to install.  If you need any advice don't hesitate to ask.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Going to the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly VA in February with cash in hand to pick up some quality firearms. Looking at getting a LWRC REPR or Larue Tactical OBR or PredatAR in 7.62. Looking at the Elcan Specter DR for my optics...I highly suggest you read up on the Elcan Specter. It's like having an EOTech/Aimpoint AND an ACOG all in one.

Anyway this is all I have for now. Take it easy guys.
I'm right down the road man, holler at me.
It's good to see back around here, stay safe out there.

yea, i watched a video and it looked really simple. everything just seemed to snap into place and you're obviously doing it wrong if it doesn't fit. all i need is a an upper, a stripped lower and the parts kit right?  nothing seemed complicated just a few tricky things to get at.

just ordered a lee single stage press. i figure i can save 40% rolling my own. Anyone else handload/reload their own ammo?

copied from wikianswers:

In the past (pre-86 I think, but I'm not sure), no guns were registered in California; after registration began (only for handguns), any transfer through an FFL dealer would cause registration, however before 1/1/91 private gun transfers without going through an FFL were legal. Thus, a person can own a gun which they bought legally through a private party (pre '91) that was originally bought pre-registration. This gun would be perfectly legal and not registered. Any transfer of ownership after 1991 must be through an FFL dealer which would cause registration (exception is intrafamily transfers, which require a separate form for registration) (bringing a handgun in to the state also requires a Personal Importer form to be filled out). Because of this, simple possesion of an unregistered handgun is not a crime, however buying one without going through an FFL dealer is.
Owning an unregistered gun that was manufactured after the start of registration (i.e. brought in illegally from another state) could get you in trouble, however the likelyhood of such is dependent on many factors/circumstances.

Long guns are not registered in CA at all.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q...California#ixzz1clhEG2yp

pimp.gif

i finally got my permit to purchase.  now i'm debating on building an ar... thinking about piecing together one off spikes.  it seems pretty easy to piece together a stripped lower receiver right? i'd just buy the upper all together and build the lower.  seems kinda fun.
laugh.gif
i'd be proud as hell.

Absolutely, you should assemble it yourself. Usually comes out cheaper and u get it how you want it.

Edit
Where r u located that u need a permit to purchase a long gun?

my cheaperthandirt.com order came in, picked up 3 more 16 round CLIPS for my FNP-9's. Also got a Lee Turret press and 9mm/.38/.357 steel die set. unfortunately, I don't have a workbench to bolt it to, or brass, bullets, powder, a tumbler. I might have to get another .45 just so reloading is worth it.

All these gun heads in this thread and no one handloads?

Aimpoint came in. Got it for $560 with the Larue mount. No shipping, no taxes.

I accidentally smudged the front lens, oh well.

Got to play with some cool toys last night.A good friend of mine is shipping out to Iraq today, he had issues with his flight yesterday, and ended up flying into regan instead of Baltimore. Since he's deploying tomorrow, he had almost all of his gear with him. He's an Air Force PJ, btw. So he let me play with his m4. His is full auto, 16 inch barrel with an aimpoint and an APTIAL, not too littering yet, but he's going to paint it and add his surefire light when he gets over. They also gave him a surefire suppressor, and a standard issue m9. He also has a bunch of diving equipment and some parachuting equip. He must have about 500 lbs of gear, his body armor is probably 30 lbs. One surprising thing he told me was he had issues with windowed Pmags jamming, and loading a full mag. Toldmethebest mags hes used are metal with tan anti tilt follower.

Originally Posted by eteam o2

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
i'd be proud as hell.

Absolutely, you should assemble it yourself. Usually comes out cheaper and u get it how you want it.

Edit
Where r u located that u need a permit to purchase a long gun?
Minneapolis.  i could buy a shotgun or rifle. but no pistols or ar's without a permit.

any idea where i can get an extended clip (20 or 30 mags) 9mm for a ruger p95? im in md but can travel to dc md va or pa. i know they are illegal in cali and dc.

Sold my USP .45 today didn't want to let it go but I need to clear room for another 1911. I'm thinking of a Kimber .45 Pro Carry

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

any idea where i can get an extended clip (20 or 30 mags) 9mm for a ruger p95? im in md but can travel to dc md va or pa. i know they are illegal in cali and dc.

Spend the extra $$ and get a springfield XDm 9mm .. comes in 19+1 off the break ..

And you get 2 clips

Question for all the rifle heads ...

Thinking of copping an AR next year ..

Where do I start? What's a Good brand/model I should start with?

You mean extended "magazine" with 20-30 rounds?also good luck getting mags with over 20rds online. I believe the max for MD is 20. MD law states its illigal to sell magazine with over 20rds in the state, but its legla to own. You just have to purchase it accross state lines( PA). So online stores more than likely wont ship 20+rds mags to MD

I just recently started working in a Firearms store and being surrounded by it all day makes wanna cop everything
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Anyways I'm still waiting til I'm 21 so I can get my first Handgun and I've been looking at some 9mm Glocks, mainly the G19.  What's are some of your thoughts or recommendations NT?  I want something for home defense as well as a gun I can take to the range.

Originally Posted by HARM

Spend the extra $$ and get a springfield XDm 9mm .. comes in 19+1 off the break ..

And you get 2 clips

Question for all the rifle heads ...

Thinking of copping an AR next year ..

Where do I start? What's a Good brand/model I should start with?
Look at the chart first
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&single=true&gid=5&output=html

With that being said, you should look at brands which are mil spec like Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM. They are considered top tier and aren't much more expensive than garbage brands like Bushmaster, DPMS, Stag, etc.

Also do a lot of research/reading over at http://m4carbine.net

Back
Top Bottom