NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Picked up some lowers from PSA for $60 each. Gonna build one once I get my sbr approved. Probably add a bunch of NP3 coating :tongue:

Last edited:
Went to the gun shop today ,and some 12 year old was in there discussing pro and cons about some of the handguns with his dad, and it just made me laugh considering I'm barely going to buy my first one

Picked up some lowers from PSA for $60 each. Gonna build one once I get my sbr approved. Probably add a bunch of NP3 coating :tongue:

[COLOR=#red]JD, have you built an AR from "scratch" before? Just wondering...at some point I'd like to build my own firearm[/COLOR]

What are some good FAA approved cases for a 9mm ? I just need a point in the right direction thanks.

You plan on flying with your firearm? Pelican, or any hard sided case will work that can be locked. When I fly with my firearm, I put a gun lock on the gun, Lock the case, then put another gun lock thats attached to the inside of the suitcase.

[COLOR=#red]JD, have you built an AR from "scratch" before? Just wondering...at some point I'd like to build my own firearm[/COLOR]

Nope never, but Im gonna start buying all the tools, vice block etc, I wanna be fully set up for reloading and ability to build my own AR's within the next year.

[COLOR=#red]MPLS, they'll be around even when you are ready...they just started shipping to the US a few months ago...heck my Serial number is sub-500. Got mine for $545 NIB so try to look around that price if you can when you are ready. If you need me to track one down for you so you can get it FFL'ed let me know. We have gun shows here in Houston every other week it seems like, and I can get you the vendor info and secure a great price for you. Let me know either way...NT friends helping friends to spend unnecessary money...It's the NT way :lol: [/COLOR]
Didn't know you were in the H Elder. Did you go to A&M or just a fan? I'm class of 05'. Anyway, we may have to link up and go shoot. I'm pretty well versed in pistols but my rifle knowledge is pretty much non-existent. I'd like to purchase an AK next but I need to be schooled first lol.

- Preciate it.

You plan on flying with your firearm? Pelican, or any hard sided case will work that can be locked. When I fly with my firearm, I put a gun lock on the gun, Lock the case, then put another gun lock thats attached to the inside of the suitcase.
[COLOR=#RED]
Yes true indeed. I fly with my pistol most of the time and I just have a lockable hardcase. Hoosier, check with the airline you are flying with and go to this TSA webpage for specifics if you haven't already http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/firearms-and-ammunition .

The process is simple...(MAKE SURE YOU GO TO THE TICKET COUNTER BEFORE HEADING TO THE SECURITY SCREENING LINE)
Before you leave unload your firearm and place it in your case and lock it.
Make sure your ammo is no in the same case as your firearm.
When you go to the ticket counter, let the agent know you are traveling with a firearm (it's called declaring your firearm to travel), they'll ask you to open the case and show that the firearm is unloaded.
They'll then put an Orange label card in your case to show it's unloaded then they'll check it in to be put on the plane.
I usually put my gun case in my other checked baggage so it will not be loose and exposed, but that's because it's just a small handgun case.[/COLOR]

Didn't know you were in the H Elder. Did you go to A&M or just a fan? I'm class of 05'. Anyway, we may have to link up and go shoot. I'm pretty well versed in pistols but my rifle knowledge is pretty much non-existent. I'd like to purchase an AK next but I need to be schooled first lol.
- Preciate it.
[COLOR=#red]
Yes indeed, I've been in Houston since April of this year. I'm starting grad school this upcoming spring semester at A&M. Just went up there yesterday as a matter of fact to get some last minute stuff squared away. I'd down to head to the range, I go to Carter's Country to shoot. Let me know what's up. AK's are fun, real fun. I'll put you on to my AK dealer, he's Russian and REALLY knows his stuff, he's a gunsmith too. Dude has authentic Russian firearms and accessories like the authentic PSO-1 scope for the Dragunov. [/COLOR]

How often are the police trade ins put on buds gun shop? Low on cash and looking for a reliable cheap 9mm for a few months. Def not trying to get a hipoint.

I took a stab at making a video.
its probably boring lol
but I made it public mainly looking for feedback
comments and criticisms are welcome...
I guess

I shot the video in April just before I left for BCT and haven't been able to fire it since.

anyway, have at it... at the very least maybe it'll provide you with some entertainment at my expense.

I took a stab at making a video.
its probably boring lol
but I made it public mainly looking for feedback
comments and criticisms are welcome...
I guess

I shot the video in April just before I left for BCT and haven't been able to fire it since.
anyway, have at it... at the very least maybe it'll provide you with some entertainment at my expense.

[COLOR=#red]
Embedded it for you bro. Thanks for the vid...have not seen a review on the striker fire version of the FN pistola. BTW dude you have an epic voice :lol: You could make a Craftsman socket wrench review sound intelligent :rofl:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Any recommendations on a handgun safe? Preferably one I could bolt down and under $200, thanks

Any recommendations on a handgun safe? Preferably one I could bolt down and under $200, thanks

I've been researching safes for a bit and I'm highly considering either one of these models from Ft. Knox:

https://www.ftknox.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=54

or

https://www.ftknox.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=57

Their quality build looks top notch and sturdy, are able to be bolted, and has a mechanical lock so no need to worry about batteries every dying on you at the wrong time.

I've been researching safes for a bit and I'm highly considering either one of these models from Ft. Knox:

https://www.ftknox.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=54

or

https://www.ftknox.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=57

Their quality build looks top notch and sturdy, are able to be bolted, and has a mechanical lock so no need to worry about batteries every dying on you at the wrong time.

Thanks for the help. These are actually thicker and about the same price as some I had seen

I love living in Arizona, gun laws are so easy on its residents. No permits for concealed guns, and the clip sizes are not limited like California

Bought a 9mm Sig P250 in its latest model for $400 and a 9mm Smith & Wesson SD9 VE for $350. Quick back ground check and I was out the door.

Is there any Colt 1911 38 Super owners?

19 yrs old trynna cop my first gun.. looking for a decent hand gun that ain't gonna rape my wallet.

Still gotta go through the whole process of everything tho. Anybody know what I gotta do to get a legal gun under me in Northern California? Thanks

19 yrs old trynna cop my first gun.. looking for a decent hand gun that ain't gonna rape my wallet.
Still gotta go through the whole process of everything tho. Anybody know what I gotta do to get a legal gun under me in Northern California? Thanks

I'm pretty sure you gotta be 21 to apply for a ccw/gun license.

Back
Top Bottom