NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Last I read, it's very unlikely that something would get through the House. Not enough votes for gun control legislation to pass

i dunno...
those ppl have to answer to their constituents. depending on how the ppl feel, something will change or their employment will.
IMO anyway.

the NRA press conference did not help at all. i mean...:smh:
who authorized that speech?

i dunno...
those ppl have to answer to their constituents. depending on how the ppl feel, something will change or their employment will.
IMO anyway.
the NRA press conference did not help at all. i mean...:smh:
who authorized that speech?

You have to remember that ARs are now one of the most popular rifles in the country. It's a very vocal minority calling for a new AWB.

[COLOR=#red]But even if they do, what am I going to do with 25 magazines? I'm saying I'm really really really really into firearms and have been since I was 12. I love shooting, have had to carry a fully automatic rifle everywhere I went for half a year and all that jazz, been to top notch shooting schools, had a chance to shoot the 10.5" HK416 full auto mag dumps...but when it comes down to it at the very least I just want to be able to protect me and my fam, don't see a need to have an arsenal befit of a small militia... what I have now is MORE than adequate for defense. I'm not about to let a faintly possible weapon ban have me running around panicking trying to buy every bullet and every mag I can find. That's just me though...to each his own I guess. Long as my current firearms are grandfathered in I'm good. [/COLOR]

I know your a firearms enthusiast, same as I am, but if they do a) outlaw mag fed rifles or b) make them an NFA item, think about what that will do to responsible gun owners, and introducing new shooters to firearms ownership. If they make it an NFA item, most Even though you might be good with the firearms you own being grandfathered in, what about anything you might want to get in the future? What if your kids ever want to get into shooting? Guns are an already hobby. Add in artificial inflation (because of moronic bans and status), and it's just another way to keep people from enjoying marksmanship.

I don't need 100 mags the same way i don't need an AR, AK, FAL, or whatever I choose to buy. I don't need 1000 rounds of ammunition, but i know if i have it i'll use it until I can't afford to buy more ammo. Wouldn't it have been nice if you could have stockpiled gas from 1999 when it was 70 cents per gallon compared to the $3 plus per gallon price?

Last I read, it's very unlikely that something would get through the House. Not enough votes for gun control legislation to pass

Republicans are caving on this; even formerly gun friendly Democrats are calling for action.

Even if it doesn't get through the house, theres always Executive Order.

How many exactly are caving? Like I said, from what I've read, even factoring in Republicans who vote for it, the numbers might still fall short

Republicans are caving on this; even formerly gun friendly Democrats are calling for action.
Even if it doesn't get through the house, theres always Executive Order.

When southern Republicans start caving than I'll worry. Also Obama can't use an EO to enact legislation like a AWB.

Last edited:
Elder, richie, AR Guy, any other NTer. If you guys see an FDE Scar 17s and it's under $5k at your store(s) can you PM me their info or something. The prices are redonkulous now and this is one of the guns I'm after.

Haven't been on here in a while, figured I would post my latest addition, plus new pictures of what's currently in my safe.

The newest pistol - Ruger Mark III Tapered Barrel

In addition to this, The Ultimate Clip Loader - makes me feel not as guilty about doing mag dump after mag dump. Can burn through a jumbo pack of .22 LR in no time at all.

Changed out the grips on my P226 Tac Ops from Magwell to Hogue G10 Piranha, but I only have +2 magazines, nothing that is flush fit.

I've been begging my wife to let me get some Mec Gar 18 round flush fit magazines for it, but we had a daughter on 12/12/12, and it's simply not a priority.

The P290 with +2 magazine, then flush:

The inside of my safe:

I went ahead and took inventory of my ammo, definitely want to stock up on some Speer Gold Dots...
21x Federal 9mm 100 pack
3xWinchester White Box 9mm 100 pack
1xSpeer Gold Dot 124g +P 20 pack
1xFederal HydraShock 20 pack (I think 135 grain?)

Bought something like 20 boxes of Federal Lightning .22lr, and then another 5 boxes of jumbo packs - Federal/Winchester...so I'm sitting on about 2500 rounds of target 9mm, and maybe 3,000 rounds of .22lr, not that it's a serious investment.

Why I can't spend money on guns and ammo anymore, but something worth protecting:

Last edited:
Elder, richie, AR Guy, any other NTer. If you guys see an FDE Scar 17s and it's under $5k at your store(s) can you PM me their info or something. The prices are redonkulous now and this is one of the guns I'm after.

[COLOR=#red]Got you covered. PM me, you'd have to FFL it to your store though. It's an online store that is HIGHLY respected for the few who know about it. They are not following the stupid price increase due to the panic of a possible ban. Well at least not for now :lol:[

Oh BTW they are STILL selling the SCAR 17S for $3250 and they are still in stock too/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]BTW congrats to Eaalto for the new addition to his family, also Cotite for the upcoming addition. Wish nothing but the best for you and yours.[/COLOR]

I know your a firearms enthusiast, same as I am, but if they do a) outlaw mag fed rifles or b) make them an NFA item, think about what that will do to responsible gun owners, and introducing new shooters to firearms ownership. If they make it an NFA item, most Even though you might be good with the firearms you own being grandfathered in, what about anything you might want to get in the future? What if your kids ever want to get into shooting? Guns are an already hobby. Add in artificial inflation (because of moronic bans and status), and it's just another way to keep people from enjoying marksmanship.
I don't need 100 mags the same way i don't need an AR, AK, FAL, or whatever I choose to buy. I don't need 1000 rounds of ammunition, but i know if i have it i'll use it until I can't afford to buy more ammo. Wouldn't it have been nice if you could have stockpiled gas from 1999 when it was 70 cents per gallon compared to the $3 plus per gallon price?

[COLOR=#red]Honestly brother from a long term perspective firearm laws are cyclic. Even if they ban them I full believe and have trust that it will be temporary in the same way the Brady ban was. After all the emotions die down and distance is created from these tragedies I feel we'll be able to buy the firearms we want again. Trust and believe there will be a political backlash if a ban comes into fruition.

I do have 2 sons that I wish to pass on my firearms to. You make a good point. Maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic. We'll see either way brother.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Got you covered. PM me, you'd have to FFL it to your store though. It's an online store that is HIGHLY respected for the few who know about it. They are not following the stupid price increase due to the panic of a possible ban. Well at least not for now :lol:[
Oh BTW they are STILL selling the SCAR 17S for $3250 and they are still in stock too/COLOR]

:nthat:

Honestly brother from a long term perspective firearm laws are cyclic. Even if they ban them I full believe and have trust that it will be temporary in the same way the Brady ban was. After all the emotions die down and distance is created from these tragedies I feel we'll be able to buy the firearms we want again. Trust and believe there will be a political backlash if a ban comes into fruition.
I do have 2 sons that I wish to pass on my firearms to. You make a good point. Maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic. We'll see either way brother.
If a ban gets instituted you better believe that it's not getting rescinded.

The demographics of the country are changing and an ever shrinking part of the population is part of the "gun culture". The old school Whites and Blacks who grew up around guns and see it as a right to own one are ever dwindling. Look at the states/regions with the most restrictive gun laws. They're also regions with historically heavy immigration from regions where owning weapons was restricted. 

There was a stat in a publication that less than 20 % of the population owns the vast majority of America's 270MM+ guns. 

The only reason that guns aren't heavily restricted in the US ala DC, Chi, NYC is because the Supreme Court has tied the 2nd amendment to State laws. So you still have many states that are "old school" (aka native white & black majority).

All it takes is a reversal in that ruling (and it will come sooner or later with the changing of the court) and the Feds will institute extensive bans. 

Last edited:
If a ban gets instituted you better believe that it's not getting rescinded.

The demographics of the country are changing and an ever shrinking part of the population is part of the "gun culture". The old school Whites and Blacks who grew up around guns and see it as a right to own one are ever dwindling. Look at the states/regions with the most restrictive gun laws. They're also regions with historically heavy immigration from regions where owning weapons was restricted. 

There was a stat in a publication that less than 20 % of the population owns the vast majority of America's 270MM+ guns. 

The only reason that guns aren't heavily restricted in the US ala DC, Chi, NYC is because the Supreme Court has tied the 2nd amendment to State laws. So you still have many states that are "old school" (aka native white & black majority).
All it takes is a reversal in that ruling (and it will come sooner or later with the changing of the court) and the Feds will institute extensive bans. 

[COLOR=#red]Hey man at this point we are all speculating. [/COLOR]

Sup NT gun lovers.  I work at a gunstore and this past week has been absolutely nuts.  We are by no means a huge operation but I can say we had the biggest and best stock of guns for our area and we are sold out on everything!  NO AR's or even stripped lowers are available and nothing en route.  For the week we probably sold almost a thousand guns if not more.  Good job to everyone who was able to beat the rush for the most part but when a $1299 Colt M4 is going for &3000 + on GUNBROKER with bids, you know people are feenin.

This week has just been absolutely ridiculous for gun lovers and and workers.

[COLOR=#red]One guy could possibly bring down the civilian gun industry. The days of the black rifle could be coming to an end (at least for new purchases) I'm stuck in the middle of denial and reality.

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]One guy could possibly bring down the civilian gun industry. The days of the black rifle could be coming to an end (at least for new purchases) I'm stuck in the middle of denial and reality.
[/COLOR]

Now you see why I purchased those lower recievers. I just ordered 3 more of these, top quality and IDK when they will ship but they said in email after I ordered I will get them for the price but the wait will be worth it.

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/ar-lowers-1/complete-lower-1.html

[COLOR=#red]All of a sudden a Remington 700 is looking more attractive. If there is a ban those shouldn't be affected. Slap a Nightforce optic on it and I guess I'll get into long range shooting. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Anytime I read a newspaper article or hear the talking heads on these news shows...and I hear them say something like "high capacity CLIPS" then I know it's time to stop reading or turn the channel. Journalists are so out of touch...all it would take is the minimal amount of research for them to be more accurate with their commentary. Instead they just feed the hype and fear mongering. The newest buzzword is Bushmaster type assault rifle. Those evil black rifles I tell...:smh: [/COLOR]

Did you guys see that the online news website in New York did? They posted names and address online of every registered gun owner in 2 of their counties. SMH so wrong.

Back
Top Bottom