NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

[COLOR=#red]Yeah this thread is like an intro to firearms so to speak, there are definitely sites with more in depth information, but at the same time so much gets lost in pissin contests and arguing over brands. At first that can be a little intimidating for people interested in getting into firearms.

Even better than arfcom and the other sites is to build a relationship with a knowledgeable local gunsmith, you get much more personal advice and info...and that also depends on what the gunsmith is into. I have a former Russian infantryman that is now a Class III dealer and gunsmith, dude is all I need as far as Eastern bloc weapon info. [/COLOR]

Congrats, have you shot one before? Let us know how you like it after you get to a range.

Nice. xd line gettin alotta love from everyone ived talked to with one.

Another NTer with that FNX 45 tac... damb damb damb

I couldnt get that gun without immediately goin broke... supressor would be on before a mag was even thought about being loaded hah. Hicock45 on youtube has vids of him squirting it :x

That's the only ammo that I've ever had an issue with. I had about 4 failures to feed out of a single box, and it happened in 2 of my guns (Sig P226, Sig P290). No issues with Winchester White Box, Winchester Hollow, Federal, Magtech, but my gun(s) had issues with the Remington ammo.

Here's a pic so you can see the snag:

Damn. Yea my sr45 doesnt prefer Rem either but for 9mm both mine eat it no prob. Ive had way more issues with whote box... specificially n 45. I can litterally feel the difference n loads from shot to shot... if your makin ammo as fast as they r tho quality control is obv gunna suffer

Its bad tho sumtimes im like damn did a +p jhp get mixed in with the target ammo or what. Plus its filthy. 50 rds through leaves as much res as 100 rds of PMC or any other cheapass bulk ammo

I just bought a Smith & Wesson SD40 VE and it has a lock that pops up when you pull the slide back. Will it do that when it's loaded as well? Because I don't want to have to unlock the slide everytime I cock the gun.

Went with my friend to the range a few weeks ago and shot his S&W .40 CORE. Night and day from shooting a glock 9 (17 3rd gen). Sights and. groupings were better too. Smh I might have to check out getting one.

I just bought a Smith & Wesson SD40 VE and it has a lock that pops up when you pull the slide back. Will it do that when it's loaded as well? Because I don't want to have to unlock the slide everytime I cock the gun.

I dont own that specific gun, but the answer is no.

Nice. xd line gettin alotta love from everyone ived talked to with one.

Another NTer with that FNX 45 tac... damb damb damb

I couldnt get that gun without immediately goin broke... supressor would be on before a mag was even thought about being loaded hah. Hicock45 on youtube has vids of him squirting it :x

[COLOR=#red]JEWSEE, it's the most unique .45 on the market bar none. I mean the slide is already pre-cut to accept a red dot, it comes with elevated tritium night sights so that you can still use them with a suppressor, it holds 15 in the magazine the one in the pipe which is the highest capacity for any out of the box .45, plus it is extremely accurate. It's actually an offensive handgun when handguns are usually defensive in nature. With a red dot on top, laser/light on the rails, and a suppressor, and 16 rounds of slow fat hard hitting .45 it cannot be beat. One of the best pistols I've ever owned.

When I first moved to D.C. proper in 2010 I used to sleep with it under my pillow :lol: The neighborhood where I was staying was borderline sketchy. [/COLOR]

Last edited:

Is there a magazine (empty or loaded) when the slide locks?

Alright NT bros, I've got a dilemma.

So I sold my AR today. As of right now I do not own a rifle (I do have an AK and FAL I'm keeping for a buddy who moved).

I've been shooting my 1911 quite a bit lately, I've gotten the bug so to speak.

Originally my plan was to sell the AR, and use that money and send it off to a 1911 smith to get it customized. Then I started thinking about 2 is 1, and started thinking about buying a colt 1911.

But I feel kind of naked not having an AR, so I started thinking about buying a new one ( BCM or Colt?) keep in mind I probably shot my AR less than a handful times this year, and I'm not sure how much I would shoot one if I still had it.

Right now I can get a colt or 1000 or a basic BCM for 1100.

So the question is, do I send my 1911 to get customized, get a new 1911, or get an AR? If I go with an AR, do I go BCM or Colt?

Get a new 1911... colt gold cup?

Im notta big AR guy tho. Dont live out in the stix anymore so id hafta really go out n find places to put some round thru an AR.

Richiecotite

Stay away from 1911's. I have yet to shoot one of them that doesn't jam. Can't go wrong with a glock

Richiecotite

Stay away from 1911's. I have yet to shoot one of them that doesn't jam. Can't go wrong with a glock

I do think shooting firearms is pretty subjective. But to say to stay away from a 1911 is pretty crazy. I think 1911s are probably one of the most reliable handgun platforms to date. Glocks are great too no hate towards them but 1911 > Glock IMO

FWIW, I have 2 9mm glocks and 2 .45 m&p's

I can agree that a lot of 1911's aren't reliable, especially with modern hollow points. That's the reason I want to send it off to the smith; let him fit and tune the extractor, throat the chamber, polish feed ramps, give it a basic reliability package, then get him blend the magweill, fit a new beaver tail, maybe front strap serrations, etc.

JewSee- colt gold cup is out of the picture. They're slightly out of my price range, but more importantly and non negotiable is it has to have Novak cut sights. With the range officer, I had to drop close to 200 bucks for decent night sights, and the Harrison's are really the only hard use, non adjustable option.

As far as new 1911's go, I'd really like a basic colt series 70 gov model, but I'm not sure if I can justify the extra $400 or so they seem to command over the series 80 pistols. Also looked at the XSE, special combat, and the basic 80 series. Also, if I could a good deal on a TRP I'd go With that. It didn't help my local range has a Wilson xtac for $2300 and a used Ed brown special forces for 2100......

I do think shooting firearms is pretty subjective. But to say to stay away from a 1911 is pretty crazy. I think 1911s are probably one of the most reliable handgun platforms to date. Glocks are great too no hate towards them but 1911 > Glock IMO

Not sure how to embed videos on niketalk mobile but for all you 1911 heads or anybody debating on which one to buy please check this video out. This guy shed's a lot of light on the history of them and most importantly how they're built.

Here's an update to that video with one of the very few craftsman that can actually build a very reliable 1911

Last edited:
Stop it 5.

Youre never convincing anyone in here they should do away with 1911s because glocks are more reliable... all the big gun heads n here have both... myself included.

Id take a colt 1911 over any glock... plus i alrdy have a glock and richie has several so we appreciate your insight but sit down now. I guess we should stop buyin semis all together since revolvers are THEEE most reliable handguns you can own.

You also have to keep in mind that there is one company that makes glocks (glock). There are probably close to or more than 100 companies that make 1911's , not counting the ones that have come and gone over the 100 years the design has been in service.

The fact that a 100 year old design is still not only popular and relevant, but also the choice of many of the top professional shooters (by professional, I mean dudes who shoot other dudes as part of their jobs) is simply amazing.

Also, using James Yeager as a source for your argument=fail. Not trying to be ****, just saying.

Both guns have their pros and their cons, the question is which works better for the individual and their situation.

mdf7603: nice xdm 3.8 compact maldonado: i hope you enjoy your 9mm also... when i was looking for mine, i couldnt find any of those calibers around in the 3.8 compact... so i went with a .45 acp... when you open the case its amazing...

Do all walmarts have a 3 box limit now? I only really go there to buy ammo and haven't shot in a while. They only had one box of 7.62x39 anyway. Bout to just mail order some corrosive I guess.

Never mind tula and wolf is still cheap online.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom