NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Alot of love for the xds Ima try it this week. Any body own a rock island armory 1911 if so how is it? Thinking bout getting that for my first 1911

Shot several. Theyre built like tanksss. Pretty decent guns. A buddy has the tactical 9mm with wilson combat grips. Black/carbongrey its filthy lookin. Id own one

Where's the best place to buy a pistol? (A sporting goods store, gun show or online)

I had a Ruger revolver a few years ago but I sold it because I moved.

I'm looking into buying a high capacity pistol, what should I look for to buy one?

Considering my Mom owns a small gun store, I'll always suggest finding a local place first. While their prices will have to be a little higher than the bigger gun stores or chains, they'll usually go the extra mile to ensure you stay happy as a customer. But if the price difference is 20-30 dollars more, I'd say that's not too bad.

Do you plan on carrying it or home defense or just to have one and take it to the range?

Where's the best place to buy a pistol? (A sporting goods store, gun show or online)

I had a Ruger revolver a few years ago but I sold it because I moved.

I'm looking into buying a high capacity pistol, what should I look for to buy one?

Gun shows have the best prices in Texas.

Considering my Mom owns a small gun store, I'll always suggest finding a local place first. While their prices will have to be a little higher than the bigger gun stores or chains, they'll usually go the extra mile to ensure you stay happy as a customer. But if the price difference is 20-30 dollars more, I'd say that's not too bad.

Do you plan on carrying it or home defense or just to have one and take it to the range?

I want to be able to carry if I eventually get a concealed carry license but for home defense right now

Any NT gun enthusiasts in CA?  It's been a madhosue at work recently.  Lowers, AK's, AR's just flying off the shelfs.

Just a heads up if you didn't know for all CA folks.  Rifles fall into a new registration regulations on the 1st of the new year.

Larry johnsons completely custom 1911

Last edited:
Finally got a decent gig to be able to start building an AR-15/M4 what parts do yall suggest? Just a tidbit, I'm looking at .223 since the 5x56 ammo is a little more pricey but would like to feed both if possible

Took my CCW course today..It was a long 12 hours, but totally worth it..Learned a lot about proper technique and the laws for my state..Now I just have to wait about 2 more weeks and I'll have my card and be 100% official..

Took my CCW course today..It was a long 12 hours, but totally worth it..Learned a lot about proper technique and the laws for my state..Now I just have to wait about 2 more weeks and I'll have my card and be 100% official..

Jesus. I'm glad Texas cut that down to 6.

Can you provide a link to more info because I find it hard to believe its "completely custom" 

The slide reads limited edition in spanish, I'm almost certain the only thing custom is the grips and minor add ons.

Lol no.

You cant see how short the trigger is? Custom barrel too. It doesnt have a magwell or any extended controls i guess but as you see its more of a designer peice

depends on what your idea of "custom" is.

is custom picking out the options you want that a manufacturer offers?

or is it taking new,unfitted parts, and completely building a gun from the ground up?

or is it taking something you already have, sending it to someone, and telling them exactly what and how you want it?

Last edited:
Finally got a decent gig to be able to start building an AR-15/M4 what parts do yall suggest? Just a tidbit, I'm looking at .223 since the 5x56 ammo is a little more pricey but would like to feed both if possible

It really depends on your budget and what you want/need. I'd say if you want to keep it under $750 or so, i'd be looking at palmetto state armory. Right now they have their premium bolt carrier groups for $100 or so. It's MPI and HPT, and is hell of a deal. A stripped lower will run you about $100 plus transfer fees (about $120 total in my 'hood) or, a lpk another $50 and a good upper receiver group for $279. Add a rear sight, handguards and stock and you have a perfectly serviceable rifle for less than $700.

Personally, the next AR I purchase/build will be a rainier arms. They are an extremely good deal if you think you want extra's or are trying to go higher end for a build. For example, they have complete lowers for $380. That includes a Heavy buffer (those usually run about $25) , ambi BAD *** selector ($50), ALG QMS ($45), B5 Bravo stock ($60), Fortis QD end plate ($20), MOE grip and triggerguard ($35). They basically save you $100. Their RUC rifles would price out to about $2k for all the bells and whistles and they cost about

Back
Top Bottom