NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Ever since the drought started, my local walmarts have had the 3 box rule. Before, I think it was 6 box limit that most employees didn't pay attention to. Seems like Tula only went up 30 cents or so since the madness began

mdf7603: nice xdm 3.8 compact maldonado: i hope you enjoy your 9mm also... when i was looking for mine, i couldnt find any of those calibers around in the 3.8 compact... so i went with a .45 acp... when you open the case its amazing...

yeah man, very happy with my purchase!

:pimp:

Picked up a stainless guide rod for my glock and walnut grips for my 1911.should be here next week. Havent shot either n goin on 3 months. Def have to make it out somewhere soon. Ive been runnin around the bedroom at night dry firing drivin the wifey nuts hah

Richiecotite

Stay away from 1911's. I have yet to shoot one of them that doesn't jam. Can't go wrong with a glock

I own both and to say stay away from 1911's is absurd. If taken care of and well oiled then jamming won't be an issue. Sure a glock you can pretty much do whatever with it , neglect it and it'll shoot with no hitch but any day out of the week I'll shoot better with my 1911. Although, I will say I'm more comfortable for defense purposes with my Glock.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

Im lookin to buy a handgun. This will be my first gun. Any suggestions?.....I have been considering a ruger p95 however I dnt think its legal in cali since its a 15 shot and handguns in cali legally can only hold 10.

Have you ever shot anything before? Any preferences? Revolver or pistol? Do you plan on carrying it, home defense, or just for the range? Price range?

Just for the range and home defense. I dont plan on carrying it around at all. I shot a glock 19 and p95 ruger I like the ruger but because its a 15 shot, they are not legal in ca. Price range 250 to 350.

Whats good all. Been a while since I've been on. Got my lower back from engraving at Ident in Texas. Love the work they did for me.

Spikes Tactical Enhanced Lower Parts Kit.
Vltor A5 stock kit.

Mocked up with Psa complete upper.

anyone have a nick name for their guns... i call mine nick :lol:

I call my Savage 110 "old friend" a lot. Worked my butt off to save up to buying it way back when, and I've used it for hunting the past 15 years. Recently upgraded the scope and stock on it as both were cheap as hell and stock :lol:
The synthetic stock took a couple of pounds off of it, and the new scope is fantastic. Old Rangefinding :smokin

Last edited:
Finally... finally getting my concealed carry permit. I took the class I needed like 2 years ago and between not having the extra funds and just forgetting about it, I'm finally getting it :lol:

I have my appointment tomorrow and hopefully it'll be a few weeks after that. I don't plan on daily carrying or anything, but it'll be nice to have the option. My Springfield XD-9 can be concealed (I'm a bigger guy), but I think my next gun will be smaller with that in mind. I'm not a fan of most revolvers unfortunately.. but last time I went to the range I shot my Mom's Walther PPK and I was insanely accurate with it. I had been shooting mine all day with solid success, but as soon as I went through a magazine with the PPK I was literally dead center on every shot :lol:

I've read they can be less than reliable and it did jam on a couple occasions so that would be a concern if I wanted to conceal carry it, but damn was it fun to shoot :lol:

Yeah, that's definitely something I'd consider. I haven't shot one, but I got to hold it at my Mom's shop and it felt good.

Big j

Forget that ppk. Personally, I won't keep a gun that jams*. If I can't trust it at the range, how can I can I trust it if I need it? Ain't nobody got time for dat...

I'd be leery of the xds too. They just had a recall on the 45's. Something smaller, I'd go shield, or maybe even try out a kahr. But I'm a fat dude, and i can pretty easily conceal my glock 19.

Jd is just a jerk for posting all his stuff. Twin robar'd m&p's, .22 supressor, colt factory sbr. Yes I'm jelly :tongue: how long was the wait time and price on that engraving if you don't mind me asking?

*assuming one is using standard capacity factory/reputable magazines

Last edited:
Yeah, I love the PPK, but if I daily carried I'd absolutely need something reliable first.. even if I shoot it perfectly.

I FINALLY was able to hit the range today and test out my Xdm 9mm compact for the first time. :smokin

It fired like a champ. I love it man, the trigger is to my liking, reset is short, recoil minimal, etc. I had the opportunity of also shooting a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380. While I like them both for their individual qualities, I'm definitely glad I copped the Springfield for my first. I'm not a fan of the trigger on that Bodyguard...

I ended up purchasing a small vinyl decal for the 'XDm" portion on the grip, Carbon fiber 'XD' and red 'm' vinyl decals. Only ended up using the red 'm' portion, it's real minimal, but i think it looks dope. When I cop a new memory card for my phone I'll snap a couple pics.

I'm in Colorado, so when I ordered it initially online they had to pull the 19 round mag this firearm usually ships with, from the order. Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore replaced that 19 with an extra 13 round mag though, so it made up for it. (biggest we can have in CO is 15 rd mags)

still, the 13+1 seems like it will be more than adequate.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love the PPK, but if I daily carried I'd absolutely need something reliable first.. even if I shoot it perfectly.

Shield or ruger lc9 if it were my money. Pretty significant price dif in the two tho. Also yea that kahr pmbl or whatever their micro line is cool.ruger also makes a lcp i believe thats even tinier. Concealed carry is gettin pretty easy... i saw a girl buy one of the lcs in pink. Proceedin to slip it n her clutch n walk out hah

/\ damn that sux bro.

But yea def shouldnt ever need to fire 19 rds save for the zombie apocolypse hah. Good that u like your trigger tho. Thats one thing i forgot to mention in my other post. The LC line trigger is hot garbage for range shooting only for SD. You litterally hafta squeeze it all the way back and like hold it. My g17 has the NY1 trigger and its harder than that even to pull. They say because it is so tiny to prevent ADs they wanted to make a "catch proof" trigger... mission accomplished hah jus dont try n hit anything at distance with it.

/\ damn that sux bro.

But yea def shouldnt ever need to fire 19 rds save for the zombie apocolypse hah. Good that u like your trigger tho. Thats one thing i forgot to mention in my other post. The LC line trigger is hot garbage for range shooting only for SD. You litterally hafta squeeze it all the way back and like hold it. My g17 has the NY1 trigger and its harder than that even to pull. They say because it is so tiny to prevent ADs they wanted to make a "catch proof" trigger... mission accomplished hah jus dont try n hit anything at distance with it.

yeah man, I love it. It was months of research prior to coppin, but I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

That makes sense on those types of triggers..

Can't wait to fire this thing again! :nerd:

Last edited:
Big j

Forget that ppk. Personally, I won't keep a gun that jams*. If I can't trust it at the range, how can I can I trust it if I need it? Ain't nobody got time for dat...

I'd be leery of the xds too. They just had a recall on the 45's. Something smaller, I'd go shield, or maybe even try out a kahr. But I'm a fat dude, and i can pretty easily conceal my glock 19.

Jd is just a jerk for posting all his stuff. Twin robar'd m&p's, .22 supressor, colt factory sbr. Yes I'm jelly :tongue: how long was the wait time and price on that engraving if you don't mind me asking?

It was $146. Would of only been 90 if they didnt have to prep the drawing I sent them. It took about a month.

Last edited:
Big j

Jd is just a jerk for posting all his stuff. Twin robar'd m&p's, .22 supressor, colt factory sbr. Yes I'm jelly
tongue.gif
how long was the wait time and price on that engraving if you don't mind me asking?

The Shield was subject to recall as well...

Alot of love for the xds Ima try it this week. Any body own a rock island armory 1911 if so how is it? Thinking bout getting that for my first 1911

Back
Top Bottom