NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Not sure if this the right thread to ask this.
Anyone from NY try to apply for the concealed carry license after the S.C ruling and the challenge to Hochul's new rules?
Held interest into getting one but the continuous roadblocks place have made me slow down, just wondering how it's looking out there.
I've heard NY is terrible.
NJ has been handing out CCW left and right.

Brothers I have decided that I am looking for a suppressor for my AR. What’s the best for 5.56?
Come join the quiet addiction my dude! As far as suppressing 5.56 IMO its more about taking the bark out because 5.56/.223 is going to be somewhat “loud” even with a suppressor but nowhere near what it is unsuppressed. With that being said

Surefire RC - Basically the universally agreed gold standard of 5.56 suppressors. Sounds extremely good, A1 quality, Surefire is A1 as far as a company. Cons are price and they use a proprietary mounting system so you kind of marry their mounts once you get one.

YHM T2/T3 Turbo - i have the T2 and it sounds good, extremely good. Gassy as hell but with a bit of tuning you can regulate it to calm it down whether you get a heavier buffer or an adjustable gas block or adjustable bolt carrier group. Priced well and durable as hell too. Slept on because of their price but still punch above their weight class. Cons are the blowback and OEM mounting system is a negative (to some people) but they have adaptive threads that allow you to run a ton of different mount options.

Two others to check out are the Dead Air Sierra 5 and the HUXWRX 5.56 flow through.

Anyone else a fan of Half Face Blades?
7E5EFF9A-A76D-44C7-93BC-5E6AFB883B5E.jpeg

FN Fam... Those of yall with 509s, if you want a quick way to improve the trigger I HIGHLY recommend the ShootingSight striker and return spring. Got rid of like 90% of the grittiness for me. Gonna go test it at the range this week but just dry-firing I am super impressed so far.

Also threw a Gas Pedal on. Now we optimized. :pimp:

20230430_173204.jpg

Anyone own or have shot multiple 10mm ? Looking at Springfield xdm elite
I've never shot any 10mm, so prob can't help much.

But I do have a .45 XDM and I like it a lot. I've only put maybe 100 rounds thru it but it ran flawlessly. Ergos, sights, and trigger are better than a Glock 20 or 21 IMO.

Anyone own or have shot multiple 10mm ? Looking at Springfield xdm elite
What‘s your rational for 10mm? Such an expensive and explosive round for typical EDC. Unless you’re n the back country hunting and trying to keep wild hogs and things up off you, 9mm, .40 & .45 are just as good.

With that said, a Glock chambered in 10mm is the probably the more proven option. I’ve shot it, and wouldn’t want to shoot it on the regular.

What‘s your rational for 10mm? Such an expensive and explosive round for typical EDC. Unless you’re n the back country hunting and trying to keep wild hogs and things up off you, 9mm, .40 & .45 are just as good.

With that said, a Glock chambered in 10mm is the probably the more proven option. I’ve shot it, and wouldn’t want to shoot it on the regular.

Yes for for when I go bear baiting and hunting mostly. I do plan to go camping more now that I have a rooftop tent and didn’t use it last year . I currently only have a compact 9mm and no full size handgun yet so was looking at 10mm .

was shooting my uncles Glock 20 and it seems good and not as bad recoil as I thought , but I’m a Springfield fan so far

IMG_1596.jpeg

Not a new piece, but I picked this up recently. Vaultek Lifepod 2.0, got it to throw our carry pieces in when not in use. We have a little one crawling around now, and we wanted to take no chances with our carry pieces being out and about. Little man is curious af, so we can’t risk an accident. Didn’t want to go to the big safe everytime we left, so we grabbed this. It’s definitely worth it , no complaints.

IMG_1596.jpeg

Not a new piece, but I picked this up recently. Vaultek Lifepod 2.0, got it to throw our carry pieces in when not in use. We have a little one crawling around now, and we wanted to take no chances with our carry pieces being out and about. Little man is curious af, so we can’t risk an accident. Didn’t want to go to the big safe everytime we left, so we grabbed this. It’s definitely worth it , no complaints.
I keep one of these in every car I have. My go-to for air travel as well.

Back
Top Bottom