NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

pix266281421.jpg

pew! pew! pew!

that thing is pretty sweet tho.

Is why I purchased it. Silencer/suppresor is my next major purchase. Suppressors are legal in most states believe it or not. You just have to pay a $200 ATF tax, and either get your Sheriff to sign off on it OR set up an irrevocable trust.
They don't know tho Elder, I made the thread about class III weapons a min. ago but it aint go past 3pgs
laugh.gif
.  But yea, I wonder how hard it'd be to set up the IT or get a Sheriff to sign off on it.  I really need to stop playin and start investin in my carbine or another handgun

Dathbgboy, there is a really famous website that sells suppresors/silencers http://www.major-malfunction.com/. They are the least expensive source for suppressors on the market. As a matter of fact if you buy one from there they will set up a rock solid ATF approved Trust for you...absolutely free. Whenever you are ready check them out...if anything to give you an idea how to go about it. Their reputation is stellar in the Class III community. But if you live in a rural area a lot of the Sheriffs will sign off for you provided you are a good and clean citizen. But in areas close to cities fuggedaboutit
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, you are going to have to go the trust route.
My man
pimp.gif
good lookin out. I'm gon check em out. My wiz just told me we kinda live in a rural area now since we live outside the city so I think I might be straight
laugh.gif

Here is how I am going to carry my pistol concealed. I don't like IWB (Inside Wasitband Holsters) or OWBs. SOmething small and unexpected like the wind blowing, you running, can lift up your shirt and expose it. I'm all about deep concealment. I'll sacrifice a little bit of draw time for ultimate concealment. I'll be getting it in Black. It is meant to be worn as an underneath layer.

That joint's hot but u don't think there'd be an issue w/ quick access to ur firearm? W/ it bein a base layer, that means it's under a shirt, then a coat.

Originally Posted by Pee11Jay

fnp45tactical002.jpg

Wow that flat earth paint job is sexy! How do you like it so far??

I love it, it has become my favorite gun in my small but specialized collection. 16 rounds in .45 Caliber is
pimp.gif
, she dead accurate too. It was made to be an Offensive Handgun Weapon System just like the H&K Mark 23 OHWS. So from the ground up it was created to have a suppresor/silencer, a red dot sight on the top, and a laser/flashlight combo on the bottom rail. It seems heavy, but with the polymer (plastic) frame it is actually a lot lighter than it looks, again like the H&K poly pistols.

My man
pimp.gif
good lookin out. I'm gon check em out. My wiz just told me we kinda live in a rural area now since we live outside the city so I think I might be straight
laugh.gif

No doubt, you're good then, but at least you know you have options with the trust option. Check out the Silencerco Osprey...nice!!! and it's only $699 from Major Malfunction.

http://masterofconcealment.com/pgro...erTech+Undercover+Concealment+Shirt/?return=?
That joint's hot but u don't think there'd be an issue w/ quick access to ur firearm? W/ it bein a base layer, that means it's under a shirt, then a coat.
You are correct it will not be as readily accessible as a OWB or IWB paddle holster, but it provides DEEP concealment and weapon retention security. In non-combat/tactical situations I value concealment over instant access. But with practice, practice, practice I will be able to draw my weapon in decent enough time should I need it.

So let me tell y'all about the last tactical competition I was in. The setup was starting off in the passenger side of a Suburban then getting out and shooting over the front hood using front axle/wheel as cover. We shot at steel torso sized knockdown targets. You had to hit 7 of them with the last one only being available if you hit the one in front of it. We then had to transition to the rear back window ( the windows were removed for this part) and shoot six more steel targets THROUGH the rear window opening. Thing is one of the steel targets had a swiveling "head" target over the right shoulder to simulate a hostage taker. You had to shoot the small head and not the actual target or you was disqualified (cause that means you killed the hostage). It looks like this

Thing is everybody was using their pistols while I used my Mossberg 930 SPX 12 Gauge. I was loaded up with 8 rounds of Buckshot and everybody thought I was crazy because we all knew buckshot would kill both the hostage and terrorist on that one target. What they didn't know is that I had some slugs in my left pocket just for that target. So I blasted the first set of regular steel targets with my buckshot, then during the transition to the rear of the vehicle I  did a quick reload of more buckshot and knocked down the other regular steel targets. I saved the hostage target for last...loaded my slug directly into the chamber and blasted the shot out of the hostage-taker without even scratching the hostage. Dudes was like 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. The course director is a retired Special Forces operator and he complimented my shotgun skills and then went on to tell our group about how versatile a combat shotgun is and that shotgunning is a rarely practiced skill outside of home defense and sporting (bird shooting, etc.) A combat shotgun with ghost ring sights can be VERY accurate with slugs up to 100 yards with a skilled shooter. It doesn't just have to be a scatter gun.

My small collection...everything Combat Grade and I have everything covered from 600 yards on in to CQB. If needed I can carry all these at once with extra mags and ammo on my Tac Vest, and that's how I like it should I need to be on the move with a small arsenal. Double point sling to put my AR-15 on my back. Single Point sling for my shottie in the front. Drop Leg holster for my FNP .45 Tactical, and Sherpa Holster on my Tac Vest for my Beretta 96 .40 Cal.

2i1cz7t.jpg

You are correct it will not be as readily accessible as a OWB or IWB paddle holster, but it provides DEEP concealment and weapon retention security. In non-combat/tactical situations I value concealment over instant access. But with practice, practice, practice I will be able to draw my weapon in decent enough time should I need it.

I can understand that. I guess it would depend on the environment and how accessible u need ur piece to be. I use a neoprene Uncle Mike's IWB holster w/ my XD45. Ppl who know about guns think I'm crazy b/c I have a small frame but a larger gun for a pistol for concealment
laugh.gif
I conceal it very well tho and people don't even know that I have it on me. I'm gon look into that base layer holster tho. Always good to have decent options.

Also, I finally talked my wife into lettin me purchase another pistol (no DDM4 for me yet
ohwell.gif
) so it looks like I'm back to doin research and givin by June/July I'll have me a smaller pistol (preferably a 9mm this time around) for concealment and keep the XD at home for home defense while I'm at work and the misses and little one is home

I can understand that. I guess it would depend on the environment and how accessible u need ur piece to be. I use a neoprene Uncle Mike's IWB holster w/ my XD45. Ppl who know about guns think I'm crazy b/c I have a small frame but a larger gun for a pistol for concealment
laugh.gif
I conceal it very well tho and people don't even know that I have it on me. I'm gon look into that base layer holster tho. Always good to have decent options.

Also, I finally talked my wife into lettin me purchase another pistol (no DDM4 for me yet
ohwell.gif
) so it looks like I'm back to doin research and givin by June/July I'll have me a smaller pistol (preferably a 9mm this time around) for concealment and keep the XD at home for home defense while I'm at work and the misses and little one is home
+1 for a service size pistol concealed. I'm the same way, gun folks tend to be very one-sided about things but I try to make my own choices about what's best for me...you seem to be the same way.

You already know you have A LOT of options for  concealable 9's.

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
+1 for a service size pistol concealed. I'm the same way, gun folks tend to be very one-sided about things but I try to make my own choices about what's best for me...you seem to be the same way.

You already know you have A LOT of options for  concealable 9's.
Yup, sure do. Not to mention, the misses will be able to shoot that better than the 45. I took her to the range on ladies night in Marietta and she popped it twice and was like "Yea, I think I'm done"
laugh.gif

I checked out the site w/ that base layer holster and that joint is reasonably priced at $70. That's def a comeup but the issue is how to determine sizing. Would u go Under Armour sizing or Starter Dri-Fit sizing (runs smaller)? I can save a few duckets and cop that for my bday

^^^

Dathbgboy, I am going with my usual shirt size. I only hope it fits, which it should due to it being a compression fabric. I figure too small and it might bind too much, and slightly bigger will move aorund too much. I'll be the guinea pig on this one, and will report how it works.

laugh.gif
Aight, way to take one for the team sir.

What's ur take on the Ruger SR9 and SR9c? I'm really not tryna go over $450 for a 9mm pistol since I went over $550 for my XD. Seems like pretty decent line w/ good reviews on GunDirectory. I might even look into the Walther P22 though it's not a 9mm. I'm noticin a lot of decent reviews for that as well. Not to mention the price of 22lr ammo is dirt cheap compared to the .45acp

What they didn't know is that I had some slugs in my left pocket just for that target. So I blasted the first set of regular steel targets with my buckshot, then during the transition to the rear of the vehicle I  did a quick reload of more buckshot and knocked down the other regular steel targets. I saved the hostage target for last...loaded my slug directly into the chamber and blasted the shot out of the hostage-taker without even scratching the hostage. Dudes was like 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. The course director is a retired Special Forces operator and he complimented my shotgun skills and then went on to tell our group about how versatile a combat shotgun is and that shotgunning is a rarely practiced skill outside of home defense and sporting (bird shooting, etc.) A combat shotgun with ghost ring sights can be VERY accurate with slugs up to 100 yards with a skilled shooter. It doesn't just have to be a scatter gun.
How the hell did you do that? Is there a video of something similar?

BTW, are you special forces or just (excuse my ignorance of actual titles) just your average soldier?

Ruger SR9's are ok. I would take a G19 over it in a heartbeat but to each his own. As for the P22 I love mine. It's prob one of the most fun guns I have. It's cheap to shoot .22 all day long. And btw do not I repeat DO NOT get a Sig Mosquito.

Ruger SR9's are ok. I would take a G19 over it in a heartbeat but to each his own. As for the P22 I love mine. It's prob one of the most fun guns I have. It's cheap to shoot .22 all day long. And btw do not I repeat DO NOT get a Sig Mosquito.

No doubt. I hate Glocks bein as I'm an XD boy. U aint lyin bout the .22 bein cheap to shoot. My boy bought a rifle w/ a 10 load mag from Dunhams and a box of ammo. Ammo was like $5, I was tight since a box of .45acp runs about $20+
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

What they didn't know is that I had some slugs in my left pocket just for that target. So I blasted the first set of regular steel targets with my buckshot, then during the transition to the rear of the vehicle I  did a quick reload of more buckshot and knocked down the other regular steel targets. I saved the hostage target for last...loaded my slug directly into the chamber and blasted the shot out of the hostage-taker without even scratching the hostage. Dudes was like 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
How the hell did you do that? Is there a video of something similar?

BTW, are you special forces or just (excuse my ignorance of actual titles) just your average soldier?
I'm neither Special Forces nor an average soldier, I work in a specific element of the Department of Defense, and at some point in my career I may go into "military" operations, which is why I am receiving training from Special Operation individuals. The U.S. has other combat elements other than the Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard, they are just lesser known and that's a good thing.

Pee11Jay, thanks for providing that info for Dathbgboy, my knowledge is limited as far as Rugers. But I do know about the P22, they are awesome and are quiet as heck with a suppressor. Running sub-sonic .22 LR cartridges with a good suppressor is about as quiet as you can get with a pistol/suppressor combo.

I have a related-to-topic question, maybe Elderwatson can answer this. I was watching the military channel and for some reason Bear Grylls was on...but he wasn't doing his usual show. It mentioned something about spec ops for the french...supposedly something called the French Legion. My question is, who/ why would want to join a French special ops, when nobody is allowed to be a French National except for the COs? Weird too because it seems like everybody in their program looked like older/veterans.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I have a related-to-topic question, maybe Elderwatson can answer this. I was watching the military channel and for some reason Bear Grylls was on...but he wasn't doing his usual show. It mentioned something about spec ops for the french...supposedly something called the French Legion. My question is, who/ why would want to join a French special ops, when nobody is allowed to be a French National except for the COs? Weird too because it seems like everybody in their program looked like older/veterans.
French Foreign Legion back in the days was open to whoever wanted to come in and if they could pass the rigorous training/selection program they had. You had to renounce your allegiance to the country you came from and learn to speak French, a lot of criminals and guys who wanted to start a brand new life would come to the Legion. The rules are more strict now, but people from other countries are still eligible. FFL is a highly trained Infantry force, some say almost at the Special Operations level, one thing for sure their training is not for the weak..it will weed those who are not motivated out, just like the other SOF units of the world.

Ooh I see....Yeah they definitely did not seem like any sort of regular infantry. Especially not with the small numbers in their training. And according to Wiki there are only about 7700 FFLs. 

Ok back on topic.

Haven't shot in a while, but the first and last time I went, I was shooting at the range taking out targets at about 5-7  yards...with a 2 ft. spread 
laugh.gif
 with 9mm. All I shot was the S&W .357, with .38s and a glock 26, which felt a bit too small, even in my hands, and I can't even palm a basketball. Also shot a glock 17, but that felt too big. I think the day I'm able to purchase, my realistic buy will probably be a G19, since it's in between the 17 and 26. Oh yeah, gotta have it in OD of course....like some of you guys who are obsessed with wood (pause), I'm a total sucker for that olive drab...

Glock_19OD_04.jpg

Ain't that a beaut? By the way, does anybody know if the Compensator series for glocks is worth looking into? Based on what I googled, it's about what....$40 more than the regular?

Originally Posted by miamib30514

I live in Florida, i just turned 21, am i good to just go cop a gun?
Yup, just can't carry it w/o a license.

****DISCLAIMER****

In just about every state (w/ the exception for NY) you DO NOT have to be licensed in order to purchase a firearm. You are allowed to purchased when you are 21 granted you pass the background check that they run before you sign the papers and pay.  The only hindrance is that you ARE NOT allowed to carry it concealed (or carry period for those that live in open carry states, PA ftw
pimp.gif
)  You are allowed to transport it in your vehicle as long as it is not loaded and the firearm is contained in the carrying case or another compartment where it is not readily accessible to you.

Visit www.nraila.org/gunlaws/ and click on your state for a more detailed view of your rights

I recently sold my springfield 40 cal XD because it was a little to much for me to carry.As a woman I need something a little smaller that will fit in my hand better. Currently I have a Beasa Thunder 380 to carry,but that will be replaced as soon as I find a better fit.I'm thinking of buying a Tomkat since I've been eyeing them for years.

Back
Top Bottom