NT's own won the PokerStars Main Event today ($2.3 MILLION)

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Don't spend it all on strippers and coke
Congrats on the win though that's a nice chunk of cash 
pimp.gif

Congrats man. I remember those old Poker threads well. Were you the one whose father backed a few pros/semi pros in the WSOPME? Or was that someone else..

Congrats man. I remember those old Poker threads well. Were you the one whose father backed a few pros/semi pros in the WSOPME? Or was that someone else..

thats cool as hell
i know a dude named tron, he had a hot hand in a dice game, became the richest dude in the world

j/k...congrats tho

thats cool as hell
i know a dude named tron, he had a hot hand in a dice game, became the richest dude in the world

j/k...congrats tho

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Congrats and enjoy your new lifestyle. 
pimp.gif

lol tbh literally nothing has changed so far. I made like 210k last year playing 2.5 days a week, so I already bought any material items I really felt like I wanted. I haven't actually bought anything yet since the win, although I'm gonna have a party and stuff.

Also, played online last night for the first time in like 3 weeks because of UBOC - made 3 final tables and got 3rd in the UB $1k for 25k, nice to see my heater hasn't gone anywhere
wink.gif

pimp.gif

lol tbh literally nothing has changed so far. I made like 210k last year playing 2.5 days a week, so I already bought any material items I really felt like I wanted. I haven't actually bought anything yet since the win, although I'm gonna have a party and stuff.

Also, played online last night for the first time in like 3 weeks because of UBOC - made 3 final tables and got 3rd in the UB $1k for 25k, nice to see my heater hasn't gone anywhere
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

So you don't think playing in person is a good way to get better? Damn, I've been messin up then...really got into poker about 4 months ago (trying to transition from sports) but I've only been playing at Foxwoods...looks like I need to go to Mohegan sometime as it looks like you could've started this tourney there (that being said have you ever played at either place?)

I'm going to try to get some $ online today or tomorrow, what do you think about playing tournaments live in person though? I've only really played 1/2 and 2/5 NLHE at Foxwoods, but have been interested in trying some tourneys there...Been doing nothing but reading stuff on 2+2 to try and learn more, I'm confident with my skill its just time to make the full transition/get the financial backing/back myself

Any tips would be appreciated
smokin.gif

Playing online is a much better investment of your time if you are trying to learn. Online is "pure poker" or "true poker" where it's strictly about the strategy, tactics and math of the game. Once you can hack it online, live is a relatively easy adjustment. I played a million hands online last year, and I didn't even grind that hard. If you wanted to play that many hands of live poker, and you played 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, it would take you about a quarter century.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

So you don't think playing in person is a good way to get better? Damn, I've been messin up then...really got into poker about 4 months ago (trying to transition from sports) but I've only been playing at Foxwoods...looks like I need to go to Mohegan sometime as it looks like you could've started this tourney there (that being said have you ever played at either place?)

I'm going to try to get some $ online today or tomorrow, what do you think about playing tournaments live in person though? I've only really played 1/2 and 2/5 NLHE at Foxwoods, but have been interested in trying some tourneys there...Been doing nothing but reading stuff on 2+2 to try and learn more, I'm confident with my skill its just time to make the full transition/get the financial backing/back myself

Any tips would be appreciated
smokin.gif

Playing online is a much better investment of your time if you are trying to learn. Online is "pure poker" or "true poker" where it's strictly about the strategy, tactics and math of the game. Once you can hack it online, live is a relatively easy adjustment. I played a million hands online last year, and I didn't even grind that hard. If you wanted to play that many hands of live poker, and you played 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, it would take you about a quarter century.

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

pimp.gif

wink.gif

wow man. Keep it up. Respect.

pimp.gif

wink.gif

wow man. Keep it up. Respect.

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

Wow wee. I play on poker stars and occasionally grind it out on $16 sit n gos.
laugh.gif
Any advice on how to expand my game or any strategies? I really want to cash on a tourney but its hard to last that long having dead hands and not catching cards. Congratulations btw!

I _DID_ start a poker advice thread awhile back, but it didn't go so well
I won $700 a week ago from a $5.10 hyper turbo tourney, that got me juiced but I played several other tourneys after that and haven't came close to the success I had before. I'm starting to feel like the whole thing was a fluke... what should I do to last longer in tourneys?

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

Wow wee. I play on poker stars and occasionally grind it out on $16 sit n gos.
laugh.gif
Any advice on how to expand my game or any strategies? I really want to cash on a tourney but its hard to last that long having dead hands and not catching cards. Congratulations btw!

I _DID_ start a poker advice thread awhile back, but it didn't go so well
I won $700 a week ago from a $5.10 hyper turbo tourney, that got me juiced but I played several other tourneys after that and haven't came close to the success I had before. I'm starting to feel like the whole thing was a fluke... what should I do to last longer in tourneys?

Winning one tournament, especially a hyper turbo tournament, means nothing, so it probably was a fluke. Dedicate some time to watching videos, learn the strategy and tactics behind the game, and work on improving
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom