NTWT 2024 | Happy New Year NTWT

Do You Prefer Yearly or Monthly Threads?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I keep seeing people say that it should be Jey or Solo to take the belt of Roman..That's the dumbest **** I've ever seen..Why would they pick either guy when neither has much charisma, ain't good on the mic, and are mid in the ring?..I think making either one go over RR would actually cause them to lose viewers..

True, but all the investments they made in Cody booking wise just seems kind of flat to end it in that way. He hasn't lost since returning, won the royal rumble, and had the major pec injury with the comeback story as well tied in.

When you have the sale with Endeavor looming over this it just feels like a major audible to what they were building to imo. I could be wrong though and this is all building to something else but we shall see.

I'm interested in seeing how the crowd will react to Cody now.

Cody isn't retiring

Not putting the belt on him now doesn't mean it's the end for him.

0E059873-0574-4455-9180-5FF6D56A2BB2.jpeg

image0.jpg

The internet.

It really is undefeated.

So every world champ can’t start out being a lower/midcard guy? They have to be a main eventer from day 1? Cody IMO has built himself up enough and reinvented himself to be in a believable position of main eventer. Did he look out of place against Gunther? Against Roman? Not at all

Nah, every World Champ doesn't HAVE to work their way up from the midcard. Most will/do, but the Creams of the Crops tend to have the luxury of always being in the Upper Card positions. Cody just got there. Cody just returned from an injury. He didn't need to win last night. Sure, he had a lot of momentum heading into that matchup but that doesn't mean he needed to win here/there.

Almost reminds me of when Okada beat Naito @ Wrestle Kingdom 12 ( JCMojica24 JCMojica24 :lol: ) and the internet went crazy saying NJPW was stupid for not pulling the trigger. But the difference there was Naito had been built up for quite some time in comparison to the amount of time that has been spent on Cody's build-up.

I get the frustration with Roman hogging the belt and being THE ONE in that spotlight but I don't feel it is the end of Cody's journey either.

Case Case I agree that I can't see Tag-Team Twin or Solo being the one either. But I would buy Solo before Uso Brother.

It's kind of what Triple H alluded to at the press conference last night. this is just the end of one chapter but not the end of Cody's story. I don't know if Cody will ever be that hot with the fan support he had last night.

For All The Cody Folks..

If He Wins The Title Last Night What Would Be Next Story Wise For Him That Would Be Good And Sustainable?

I ran back the Asuka/Bianca match and literally every single thing my guy Case Case said about it was wrong, like, literally everything :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Bro it was so sloppy..Both women were just off last night..I won't say it was as bad as the women's tag match, but it wasn't much better..I was honestly disappointed in the quality of the match..

I ran back the Asuka/Bianca match and literally every single thing my guy Case Case said about it was wrong, like, literally everything :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I just fired it up and Bianca literally botches and adjusts her top within the first minute of the bell ringing..Wasn't wrong about anything.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I keep seeing people say that it should be Jey or Solo to take the belt of Roman..That's the dumbest **** I've ever seen..Why would they pick either guy when neither has much charisma, ain't good on the mic, and are mid in the ring?..I think making either one go over RR would actually cause them to lose viewers..

Jey should win MITB so they can stretch the story out for another year

Jey should win MITB so they can stretch the story out for another year
I'm not mad at that..But to have either USO or Solo beat Roman is just mine bottling to me..Not one of them dudes can carry a mid-card title at this point, let alone the whole company..

If they ever decide to make Seth serious again, I could see him taking the strap off THOTT.
Been saying this for like a year now. He’s the only one that Roman hasn’t pinned or submitted.

They have the history. Making him a bit more serious doesn’t seem difficult.

Still think he’s gonna be the one.

Back
Top Bottom