Nubuck XII package survey - if interested, respond ASAP.

I didn't buy the Nubucks because of the package. I loved the shoes themselves, but I definitely was NOT feeling the hat and the hoody. When it comes to releasing a limited sneaker, I firmly believe that Nike should just stick to the sneaker, and cut out the other stuff. Everyone on this board has a shared affinity for the J's but I'm sure everyone has different preferences when it comes to clothing.

Also, my feeling was that JB/Nike was just trying to milk another dollar out of my wallet. I feel that I already pay enough for Jordans (whose profit margins are probably astronomical as it) that I should not be forced to buy any extras that are anymore taxing on my limited budget. I know it's a business and the main goal is to make money, but I think a little consideration for the customer would go a long way to maintain JB's prosperity in the long-run.

Pardon me if this has been mentioned before but I didn't read all 5 pages of comments.

Marhall stated it above but I don't want it to get lost in his slew of good suggestions.

***HAVE US VOTE ON A COLORWAY***

My suggestion is purely to make another package release lots of fun. If we were to see 5 mock ups or samples of Retro + colors for another Jordan and then get to vote for a limited time to determine which one we could buy, it would give us all a stake in the final product and serve to increase demand even further.

Overall, though, I think you guys did a superb job on the package and I'm very satisified. I would have preferred to buy it without the hoody and hat but I understand that there are many people out there not part of my target demographic that are going to get lots of use out of those items. I was pleasantly surprised with the hoody but I would never wear the hat.

KM

i liked the package. but i was mad because the hat was a half size bigger than normal hats. and the fleece was kinda small. i had to get the largest size which was xl and i just let my girl wear it.

wouldnt it be tight if jordan sent us a retro 4 package wiht white and military blue Iv. man that would be so hot. and u could get it with a poster and some socks to match with it . and aheadband. or a shirt or something
how about retro iv military blue boxers
BORN AND RAISED IN.

i liked teh idea of the package this time not some crappy hat. i like my hoodie. how about n we get shoes in a limited colourway and before the other colourways :D
happy.gif
give the option of not buying the package.
i dont want to kno ur name i just want bang bang bang

My most important points are:

1) I wish I could have been able to just purchase the shoes and not been forced to buy the hat and hoody inorder to get the shoes.
2) When you say limited, mean it. I was scrambling on my computer for 3 days trying to buy the package because it was supposed to be " limited " and here you could still buy the package up to a couple of days ago with full size runs, that really irritates me.
3)An exclusive offer to JB members is a great idea and you should continue to do this. As a die hard AJ buyer since my first pair in '87(white/gray/red II's mid), I think the exclusive package should be original colorways that haven't been retroed like the AJ II white/red/gray, AJ III white/red/gray, AJ IV black/red/white & military blues, AJ V black tongue/red, white/red VI's etc. You still can eventually release those colorways to the general public, but make those releases a little bit different than ones we got exclusively like putting the original Nike Air logos on our exclusives, then using the Jumpman logo when you eventually release that colorway to the general public, or something like that that would make JB members feel they had something special on there hands.

Thanks

Quote:
when u say limited edition....mean it

Other than that i was satisfied with it
I think y'all know by now that I ain't nothin to be messed with
I think y'all know by now that I don't care 'bout who you mess with
I think girls know by now that I'm that cat they should bump with
I think y'all know by now it's D-O-M-I-N-I-N-O

The Nubuck XII was an awesom shoe.....great colorway and even better choice for materials! However, I did not purchase the package deal. Why? Simple. The hat and the hoody killed it for me. I love anything Jordan, but I coudn't get myself to spend extra $ on stuff that I know i'd never wear. If the shoes would've been sold as is, by themselves, I would have purchased them for sure. Also, the quality of the accessories was awful, as I saw with my friends sweatshirt and hat.

Bottom line: Cool idea with the online exclusive concept. Terrible release of the shoe with the server mess up and extended release date. Awesome shoes, but a horrible idea to make the consumer pay extra for accessories he/she doesn't even like or want.

WE WANT RETRO IV's in the FIRE RED and MILITARY BLUE COLORWAYS!!!!!! WE WANT RETRO IV's in the FIRE RED and MILITARY BLUE COLORWAYS!!!!!! Why do you gotta tease us with the idea of them then throw us some trash retro IV+'s in uninspired colorways like white/green and the played out "cool grey"?!!!!

RETRO the FIRE RED and MILITARY's PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah...maybe you should reconsider the whole lace cover/shroud thing. I think the majority of JB fans would like to see this idea scrapped. They make your feet extra hot and don't look that good either.

If someone reads this....thanks for your time.
"If it ain't Hennessey and O.J., homie miss me----
Keep my hairline down to the Nike sign crispy!"

--Ras

the whole package with a hoody and a hat isn't everyone's style. I would have ordered it but I just wanted the shoes, not everyone that wears jordans dresses like they are on BET, maybe just a sweater but the whole matching sweater,hat, and shoes is too much. Stop trying to package it as "hip-hop" and just make the damn shoe.
REAL FRIENDS STAB YOU IN THE FRONT

JASON LEE ROCKS!!!

Shoes were hot.

The sweatshirt was aight and the hat was a waste of material. THat hat is the first and only penwheel that i own. I own not by choice, but because in order for me to have shoes that most dont, i have to buy a hat that is outta style and pretty much useles.

In the future, if you are going to offer packages, sell the shoes with a T-SHirt. Im sure most of the people here rock Jordan Ts, so that wouldnt be a hard sale. Also, if you offer the T, give people and option on colors....a light or dark version of the colors would work.
IF YOUR CUSTON DESIGNS ARENT BECOMING TO YOU, THEN YOU SHOULD BE COMING TO US!!www.theurbanshops.com

The fact that it was exclusive made it nice, the shoe was even better. But I wanted to see a choice in shoe without gear, a better design in the gear, shipment to other countrys (jordan fans are all over the world), and some a better payment method (not only are we all over the world but they are also young). Some parents don't like the idea of credit card transaction over the internet. If you guys do decide to do this again be way more prepared with us loggin on to your site and shipping.

OH Yea
1)The shroud, gaitor, lace cover thing needs to stop.
2)Put some effort in the quality of your products.
3)Slow down with the number of jordan releases. Try 2 color ways of mids(1 og 1 +) and 2 lows.

<<<<<<<<<<AI and MJ in 1

What advice would you have for Jordan brand in regards to developing a similar offer in the future?

Just release the shoes, thats all we want. The hoody and the hat was not a good idea. I would LOVE to see some player exclusives or just some player exclusive colors.

What did they do right with this package? What can they improve upon for next time?

It was a very nice, clean shoe. The fact that is was not widley known to the public was very nice and the fact that the color combo was not released in stores was also very good. Just sell the shoes. We want to see stuff that has never been seen before.

Assuming that all of this year's launch problems are ironed out, would you be interested in similar offers in the future?

YES!

For those who purchased the Retro XII package: was it worth it? When you received the package, did it meet your expectations?

It was worth it. I mean it was 200.00 (bad) but the color scheme was really nice (good). If you had the shoes for sale just by themselves then many other people would have also bought them. I know, I almost passed because of the price tag but could just not resist. The first release really did not meet my expectations. It was a nice shoe but once again, as long time loyal JB customers, we want what other people cannot get.
[email protected]
AIM- Makaveli002003
JA45

I feel the Nubuck package was a great product executed poorly. The shoes were outstanding and the concept of offering a package to team Jordan members first was right on track. Not being prepared for technical difficulties and not being upfront about production was not. If something is going to limited let us know how limited. The Olympic Shox and FPKG releases in 2000 were fun because we knew upfront how many were available and there was a ticker showing sales. Even if there were 25,000 pair produced be upfront and let us know limited they really are. Next time instead of a hat offer a t-shirt that matches the hoody and shoes.

Forgive me if I am reiterating what might have already be stated in this post, but there is no way I am going to read it because it might sway my initial judgment and there is just too much non-sence to sort through. So here are my thoughts, and I'll keep it short.

THE PROS

*Restricting the shoes to online only.

*Keeping it USA only, it is not often now and days that you show love to USA consumers only.

*The shoe itself was great I love it.

THE CONS

*Not being able to correct the situation once the shoes were launched online, whatever the problem was, you guys at Nike should have been ready.

*Not being able to buy the shoes by themselves. I don't want to be forced to buy some horrible looking hoody and hat just to get the shoes. Not everyone is into that kind of clothing. If you wanted it to be more general it should have been just a t-shirt included with the package.

shoes are awesome...but allow us to have the option of getting the hoody or hat if we wanted...the package is great but taste is different for everybody...i know you guys probably cater to the younger generation when it comes to gear but there are some old skool folks that are still around.....hell, I would of been happy with just a shirt...or even a sticker :smile:
smile.gif
...lets say in the form of the Jumpman Logo :D
happy.gif

Got my notice in the mail late, :frown:
frown.gif
Got the email late as well :x
sick.gif
........almost missed out >:
mad.gif
but I bought the package anyway thanks to NT! :D
happy.gif

Feeling the kicks! :smokin
smokin.gif

Hoody was avg! :\
ohwell.gif

NOT feeling the Pinwheel! :rolleyes
eyes.gif

looking fwd to the next Team Jordan exclusive package
:nerd:
nerd.gif

Basically what everyone said...but as far as "limited", don't make them ridiculously limited where only selfish shoe heads can cop and resell.

A t-shirt would be an excellent accessory. A choice of two colors...or both. I LOVE the idea of making packages of classic kicks with original logos. If you wanna make the gen release with jumpman, fine, even though I don't like it.

I think people are misunderstanding the idea of "limited" and "exclusive". Because EVERYBODY on Niketalk bought them, it gave the idea that the shoe wasn't exactly limited. However, y'all tend to forget that we as niketalkers get to the exclusiveness and limited products before most of the average consumers. You will rarely see some random non-niketalker walking around with these shoes. People on here knew exactly what it was that they were buying and would not pass up the chance in the future. Even for the people who didn't recieve the postcard or emails, were still able to cop a pair or two because of Niketalk. THATS EXCLUSIVE.

In my opinion, I think the launch of the package was a success. My only concern was that the anticipation for the release wasn't properly dealt with beforehand. I know for the first few days people were literally stressed because they didn't know when the shoes would be up. One other thing I would change is when ordering more than one package I would allow for more than one size of a particular item. I ordered two packages on the same transaction but I wasn't able to pick my sizes, so everything had to be the same. It was a good thing that my cousin also ordered a package, so we were able to trade for sweaters and hats.
The collection showcased:www.retroshoes.com/gallery/ijapino

"He who dies with the most shoes, still dies"

^great post. I have not seen ANYONE with these kicks. That's what I call exclusive. But NT'ers will continue to cry. They want exclusive and limited. Nike was right on with the numbers produced. Everyone got theirs or had a great chance to, so I don't understand the whining...and most were posting all of their neckbreaking stories. You would think that would be enough. I guess they would feel better if they missed out.

I'm a diehard Jordan fanatic, but I passed on the XII package for several reasons. First off, the shoes should've been available by themselves. I understand Nike is trying to profit, but come on, $200 plus s&h is still a lot of cash. Secondly, and i think this point gets lost, the shoe was very plain. All black with a hint of carolina blue wasn't distinctive enough for me to buy. I already have 4 pairs of predominantly all black Jordans. However, I do love that these shoes were sold on the downlow and regardless of what people say, these XII's are exclusive. I live in Chicago and have yet to see them in person. The Niketalk community is very close knit and I agree that Jordan Brand should try and cater to us....even if its just a little bit.....out
"And no you ain't got game, your name's not RAY/ Only thing you have in common is you both wear J's"-arStyle

I bought the package and was very satisfied with my purchase. The shoe is gorgeous; one of the absolute best retro plus colorways Jordan Brand has ever released. I also adore the idea of shoes coming prepackaged with Jordan Brand apparel (I'm as big of a fan of the clothes as I am the shoes). As far as I'm concerned, I got a good deal with the $200 price point, because I'd have bought matching Jordan apparel anyway to go with the shoes if they were released seperately and would have ended up spending more. Having said that, I'm not crazy about pinwheel caps. Granted, the pinwheel that came in this package might be the best pinwheel cap I've seen, I'm still not a big fan of that type of hat. I really liked the hoody, but I have some minor problems with the fit. It fits to small, mainly across the the chest and MAJORLY through the arms. It isn't cut like most Jordan Brand hoodies, and that's a problem to me. If this problem were much worse, I wouldn't be able to wear the hoody.

Those two minor complaints aside, I thought the pakcage itself was great. The execution of the launch, of course, is a whole different thing. Any future launches of this type HAVE to be handled better and you need to have servers, etc. ready for and capable of handling the onslaught..... but you know this, so 'nough said on that front.

I think that there should WITHOUT QUESTION be another Jordan limited edition package released. I think that a few of these a year (and no more than that, we don't want to overdo it) would be a great breath of fresh air and in deed a jolt of energy into the Jordan collecting game as well as a reward for Jordan Brand's most loyal fans. Honestly, I can't think of a better way for Jordan Brand to say thanks to its most loyal customers than by offering something truly special like these types of packages.

So, in summation, I ordered the first package and was happy with my purchase. I would almost definitely buy another package if it were to be offered, and I think that any future packages should again include Jordan apparel and should again be limited to Jordan Team Members, as it is the best possible way to thank the company's most loyal fans. As far as improving on this package for any similar future offers, I can only say that the launch HAS to be better and that some attention might want to be given to offering something a little different in terms o the matching apparel this next time. The pinwheel might be a little off-center to appeal to everyone considering it was the only option in the package. I think a cap in general is a safe bet, as is a hoody/fleece. The pinhweel design just got me. I think a tee shirt would be nice next time. I have confidence you guys will come up with something good... and I can't wait.

All-in-all, though, good job on the first package.

Well, overall I was pretty satisfied with my purchase. When it comes to the fact that the shoe said to be EXCLUSIVE, exclusive it was. IMO, I know not everyone has these shoes even though a large amount may have been produced. Honestly, I still haven't seen anyone wearing the Nubuck XII's in public. The only time I've seen em is whenever I have them on or my cousin is rockin em. To this day I'm sure there are peeps who don't even know this shoe was released and that I can thank NT for since I was able to cop a pair. So I think they will fall under the category of being EXCLUSIVE!!!
As for the package goes, I could have done without the pinwheel. The hat didn't fit true to size. As for the sweatshirt, I don't find it all that bad. The only problem is in SOME cases the handful of people are going to have the same fit. How original is that? I always have thought of a dressing style to be representation of who we are as individuals and we shouldn't have to go out and see people dressed the same.
As for the future, I think Nike/Jordan Brand should offer upgradeable packages that the consumer can choose from. For example the lowest costing package should offer the shoes and a shirt or a hat of choice from various styles and colors. Or maybe even a poster. For those who would only want the shoes, the shirt would be considered a bonus, I mean who would complain about getting a shirt or hat to go with the shoes. The next package should be a step up and include verything in the first package but offer a hoodie of choice, again, with a choice of style and colors. The top package should be the most expensive and offer everything in the other two packages but then include a limited edition DVD or something that would be irresistable to the consumers eyes. For that matter, peeps will be tempted to buy the higher pakage.
"I DIDN"T CREATE THUG LIFE, I JUST DIAGNOSED IT." - 2PAC SHAKUR

Peep out the collection hea -> :www.retroshoes.com/gallery/albuo15

I am completely satisfied with the shoe and the hoody. I am not too fond of the hat though, haven't even worn it once. I would have bought the two separetly.

If the package really is 'exclusive' than I have no problem buying it. But if its basically available to all I am not fond of it at all.

______

What is done
by what is called myself is, I feel,
done by something greater
than myself in me.
- James Clerk Maxwell

Back
Top Bottom