Nuclear-Strength Weed sending kids to the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teenagers' use of 'nuclear-strength weed' in the United States is causing concern

The first two US states to legalise recreational marijuana are starting to grapple with teenagers' growing use of highly potent pot, even as both boost the industry and reap huge tax windfalls from its sales.

Though the legal purchase age is 21 in Colorado and Washington, parents, educators and physicians say youths are easily getting hold of edibles infused with tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the psychoactive component that causes a high, and concentrates such as "shatter," a brittle, honey-colored substance that is heated and then inhaled through a special device.

Each poses serious risks to adolescents' physical and mental health.

"Underage kids have unbelievable access to nuclear-strength weed," said Andrew Brandt, a Boulder, Colorado, software executive whose son got hooked while in high school.

With some marijuana products averaging 68 per cent THC - exponentially greater than the pot baby boomers once smoked - calls to poison control centres and visits to emergency rooms have risen. In the Denver area, visits to Children's Hospital Colorado facilities for treatment of cyclic vomiting, paranoia, psychosis and other acute cannabis-related symptoms jumped to 777 in 2015, from 161 in 2005.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/ameri...-weed-in-the-united-states-is-causing-concern

I dunno bout nuclear strength trees but this dude at work in his mid 40s told me earlier this morning how he smoked weed for the first time last night. Said he was driving 10km/h on his way home and had to pull over on a side street and sleep for two hours

:rofl:

tenor.gif

Look, nowadays everybody think they're big chiefers
Just cause they heard that new tape from Wiz Khalifa

Knowing damn well they can't hit the sour
They're new booties, they probably need baby powder

:rofl:
I had to hold in my laughter in the office just picturing it.:lol:

I gotta home boy, if he hit the blunt 3 times, he’s good. If it hits it a 4th, time. “Aye Tr1ll...I think I’m freaking out. We might have to go to the ER.” Dude swear he was Big Chief back in the day. Found out from his ex wife, him freaking out is nothing new. :lol: Dude used to trip on Reggie. :lol:

My boy dabs on the regular. He let me try some of his top shelf shatter and it put me on my ***. I was stuck on idk what for like 2 hours :lol:

I don't react the same way with top shelf flower though *shrugs*

when my homies from out of state come down and visit cali ill smoke em out and they all end up passing out :lol:
they dont know that cali top shelf :pimp:

I agree this stuff nowadays is WAY more potent. These guys are cross-breeding, and making all types of crazy strains.

Unfortunately, I ran out of stuff I got from Denver a while back, but it was good stuff.

The type of stuff you can't make plans, you're basically glued to the couch, so you gotta prepare your food strategy beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom