Nuggets @ Mavs, game three. Dirk will get hot, no one else will.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I actually had a feeling the Mavs were going to choke this game away one way or another
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dirk could have hit that last shot before they had possession again, but we definitely did not choke this away. It was back and forth the entirenight, but we had the momentum. We got shafted. Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Let's get real; there isn't going to be any kind of "do over."
No, there probably won't be, but if you miss such a huge call like that, and ADMIT your mistake, you just let it slide?

I'll agree that the NBA admitting they blew the call immediately after the game changes the dynamics of it.

Before it was just a missed call. It's understood that the refs aren't 100% all the time so it's whatever. The call just falls into thatpercentage of calls that are missed every game.

But when you admit you blew it, then what are you saying? "We missed it, we'll try to do better next time." Now they set themselves up to make astatement every time they blow a call.

^ thats the story of there franchise first the L took there chip that they built from scratch in the early 2000s and now this. I sometimes wonder
if people have it out for cuban this is BS. That 06 mavs team was one of the better post ERA jordan teams i dont see how we didnt win it that year and thatwill haunt this franchise for ever. I feel bad for dirk he gave his heart since he came here and he will end up like barkley.

Originally Posted by GhengesK

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Let's get real; there isn't going to be any kind of "do over."
No, there probably won't be, but if you miss such a huge call like that, and ADMIT your mistake, you just let it slide?

I'll agree that the NBA admitting they blew the call immediately after the game changes the dynamics of it.

Before it was just a missed call. It's understood that the refs aren't 100% all the time so it's whatever. The call just falls into that percentage of calls that are missed every game.

But when you admit you blew it, then what are you saying? "We missed it, we'll try to do better next time." Now they set themselves up to make a statement every time they blow a call.
Yep.
This ain't the NFL. I don't know why they even bother admitting %+$# like this. It just creates an even bigger firestorm.

They've been doing this ever since the Brent Barry incident against the cheating Lakers.

What's the point?

San Antonio fans just got more pissed because they were proved correct. And Laker fans just pointed and laughed all the way to the Finals.

Same situation here. Dallas fans are even more ticked off and Denver fans are just laughing and throwing up
pimp.gif
's

Only thing the L should make announcements on are suspensions and things like the Artest flagrant where they reduced the penalty.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

^ thats the story of there franchise first the L took there chip that they built from scratch in the early 2000s and now this. I sometimes wonder
if people have it out for cuban this is BS. That 06 mavs team was one of the better post ERA jordan teams i dont see how we didnt win it that year and that will haunt this franchise for ever. I feel bad for dirk he gave his heart since he came here and he will end up like barkley.
I can get over the screwjob against the Heat, it's whatever, we had time to make things up, we didn't, oh well. There were a few phantomcalls, but other than that, the refs just called it tight and Wade got the calls, more power to him. You won't see any refs saying "oh well weofficiated the game bad," back then.

Dirk has to be the most dogged-on superstar of this era. They talk about how he has no heart, he's soft, he's only a jumpshooter, but today againstthree of the best defenders in the League, he lit them up. This franchise just isn't right for him. Cuban just can't get the right pieces around him.This off-season, you gotta let Dampier go. Our biggest weakness is our lack of an interior presence, he's the most pushed-around Center in the League sinceShawn Bradley. Dirk most likely won't win a ring here in Dallas, so it may be time to move on, rebuild, and let him go find his chances somewhere else. Wehave a good thing going right now, but our guys are old, I don't know how much longer Kidd will be moving on, but we can't do things the way we'redoing them right now and keep players like Dirk, Josh Howard, and Kidd happy. Dampier is such a huge liability to us, and I don't see how we can improve inthe interior fast enough to keep this franchise around. That may be the biggest mistake we made in this Mavericks era. I'd rather have Diop than Dampierright now, Dampier showed some flashes in the regular season, but he's old, he's rusty, he just ain't what we wanted from him. Even a great PG likeKidd cannot fix Dampier's butterfingers.

But, you just keep chugging on.

why did Wright act like he didn't foul him right after he fouled him? he raised his hands as if to say he didn't touch him

he should have made a much more obvious foul

some of these fanboys are downright ridiculous and cynical.

how you anyone justify that non call, that foul was as obvious as it gets . its funny how these fanboys become a product of david stern market machine.

they take pleasure in seeing other teams/players get screwed and they savor every moment of it.

I am also willing to bet the majority of lakers fans are enjoying seeing ron ron getting disrespected by these nazis you call refs.

and when their team gets a screw job, they cry about it. Its just like gambling, you win a little you get happy and then you put everything on the line andlose it all. It comes down to that 1 play that just %%!*% up everything you worked so hard for.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Let's move on to Game 4, shall we?
This series is over,
laugh.gif

Ain't noting to debate about anymore, Nuggets are moving on, Mavericks are finished for the year.

Anybody see George Karl's post-game comments?

"Non-call? What's a non-call? I didn't see a foul, so I don't know."

Just look at the Mavs/Nuggets recap on YT.

It has the play at question at the end of the game.

Unless your asking for something else, but this game was basically a FT fest until the past 3 minutes.

come on guys. let us be more appreciative of the NBA admitting their mistakes. if they admit their mistakes more often, there will be less mistakes in thefuture.

*they really need to enforce consistent foul calling throughout the game.

next time, in the situation, the player should be hacked hard.... make the foul so obvious the refs have to call it..... he only bumped him a couple oftimes..... and we know in the final minute in games these playoffs, a flagrant is a regular foul, and a bump is a no-call.....

For you guys that's saying why did he put his hands up, he did it so the referees could know that it was before the shot. Watch the damn replay.
indifferent.gif

I wish there could be a re-do of those last few seconds, but it's the NBA, idiotic referees.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Anybody see George Karl's post-game comments?

"Non-call? What's a non-call? I didn't see a foul, so I don't know."

sounds to me like dude's saying "if it wasnt called, it never happened," just like the other contact and ticky-tack touches which dont get calledduring the course of the a game

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

For you guys that's saying why did he put his hands up, he did it so the referees could know that it was before the shot. Watch the damn replay.
indifferent.gif

I wish there could be a re-do of those last few seconds, but it's the NBA, idiotic referees.
smh.gif
There was no foul call, so therefore no "it." Why did his %@%@$%@ stop playing, having not heard a whistle.

de791d52-2e26-4297-a213-0c47c2235eac.jpg

a6bc80d2-3d34-4240-bac9-fc8d46029247.jpg

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

if people have it out for cuban this is BS. That 06 mavs team was one of the better post ERA jordan teams i dont see how we didnt win it that year and that will haunt this franchise for ever. I feel bad for dirk he gave his heart since he came here and he will end up like barkley.
I can get over the screwjob against the Heat, it's whatever, we had time to make things up, we didn't, oh well. There were a few phantom calls, but other than that, the refs just called it tight and Wade got the calls, more power to him. You won't see any refs saying "oh well we officiated the game bad," back then.

Dirk has to be the most dogged-on superstar of this era. They talk about how he has no heart, he's soft, he's only a jumpshooter, but today against three of the best defenders in the League, he lit them up. This franchise just isn't right for him. Cuban just can't get the right pieces around him. This off-season, you gotta let Dampier go. Our biggest weakness is our lack of an interior presence, he's the most pushed-around Center in the League since Shawn Bradley. Dirk most likely won't win a ring here in Dallas, so it may be time to move on, rebuild, and let him go find his chances somewhere else. We have a good thing going right now, but our guys are old, I don't know how much longer Kidd will be moving on, but we can't do things the way we're doing them right now and keep players like Dirk, Josh Howard, and Kidd happy. Dampier is such a huge liability to us, and I don't see how we can improve in the interior fast enough to keep this franchise around. That may be the biggest mistake we made in this Mavericks era. I'd rather have Diop than Dampier right now, Dampier showed some flashes in the regular season, but he's old, he's rusty, he just ain't what we wanted from him. Even a great PG like Kidd cannot fix Dampier's butterfingers.

But, you just keep chugging on.
You can't build a team around a 7fter who gives you nothing in the paint, on either end.

Back
Top Bottom