Nuggets @ Mavs, game three. Dirk will get hot, no one else will.

Horrible, horrible refereeing at the end.
smh.gif

And
smh.gif
at George Karl acting like he doesn't know what a "No-Call" is.
indifferent.gif

Mavs got cheated, thanks to these idiotic referees.

That was a terrible call. The officiating in this year's playoffs has been poor.

whoeva was guarding melo is def not an experience nba player..if u want to foul...foul..that was a reach in..that was not going to get called at the end of thegame..period...

it wasn't a good intentional foul...i didnt even see 1 at first...dude look liked he reached in real quick
then put his hands up like he didnt want a call on him lol

Impressive win. I can see Denver taking game 4 as well. Mavs in the post season...yeesh

FOUL PLAY: Back in the 2006 Finals, Salvatore made so many foul calls benefitting DWade that I assumed the two were dating. Salvatore's crew was again in the Mavs' presence for Game 3 and he and his boys tweeted like canaries: 89 FTs and t61 foul calls and the only time these zebras didn't call a foul was … The one time the Mavs were purposely fouling.
smh.gif

So what happens to the ref in this situation? Suspended? Fired?

NBA is trying to be noble by admitting they $+$$#$ up...but that doesn't help any except make them look like they care. Should they replay the 4th quarter?Replay the last 5 minutes?

Originally Posted by GhengesK

So what happens to the ref in this situation? Suspended? Fired?

NBA is trying to be noble by admitting they $+$$#$ up...but that doesn't help any except make them look like they care. Should they replay the 4th quarter? Replay the last 5 minutes?
3-0

Game 4 Monday

IMO, if you admit to such a glaring mistake in this situation, you replay the last possession of Denver's, they're down two, however much time is onthe clock, let them win the game, instead of taking a wide open 3.

I can't believe some of you are defending the Nuggets on this one, if you're a Denver fan, that's fine, but if you're not, you just don'tunderstand how the game is officiated. IF A TEAM HAS A FOUL TO GIVE, THE SLIGHTEST INTENTIONAL CONTACT IS A FOUL, AND IT SHOULD BE CALLED. There reallyisn't much to debate, who in the blue hell DOESN'T foul in that situation WITH ONE TO GIVE?? That's what's flipping ridiculous. It's notlike Melo was in a shooting motion and Wright was trying to play it off, why would anyone with a brain and plays in the NBA try to play it off like hewasn't fouling. Hey, I'm fouling this guy, get the call. IN MOST CASES like this where there's a foul to give, the contact is MINIMAL, and the foulis ALWAYS called no matter how much contact you give or don't give.

They were down two, we had a foul to give, Wright let 3 seconds go off the clock, and did PLENTY damage to Melo that the foul should have been called. That refis ridiculous, Carlisle was SCREAMING at Wright to foul, and when he does, the ref is too busy checking to see where Melo's feet were, and a full-secondafter Wright goes to foul, Melo takes the shot. What is there to argue? Honestly.

I mean we had finally started to figure out something with the Nuggets, we were in control most of the game, and then we get shafted in the end? AND THEY ADMITTHEIR FLAWS? Replay the last 7-seconds instead of penalizing us one game for their missed call.

LOL

I agree there should have been a foul called. But it wasn't. The whistle wasn't blown. If they ain't gonna call a foul, then steal the %%@%+@%ball. Don't sit there like a $+!%% expecting the whistle to blow. We earned the win. BTW, I think this is the first time a team complains about a foul notbeing called on themselves. LOL. But it's the Mavs. It's expected.

Oh yeah, basketball purists are rolling in their graves over some of the stuff being said. Intentionally fouling with a foul to give, fouling on purpose whenup 3, etc. -- good strategy but shouldn't be a part of the game... Thankfully there are the Gilbert's of the world to sneak up a 3 while you'refouling or Melo's to step to the side and hit a 3.
pimp.gif

at how every one is saying for Wright to wrap up lol. there were WAAYYY less contacts fouls that were called throughout the game, and how did the ref not know?Rick Carlisle was screaming at Wright to foul, so the ref must of heard Carlisle since they were next to each other.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

LOL

I agree there should have been a foul called. But it wasn't. The whistle wasn't blown. If they ain't gonna call a foul, then steal the +%$%!#% ball. Don't sit there like a +@+@@ expecting the whistle to blow. We earned the win. BTW, I think this is the first time a team complains about a foul not being called on themselves. LOL. But it's the Mavs. It's expected.
When you take a swipe at a guy with 4 seconds left, make contact with him, he gets moved back, and then he goes up for a shot after taking thecontact, what do you want him to do? Foul on the three?

Unless Antoine Wright can slow down time, which I don't think he can, there's no human alive in the NBA who could have reacted fast enough to makeanother foul attempt. It's not like he just slapped him with a little David West on Dirk love-tap, full arm swipe and bump into Melo.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

LOL

I agree there should have been a foul called. But it wasn't. The whistle wasn't blown. If they ain't gonna call a foul, then steal the +%$%!#% ball. Don't sit there like a +@+@@ expecting the whistle to blow. We earned the win. BTW, I think this is the first time a team complains about a foul not being called on themselves. LOL. But it's the Mavs. It's expected.
When you take a swipe at a guy with 4 seconds left, make contact with him, he gets moved back, and then he goes up for a shot after taking the contact, what do you want him to do? Foul on the three?

Unless Antoine Wright can slow down time, which I don't think he can, there's no human alive in the NBA who could have reacted fast enough to make another foul attempt. It's not like he just slapped him with a little David West on Dirk love-tap, full arm swipe and bump into Melo.

I mean, yeah, you guys got screwed over... Plays to decide the game shouldn't come down to that. Maybe it should be call your own fouls in the last minute.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Let's get real; there isn't going to be any kind of "do over."
No, there probably won't be, but if you miss such a huge call like that, and ADMIT your mistake, you just let it slide?

It completely impacted the game, one second left, we had no real shot at the basket, it was handicapped against us..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

LOL

When you take a swipe at a guy with 4 seconds left, make contact with him, he gets moved back, and then he goes up for a shot after taking the contact, what do you want him to do? Foul on the three?

Unless Antoine Wright can slow down time, which I don't think he can, there's no human alive in the NBA who could have reacted fast enough to make another foul attempt. It's not like he just slapped him with a little David West on Dirk love-tap, full arm swipe and bump into Melo.

I mean, yeah, you guys got screwed over... Plays to decide the game shouldn't come down to that. Maybe it should be call your own fouls in the last minute.
Also, I said this earlier, it ain't NOTHING against the Nuggets. Props to Melo for going through with that, and taking the shot. Yeah you playuntil the whistle is blown, that's for his own good. I've had nothing but good things to say about yall since you were matched-up with the Hornets, andeven after yall will finish us off, I'll root for yall in not only the WCF but the Finals as well. It's just when we get some momentum going, possiblyget us back to 2-1, and maybe tie things up next game, we get completely demoralized by this wasted effort because of a missed call that is an ordinarytextbook call? Dirk's effort, Josh's valiant battling through injury, big games from Kidd and Bass, all for an L? It's not only demoralizing,it's frustrating. For those of you that watched this game, you KNEW the Mavericks should have won this game because of their effort in the second half.They attacked the basket, they fought inside, they got to the line, they knocked down shots, but it wasn't enough?

Damn..

All my animosity is on the ref who didn't make the call. It's straight up mind-boggling.

Back
Top Bottom