Nuggets @ Mavs, game three. Dirk will get hot, no one else will.

Originally Posted by JD617

My issue is they called 61 fouls in the game. That's a foul called every 47 seconds. They were calling every ticky-tack foul possible. There is no excuse to not call that foul based on how they officiated the rest of the game. Yeah, he should've fouled Melo harder. But it's still inexcusable to not call that.

smh.gif

My issue is they called 61 fouls in the game. That's a foul called every 47 seconds. They were calling every ticky-tack foul possible. There is no excuse to not call that foul based on how they officiated the rest of the game. Yeah, he should've fouled Melo harder. But it's still inexcusable to not call that.
not really, denver was getting banged on that 2nd half and got hardly any foul calls while mavs were getting every ticky-tack foul, that 3rdquarter was a disgrace to basketball but i should have expected it from the nba
smh.gif

Bingo... Yet again it comes down to consistency and knowing the situation...

And I'd feel the same damn way whether it was the Mavericks, the Lakers, the Spurs, the Cavaliers, whoever... It's ridiculous.

It was a reach in foul. You could call 100s of those a game. But what made it funniest is that it was Salvatore, the same ref who called this foul
14vo5n7.jpg

and all the same Mavs fans *****ing now where like, "you gotta let them play at the end of the game." Now you want him to make a sissified *!# calland are *****ing about a foul NOT called. How do you even jockey for makeup calls in the postgame press conference, insinuate you want more calls against younext game? This is hilarious, unchartered territory

Originally Posted by donfratrachelli

It was a reach in foul. You could call 100s of those a game. But what made it funniest is that it was Salvatore, the same ref who called this foul
14vo5n7.jpg

and all the same Mavs fans *****ing now where like, "you gotta let them play at the end of the game." Now you want him to make a sissified *!# call and are *****ing about a foul NOT called. How do you even jockey for makeup calls in the postgame press conference, insinuate you want more calls against you next game? This is hilarious, unchartered territory
you only used 1 example out of several bs calls in the 2006 finals.

laugh.gif
@ using an example from an ENTIRELY different situation... It's not even remotely the same...

Mavs got hosed....and Mark Cuban will probably get a HEFTY fine for pushing the camera dude. That being said, Wright should have wrapped up....no excuse forthe refs to miss the initial swipe, but if he had wrapped up, a whistle is blown.....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ using an example from an ENTIRELY different situation... It's not even remotely the same...
It is the same, end of the game and fouling. Many felt this was a soft call to make her, that players should decide ends of games not refs, letthem make a play, let them play was the cry after that one.

Then this happens
de791d52-2e26-4297-a213-0c47c2235eac.jpg

and it's "you have to call a foul there, he fouled him, reach in fouled, he touched his wrist! Conspiracy! Blasphemy!"
Whiniest fans in the league by far, trickles down from the owner to the players, the coaches, and their fans.

I'm seeing surprisingly little discussion on why Dirk shot another fadeaway when the refs were calling everything so tight, seemed to come a bit early too.How bout the Mavs best 3 ft shooters all missing a free throw late?

Nope, just crying about how Stern is anti Mavs and the world is against them.

one of the worst officiated games ever ... th eonly time i will ever root for kobe is if they play the nuggets ... i despise them players

[h1]NBA issues statement on Mavs-Nuggets last-second foul[/h1]
By Official Release
Posted May 9 2009 9:59PM

NEW YORK, May 9, 2009 -- Joel Litvin, NBA President, League and Basketball Operations, issued the following statement regarding the final seconds of Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals between the Denver Nuggets and the Dallas Mavericks:

"At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmelo Anthony, just prior to Anthony's 3-point basket."

Originally Posted by donfratrachelli

It is the same, end of the game and fouling. Many felt this was a soft call to make her, that players should decide ends of games not refs, let them make a play, let them play was the cry after that one.

Then this happens
de791d52-2e26-4297-a213-0c47c2235eac.jpg

and it's "you have to call a foul there, he fouled him, reach in fouled, he touched his wrist! Conspiracy! Blasphemy!"
Whiniest fans in the league by far, trickles down from the owner to the players, the coaches, and their fans.

I'm seeing surprisingly little discussion on why Dirk shot another fadeaway when the refs were calling everything so tight, seemed to come a bit early too. How bout the Mavs best 3 ft shooters all missing a free throw late?

Nope, just crying about how Stern is anti Mavs and the world is against them.
It's not the same, at all... If you don't see that, it ain't worth arguing with you about...

Two point lead with 6 seconds on the clock and a foul to give? EVERYBODY fouls in that situation... Everybody. And coaches that don't generally get torn toshreds... The two situations aren't remotely the same.

laugh.gif
If you really believe fans of every other team in the leaguewouldn't be upset in this same situation...
laugh.gif

And nobody is giving Dirk, the players, nobody a pass... But that was a foul. It should have been called. Period.

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko67

By Official Release

NEW YORK, May 9, 2009 -- Joel Litvin, NBA President, League and Basketball Operations, issued the following statement regarding the final seconds of Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals between the Denver Nuggets and the Dallas Mavericks:

"At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmelo Anthony, just prior to Anthony's 3-point basket."
laugh.gif
the damage has been done already. Mavs are down 3-0 and they will lose the series

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by jefffort5

yea it was a foul..but it def wasnt a "we have a foul to give" foul
HUH?
he's saying it was a ticky-tack foul, it was so soft that it probably wouldnt have been called the other 46 minutes of the game either

thats awsome of them, now all they have to do is admit that ron shouldnt have been ejected but rather given a technical foul, that rondo threw kirk into thescorers table, and that rondo made no play for the ball against brad miller

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

It's not the same, at all... If you don't see that, it ain't worth arguing with you about...

Two point lead with 6 seconds on the clock and a foul to give? EVERYBODY fouls in that situation... Everybody. And coaches that don't generally get torn to shreds... The two situations aren't remotely the same.

laugh.gif
If you really believe fans of every other team in the league wouldn't be upset in this same situation...
laugh.gif

And nobody is giving Dirk, the players, nobody a pass... But that was a foul. It should have been called. Period.
Nowitness, I hear you and all....

But I'm sorry, there's no way that the refs are supposed to anticipate Dallas would DEFINITELY foul in that situation.

It's like if you're down by 3 and have the ball... Some coaches elect to foul and send a guy to the line for 2 shots... While other coaches roll thedice and hope they don't get burned by a game-tying 3.

In this particular situation, how would the refs know for sure that Carlisle didn't want to feign fouling just to throw the Nuggets off? Yeah, I know itsounds outlandish.... But still, this isn't like football where the coach can tell the ref that he wants a timeout as the clock is expiring before heattempts a field goal.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by jefffort5

yea it was a foul..but it def wasnt a "we have a foul to give" foul
HUH?
he's saying it was a ticky-tack foul, it was so soft that it probably wouldnt have been called the other 46 minutes of the game either

thats awsome of them, now all they have to do is admit that ron shouldnt have been ejected but rather given a technical foul, that rondo threw kirk into the scorers table, and that rondo made no play for the ball against brad miller
1. thanks for clearing that up...i didnt kno it needed clearing up but i guess i worded it funny or summin
2. they shouldn't have even issued a statement
3. mavs wouldnt win the series anyway

The League just announced that they acknowledge that there should've been an Intentional Foul call @ the end of the game.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Nowitness, I hear you and all....

But I'm sorry, there's no way that the refs are supposed to anticipate Dallas would DEFINITELY foul in that situation.

It's like if you're down by 3 and have the ball... Some coaches elect to foul and send a guy to the line for 2 shots... While other coaches roll the dice and hope they don't get burned by a game-tying 3.

In this particular situation, how would the refs know for sure that Carlisle didn't want to feign fouling just to throw the Nuggets off? Yeah, I know it sounds outlandish.... But still, this isn't like football where the coach can tell the ref that he wants a timeout as the clock is expiring before he attempts a field goal.
To me, if you know the situation and you know the Mavs have a foul to give, you have to expect there's gonna be a foul given... If itdoesn't come it doesn't come, but it seems fairly obvious to me Antoine Wright was trying to give that foul...

There's a foul to give, there's contact, why would you not call a foul?

I just get the feeling he wasn't aware the Mavs had a foul to give and he didn't wanna put Carmelo on the FT line to tie the game...

But who knows... It wasn't called, he hit the shot, what's done is done... They shouldn't have been in that position anyways. Not on their homecourt in a must-win game during the playoffs...

By Official Release

O WOW

AND THANKS FOR GIVING ISRAEL TO THE JEWS IN PALESTINE'S EXPENSE

i like what denver's become but have no strong interest in either team so id love it if the nba demanded another one of those BS re-plays at the start ofgame 4, just so that we can see even more how much the league has become a joke, with that said, id expect to see carmelo dunk it on somebody or jr to hit sometype of ridiculous 3 pointer u just want to shake ur head at
smh.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

By Official Release

O WOW

AND THANKS FOR GIVING ISRAEL TO THE JEWS IN PALESTINE'S EXPENSE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
NBA EPIC FAIL

Back
Top Bottom