Nuggets @ Mavs, game three. Dirk will get hot, no one else will.

Originally Posted by donfratrachelli

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

^ thats the story of there franchise first the L took there chip that they built from scratch in the early 2000s and now this. I sometimes wonder
if people have it out for cuban this is BS. That 06 mavs team was one of the better post ERA jordan teams i dont see how we didnt win it that year and that will haunt this franchise for ever. I feel bad for dirk he gave his heart since he came here and he will end up like barkley.
I can get over the screwjob against the Heat, it's whatever, we had time to make things up, we didn't, oh well. There were a few phantom calls, but other than that, the refs just called it tight and Wade got the calls, more power to him. You won't see any refs saying "oh well we officiated the game bad," back then.

Dirk has to be the most dogged-on superstar of this era. They talk about how he has no heart, he's soft, he's only a jumpshooter, but today against three of the best defenders in the League, he lit them up. This franchise just isn't right for him. Cuban just can't get the right pieces around him. This off-season, you gotta let Dampier go. Our biggest weakness is our lack of an interior presence, he's the most pushed-around Center in the League since Shawn Bradley. Dirk most likely won't win a ring here in Dallas, so it may be time to move on, rebuild, and let him go find his chances somewhere else. We have a good thing going right now, but our guys are old, I don't know how much longer Kidd will be moving on, but we can't do things the way we're doing them right now and keep players like Dirk, Josh Howard, and Kidd happy. Dampier is such a huge liability to us, and I don't see how we can improve in the interior fast enough to keep this franchise around. That may be the biggest mistake we made in this Mavericks era. I'd rather have Diop than Dampier right now, Dampier showed some flashes in the regular season, but he's old, he's rusty, he just ain't what we wanted from him. Even a great PG like Kidd cannot fix Dampier's butterfingers.

But, you just keep chugging on.
You can't build a team around a 7fter who gives you nothing in the paint, on either end.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dashoekid21

melo act like he did somethin fukke.n smu.t..i hate that cat...mavs got robbed once again!!!

get outta here with that tryna downgrade my _ clutch shot ....ppl talking bout the shot and how the refs cost them the game but the mavs failed countless timesto put the nuggets away so dont blame the refs blame the mavs for losing that game....wasnt denver down by like 4 with like 30 seconds left? mavs can't doanything but blame themselves because they failed to put the nuggets away when they were up...

let's be real, the mavs were never going to win this series. It took them playing great and Denver playing terribly all game just for them to lead by acouple points? A foul was missed but I'm sorry, it was weak. I've seen too many games where the player quickly just wrapped up the player beforetheyeven do anything. Name one time where you seen a team with a foul to give only reaching in when trying to foul on a last possession? He shoulda NBA live'select' buttoned his %%% and the foul would have been called. Also,Melo had to make the shot. Even if the foul was called there was at least 2 or 3seconds on the clock. This is the 3rd game Melo has hit a game winning 3 from the sideline. It's his favorite spot... The shot was gonna happen

Mavs were never gonna win this series...come on now...I thought it would be more competitive...but never thought for one second they would win...

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

let's be real, the mavs were never going to win this series.
It's the playoffs, momentum could swing to either team.
Mavs have lost the last 8 straight against Denver. In a game where a foul was called every 48 seconds (which a softer game favors the softerteam), and the Mavs finally outrebounded the Nugs, and finally outbenched them (in fact Bass matched their bench's production himself), and all ofDenver's players got in foul trouble, in the Mavs building, the fact they were still in position for 1 call to sway the game either way just shows how muchbetter the Nuggets are. They were shooting 32% from the field for the first half

The Mavericks lost the game because of bad late game execution.
-Giving Anthony the free dunk with more than 24 seconds left in the game. Nuggets just had to get a stop and didn't have to foul.
- Nowitzki gave the Nuggets too much time after his miss, could have taken 3-4 more seconds away before shooting .
- As for the game winner, Wright does not make contact on Anthony with his hands, just a chest bump which really should not be called. Wright needed to make aneffort to make a more obvious foul. I would not complain about the no call had Nowitzki hit a three on a similar bump from Martin.

But now that's the past and now its time to pull off a double sweep on monday
pimp.gif

The lakers fans are by far the most annoying ESP with kobe i liked the shaq era lakers but this new team just gets on my nerves they get every call in everygame it seems likes. i mean look what kobe did to artest ? but you gonna throw ron out for busting his tail end and going after him after a cheap shot ? thatshow you know the L is soft these days. if that was 1992 Nothing woulda happend we seen so many fights in the post
season back in the day.

i hope the rockets beat the lakers but we all know stern will find a way to make the cavs vs lakers finals happen.

Lakers fans need to relise kobe is an illusion he will never win thd it makes mesick to see how people go from loving kobe the GOD but dont
you remember he wanted out of LA ? kobe has and always will be a clown. i cant stand the guy and his fans and to think he is even on the same
level as jordan is a joke.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Blame Antoine Wright for not wrapping Melo up.

basically

the games over..and the leauge screwed up even more by making that statement after the game

yeah, since when are they so quick to make an announcement like that right after a game? that's a no call in any game at any time, and they say you callfouls the same in the first minute of a game as the last, and Melo gets fouled worse than that every game, all game, and it's rarely called. cubanprobably threatened to strap on a bomb and show up at darth stern's crib, so they put out the statement.
laugh.gif

and dallas fans, quit wasting tissues, blame your own team for not closing out. you had every possible advantage in the second half of that game, you went tothe line a lot more than Denver, our bench wasn't scoring, our guys were fouling out, your guys were not playing smart, so blame your team. stop makingexcuses and realize your team just simply wasn't good enough to win that game. blame your guys. if you have to put the blame on officials for losing,then you lost anyway. it shouldn't have even been that close of a game if dallas was a worthy adversary for denver, which they clearly are not and havenot been all year.

let's sweep this Denver so I can return my game 5 tickets and move on to the next round!

it's a shame that the ref made this mistake.
laugh.gif
at all the nuggets fans in here. Yall would be just as mad if it was the other way around

Not sure if someone already posted this but oh well

http://sports.espn.go.com...09/news/story?id=4157481

[h2]Report: Cuban called Martin a 'thug'[/h2]

Cuban told the Denver newspaper by e-mail that as he walked off the court after the Mavericks' Saturday night loss in Dallas, he saw Martin'smother, Lydia Moore, as a fan was yelling that the Nuggets were "thugs."

"That includes your son," Cuban said to Moore, according to his e-mail to The Post.

Martin's agent, Brian ****, had a different take on the incident, The Post reported. According to ****, an unprovoked Cuban told Moore, "Your sonis a punk."

Either way, NBA spokesman Tim Frank told the paper the "situation on the floor postgame is being reviewed."

According to The Associated Press, Frank said Sunday the league was still reviewing the wider postgame scene on the court, when Dallas' Josh Howard and Cuban were among those visibly upset after Carmelo Anthony hit a game-winning 3-pointer with one second to play.

The shot, which came after Antoine Wright's obvious attempt to draw a foul onAnthony, took the Nuggets from two points down to one point ahead, giving them a 106-105 victory and a commanding 3-0 lead in the second-round series.

Martin, a Dallas native known for his physical play, was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Monday, a day after knocking Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki to the court in Denver's series-opening win.

After the game, Nowitzki downplayed the contact as "just a hard playoff foul." The Mavericks All-Star has no beef with Martin, either.

"We both played hard, had some great battles and left it at that," Nowitzki said Tuesday. "We were laughing at one move that I made on theblock where I had like 10 or 11 fakes and he was just standing there. He asked me what the hell I was doing?"

On the play in question, Nowitzki was off-balance when Martin put a shoulder to him, causing him to stumble and then slide across the lane. Nowitzkidisputed that he made the foul look worse that it was.

"I don't think I really acted on that play," he said. "It was pretty obvious."

Nowitzki doesn't think Martin will change his style because of the fine.

"K-Mart is K-Mart. He's an aggressive player, an aggressive defender," Nowitzki said. "He goes to the basket hard. I don't thinkthat's going to be in the back of his mind."

Back
Top Bottom