NYC - 34Th Footaction Will Officially Sell Jordan Brand Items Only.

we really don't have malls in NYC.

there are 8 million people in NYC, so we have exponentially more demand and even with the two HOHs (which are very small btw) and all of the small boutiques, even GR pairs dry up within about an hour around the entire city--all 5 boroughs. Not to mention that most of the top tier boutiques only get one FSR and they usually only sell to their friends.

I'd imagine that Oregon has a larger imprint of nike stores than most though. 
this couldn't be the furthest from the truth...

First it's call the TRISTATE area for a reason...technically we have 8 HOH in the area ,2 in Manhanttan, 1 in Garden state plaza (nj), 1 in WillowBrook (nj), 1 in Staten Island, 1 in Roosevelt Field, 1 in Bridgewater (NJ) and 1 in Menlo (NJ)...you can stretch and say Cherry Hill but that's a drive..so let's say 8.5

That's NOT counting NiketownNYC, Niketown Roosevelt Field, or 21 Mercer..and the multitude of pop ups we get...plus mom and pops and Large stores like Sports Authority and ***** which certain NYC locations get limited Jordan releases...

You also have essentially Tier 0 flagship Champs, Footactions, and Finishlines with in a 15 mile radius of NYC that get EVERTHING...not to mention most regular spot also get most releases as well...

Now yes...a lot of these spots are in Jersey...but from a starting of say midtown..you can get to Willowbrook mall faster then getting to Hoh125...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...generally if you can't get your hands on releases in the tri state you didn't put in enough homework....

If you've ever been to places like Alabama, Dakota, many parts of Florida (except major cities)...it's a FIGHT!!!! NYC TRISTATE is more an annoyance but if have car and will travel..you'll be fine

First it's call the TRISTATE area for a reason...technically we have 8 HOH in the area ,2 in Manhanttan, 1 in Garden state plaza (nj), 1 in WillowBrook (nj), 1 in Staten Island, 1 in Roosevelt Field, 1 in Bridgewater (NJ) and 1 in Menlo (NJ)...you can stretch and say Cherry Hill but that's a drive..so let's say 8.5

That's NOT counting NiketownNYC, Niketown Roosevelt Field, or 21 Mercer..and the multitude of pop ups we get...plus mom and pops and Large stores like Sports Authority and ***** which certain NYC locations get limited Jordan releases...

You also have essentially Tier 0 flagship Champs, Footactions, and Finishlines with in a 15 mile radius of NYC that get EVERTHING...not to mention most regular spot also get most releases as well...

Now yes...a lot of these spots are in Jersey...but from a starting of say midtown..you can get to Willowbrook mall faster then getting to Hoh125...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...generally if you can't get your hands on releases in the tri state you didn't put in enough homework....

If you've ever been to places like Alabama, Dakota, many parts of Florida (except major cities)...it's a FIGHT!!!! NYC TRISTATE is more an annoyance but if have car and will travel..you'll be fine

Don't forget the HOH in Yonkers at the cross county mall and HOH in the palisades mall in rockland county.....

everything you're talking about isn't in the city.  

all of that is great if you can drive everywhere. What a lot of folks not from here don't understand is that most people in New York City don't drive, there's no way that they're getting those pairs, so what you're saying doesn't make any sense. Of course when you're driving around from state to state your're going to find more, but that's not an accurate thing to blanket the entire city on.

It's not fair to count things like that and not consider the reality of the situation, 90% of the sneaker community in NYC doesn't have access to those pairs. 

And that thing you said about the tier 0s, the only tier 0s we have are HOH 125, HOH 34, Fulton, 21 Mercer and Nike town.  Those are the only stores in NYC doing the prelude releases and they're usually the only ones doing quickstrikes too.  [SI apparently isn't getting them.]

Tell me within the scope of New York city, the 5 boroughs, and the MTA, was what I said false?

A fellow New yorker here, and I'd like to say that, yes, from the outside looking in, its not fair that NYC has so many stores. But, keep in mind the 8 million people living here. Also keep in mind that NY is THE MOST EXPENSIVE CITY to live in, in this country (fact). So with just those 2 pieces of data, it makes sense for Nike/JB to invest in a city with high income + high population.

But please dont think its easy for us NY'ers to buy every sneaker that comes out. Im not driving from Queens to NJ for sneakers. Gas + tolls are way to much for that. And not all stores get all releases all the time. A lot of stores get "limited" quantities compaired to the demand. And many people out here sleep in the streets over night for the early morning lines. Buying Nikes was so much easier 10 years ago. Its just frustrating nowadays.

Some people have full-time jobs, families and responsibilities and don't have time to camp or chase after every fickle mom & pop owner who'd rather hook up all their friends.

Im not driving from Queens to NJ for sneakers. Buying Nikes was so much easier 10 years ago. Its just frustrating nowadays.

THIS. It's gotten ridiculous.

15 pairs of sneakers for 20 people or 30 pairs of sneakers for 100 people, which ratio seems easier for purchasing shoes?

all of that is great if you can drive everywhere. What a lot of folks not from here don't understand is that most people in New York City don't drive, there's no way that they're getting those pairs, so what you're saying doesn't make any sense. Of course when you're driving around from state to state your're going to find more, but that's not an accurate thing to blanket the entire city on.

It's not fair to count things like that and not consider the reality of the situation, 90% of the sneaker community in NYC doesn't have access to those pairs. 

And that thing you said about the tier 0s, the only tier 0s we have are HOH 125, HOH 34, Fulton, 21 Mercer and Nike town.  Those are the only stores in NYC doing the prelude releases and they're usually the only ones doing quickstrikes too.  [SI apparently isn't getting them.]

Tell me within the scope of New York city, the 5 boroughs, and the MTA, was what I said false?

your hustlin backwards homie...Champs on 42 gets EVERY release.....Also Champs in Willbrook gets EVERY release...Footaction on 34th (this one) gets EVERY release...Footaction in GardenState Plaza gets every release...

To you other point...with the exception of uptown and LES...most of your "Sneakerheads" don't live in Manhattten...so define NYC...last I check most dudes travel to sneaker releases be it trains or otherwise...just to put it again in prospective..it's easier to NJTransit it to Passic then it is to MTA it to Sunset Park from mid town...

I been doing this a long time and honestly with the exception of Champs in Times Square for Kobe's (cause for some reason no one ever goes there for those) I NEVER step foot in Manhatten for releases...I'm just saying the same energy and time you put into going to Mercer for some Jays...I can take the same energy go to ***** at Roosevelt Field, which btw gets everything (damn blowing up my spot) and walk away with 9 outta 10 release...

Or go to Staten Island which has 5 top tier stores (HOH, Finishline, Champs, small footlocker, and Footaction) which all spots get everything...wait in line for 30 mins..and be good...SI is extremely organized and efficient...

Again I'm agreeing with you that Manhatten is just a stupid choice for sneaker releases but when you put the entire Tri State area into perspective...again most kicks are obtainable...

Oh and to the other homie..beyond the maybe hour or so wait I've never camped in my life....married with three kids and a mortgage so unfortunately I don't have time for that...lol

They don't get everything, I never knew champs got the prelude pack :lol:

So from the sounds of all these listings you guys say us here in Oregon have more to offer us as shops and HOH's, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!....

From talk up above Every store gets everything....... Oregon home of Nike Haaaaaaaaaa! yea we should be blessed but think again. We got 4 malls

every mall has atleast 3 of the 5 stores that sale Retros etc... FTA,FTL,CHAMPS,FNL, and one mall down town Portland has a Shieks store. not sure how to spell it

so I abreviated it and probably still spelled it wrong. We have 1 HOH in Tigard Or, 5-10 min from Beaverton, about 20-30 min outside of Portland. We have 2 Nike outlets.

Ok sounds like alot of shops and chances to cop right? Nah It aint. Your basic shops in the Mall usually get the GR's, but R all scammed to employees friends, Fam. HOH

I think is a lil legit but every store has its own lil thing going on.HOH used to get all the exclusives but thats changing. Since they've cut bck on quantities and locations

shipped to they dont recieve the amount of wut they used to recieve, and thats if they even recieve now these days. To me our local HOH just doesnt seem like a PE (L)

exclusive place to get these shoes these days. Wer "Home" of NIKE, here n Oregon and we didnt even get the Oregon Duck Foams anywhere in the state. Closest to us 

Ca. We Didnt even get them at our NTwn store. Neither did we get the KB Prelude pack in our state. I just feel that if any states in the US recieve any NIKE shoes,

Dont you all agree that here in Oregon we should be AUTOMATIC just like A BOT on Release Day!.........

I need to be driving what homie is driving that gets him to WB mall faster than 125th st starting in midtown. It's either 34th st or online for me. I'm not taking a train bus or car anywhere for kicks anymore. If I see something while I'm someplace else cool but won't do anything other than walking distance or online for myself.

I need to be driving what homie is driving that gets him to WB mall faster than 125th st starting in midtown. It's either 34th st or online for me. I'm not taking a train bus or car anywhere for kicks anymore. If I see something while I'm someplace else cool but won't do anything other than walking distance or online for myself.
making it harder on yourself, I hit up as many spots as possible for shoes that I like, even if theyre out the way

NIKETALK LOGIC CAN BE VERY SKEWED AT TIMES… YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TO DO HOMEWORK JUST TO GET A PAIR OF KICKS. NYC IS ONE OF THE LARGEST CITIES IN THE US… IF YOU THINK THERE'S ENOUGH IDK WHAT TO TELL YOU. PPL DONT EVEN JUST BUY KICKS TO WEAR THEM ANYMORE… RESELLERS ADD TO THAT POPULATION OF DEMAND… BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT THOUGH, WE ALL DO. THATS WHAT MAKES IT OPINION AND THATS WHAT MAKES IT NIKETALK

Last edited:
making it harder on yourself, I hit up as many spots as possible for shoes that I like, even if theyre out the way
At this point it's because I don't care as much anymore. Year before last when the Black IV's came out my last local mom and pop started charging resell prices on retros and that was the straw that broke the camels back for me. Im a retail guy and only done resell on my black foams and SJ's. Been lucky on a few shoes I wanted this year with no hassle but that's not the norm. Things are def hard now and I don't have it in me to go all out anymore.

this picture is a couple hours old
how many people out here now

thinking of going out there but is it really going to be worth it ?

its going to be nuts for the first day

I'm going to ride thru there after I get off work to see how bad it is....but yeah it's definitely going to be nuts....lol

I was going to drive up (from Philly) tomorrow morning. Looks like if I do that, it'll be too late. So I need to go tonight, huh?

I'm going to wait on some updates from some NTers (hopefully) to see what it looks like tonight. If it's not crazy, I'll make the trip. 160Jordans and Chill...I'm hoping you guys can hold it down with some updates. Thanks in advance.

Sometime after 5pm....I was going to check out Super Bowl blvd but I have to see how packed it is at the jordan store....

That's funny I'm going there too it's looking too late to go to the store n my girl is going to be tight if I tell her I'm not going to the Super Bowl thing any more because I'm going to line up. Damn I really wanted a pair of bred 1s smh let me know how it's looking when you get there tho

They got heat towers set up and security out there so the camp shouldn't be as bad as anticipated. I just left and looks like the same amount, or not too many more, people as in the previous photo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom