NYC Rent Guidelines Board Approves Increases For Rent-Stabilized Apartments

Let me get this straight...

You all dismiss Atlanta... not because of the cost of living (which trumps NY a million times over), the job opportunities, the weather, or the women...

But... Because of...
The dudes in the A bruh...
mean.gif
The guys down here?

165.gif

Makes sense.

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="/t/541631/nyc-rent-guidelines-board-approves-increases-for-rent-stabilized-apartments/30#post_18180397"]
never understood why people are down with paying crazy rent prices for a 500 sq ft apartment when they could get a house with a yard and get a car 15 minutes out of a city for cheaper

ive never understood why people want yards...

like people really like mowing grass, trimming hedges, planting seeds, cutting branches?

and than what sucks even more is if you let it grow like nature intended (its a sign of healthy plant life), the stick up their *** neighbors get all butt hurt because it "makes the neighborhood look bad." 

thats their life to live though, i know i couldnt do it
[/quote]

:rofl: mowing the yard takes 25 minutes.
1. party's are way better with a yard
2. bbq's are way better with a yard
3. if you have a dog, its always nice to have a yard
4. if you have a family who wouldn't want a yard
5. have a garden and eat your own veggies or fruits
i could go on and on. but i guess from your post you are not down with yards because your lazy

Atlanta has no job opportunities. I've heard that from a number of people on here and those I know personally.

For my NJ dudes, can someone answer my Hoboken question. Cats is crazy to be moving to Newark just for cheaper rent. Worse than ENY tenfold.

i could go on and on. but i guess from your post you are not down with yards because your lazy
pretty much. i hate dealing with yards. its like you gotta do all that work just to end up doing all that work again. gotta cut the grass multiple times per week, cut the hedges a few times a year, cut branches every few years when they are long enough. that stuff is just too much for me.

Atlanta has no job opportunities. I've heard that from a number of people on here and those I know personally.

For my NJ dudes, can someone answer my Hoboken question. Cats is crazy to be moving to Newark just for cheaper rent. Worse than ENY tenfold.
Honestly, Newark isn't as bad as the media perceives it to be.  Jersey City is much worse than Newark.  Bare no bones about it, Newark has it's rough parts, like down by the airport on Frelinghysen, but for the most part, Newark is a fart in a hurricane.  The older residents of Newark despise Cory Booker because they feel he is driving rent and property taxes through the roof in Newark.  Guess they like having to handle all of their affairs before the sun goes down, like how it was say 30 or some odd years ago.  But, Newark isn't that bad.  You can do a helluva lot worse elsewhere.

I don't really understand why people move to be "around" NY. What's the point? If you're not in Manhattan (or the immediate neighboring parts of other boroughs), why don't you just move elsewhere and enjoy life? I can understand if you're from these parts originally and you're there because of home/family/work, etc., but it boggles my mind when dudes move cross-country to live in areas surrounding Manhattan. Just go somewhere else and experience a much better quality of life. If you're going to come all the way to NY, then live in Manhattan in a shoe box and grind it out and make money--at least, you'll have the experience

Damn near impossible to find a job there. Housing and apartments are dirt dirt cheap. I mean you can buy a fairly new house slightly out of ATL for like 100k in a safe area. That should let you know how cheap an apartment is in ATL. But like Rell said, there is always no jobs. Its so hard to find a job out there.  Some yall be going overboard with the homo talk though. Its not like everybody in the city is a homo. NY probably has 10x the amount of **** as ATL does.

i'm good living in texas. bought a 3 story 4 BR 4.5 BA townhome in a college town for 150k and the mortgage is only 1400 a month which the tenants pay with rent. i'm told 1400 wouldn't get me **** in NY

i'm good living in texas. bought a 3 story 4 BR 4.5 BA townhome in a college town for 150k and the mortgage is only 1400 a month which the tenants pay with rent. i'm told 1400 wouldn't get me **** in NY
maybe a studio apartment with roaches.

Texas is nice too, but your summers are just too humid.

Screw city life. It's just not for me. Every time I'm in Chicago or Indy I get road rage like a mofo. People wasting their life away in traffic and on subways...

I'm 120 miles from Chicago, 120 miles from Indy and 170 miles from St Louis. I'm good.

Give me a house on 1-3 acres with the nearest neighbor 80+ yards away and I'm set.

100-200K for the house and land.

50-100K a year and you're living comfy.

No traffic jams and you can get to events, games and city life within 2 hours. Hell, it probably takes 2 hours to ride the subway and get to an event in the city while living there...

Screw city life. It's just not for me. Every time I'm in Chicago or Indy I get road rage like a mofo. People wasting their life away in traffic and on subways...

I'm 120 miles from Chicago, 120 miles from Indy and 170 miles from St Louis. I'm good.

Give me a house on 1-3 acres with the nearest neighbor 80+ yards away and I'm set.

100-200K for the house and land.

50-100K a year and you're living comfy.

No traffic jams and you can get to events, games and city life within 2 hours. Hell, it probably takes 2 hours to ride the subway and get to an event in the city while living there...
Could definitely see your PoV if I was wifed up and had everything I needed at home. But as a single male, living within the city is clutch with the social/dating life. One night stands would be very difficult living in the burbs. 

Like JJ said Newark ain't that bad now. If you wanna stay in North Jersey and close to NY, try Bayonne or JC, parts of Newark, EO. I'm in Union County, you could find good places for $800-$900.

Almost all of Hoboken is new money now. Young professionals with money and no children. Sorta like independent hipsters IMO

Hoboken is the New Jersey equivalent of Greenpoint or Fort Greene in Brooklyn.  A ton of yuppies and hipsters have taken it over, and driven the rent out of pocket.

Did it used to be affordable? Looks like it was flooded by people who couldn't afford NYC took it over. Rent is minimum 2k from what I've seen. Its a nice area, I'll give them that.

The new mayor of Hoboken shut a lot of 'ish down.  The St. Patricks day parade isn't as wild as it used to be.  I've seen some stuff there about 6 - 7 years ago.

we need to rap im in san antonio for work but am looking for a place still. i take it you stay in houston, 

It's comical though, because rent is gully high in Jersey City, yet by a ton of standards, Jersey City is worse than Newark.

:x what are you talking about?

I'm in Jersey City all day, I have no worries being there, and if a car is stolen in JC, it's because someone from Newark hopped on the Pulaski to do it.

He sounds like my fan...maybe i should sign

A personalized musket just for him... >D

22 year olds leasing a SRT8/ZL1 outta college...in

This job environment? :lol: tell u one thing, a *****

Like me aint worried about hecklers on da internet

Meth dont do nuffin cuz i dont care about it. you

Gotta be walking around wit sugar soaked panties

To catch feelings on a message board b, thats facts.

I mean seriously, whats a lil peon thats got a hard on

For me gonna do to effect me attracting yambs &

Paper? We not even on da same level to keep it funky,

Im blessed, i aint got NO worries :pimp:

http://niketalk.com/t/515077/ninjahood-actually-uses-the-instead-of-da-vol-fb-status

How can a grown man brag about his rental prices when he's living in a dump with their mom? At some point, he has to put his big boy pants on, grow up, and do something to change his living situation.

How can a grown man brag about his rental prices when he's living in a dump with their mom? At some point, he has to put his big boy pants on, grow up, and do something to change his living situation.

Living in a dump :lol: im in Manhattan b, Washington

Heights, where yuppies & outta town dweebs gotta

Pay 4x what i pay just to afford living here...

Meanwhile as long as im here i pay a dirt price,

Makes perfect sense to me $$$ :pimp:

Living in a dump :lol: im in Manhattan b, Washington

Heights, where yuppies & outta town dweebs gotta

Pay 4x what i pay just to afford living here...

Meanwhile as long as im here i pay a dirt price,

Makes perfect sense to me $$$ :pimp:

So because it's in Manhattan it's ok to live in poverty-like conditions? Yeah, ok buddy. I'll never value location that much. No self-respecting man should live in a shoe box with their mother. I don't care what the rent prices are. It's one thing if you have no choice, it's another thing to brag about it. One day you'll think like an adult and do something about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom