NYC Rent Guidelines Board Approves Increases For Rent-Stabilized Apartments

How can a grown man brag about his rental prices when he's living in a dump with their mom? At some point, he has to put his big boy pants on, grow up, and do something to change his living situation.
Living in a dump
laugh.gif
im in Manhattan b, Washington

Heights, where yuppies & outta town dweebs gotta

Pay 4x what i pay just to afford living here...

Meanwhile as long as im here i pay a dirt price,

Makes perfect sense to me $$$
pimp.gif
So because it's in Manhattan it's ok to live in poverty-like conditions? Yeah, ok buddy. I'll never value location that much. No self-respecting man should live in a shoe box with their mother. I don't care what the rent prices are. It's one thing if you have no choice, it's another thing to brag about it. One day you'll think like an adult and do something about it.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

once you leave da united states you know what real poverty is in these 3rd world countries.

having a dirt cheap apt in NYC is what dreams are made of to millions and millions of folks worldwide, dont be mad cuz i know da value of where i stay

at and im proud of...pssh salt bad for your blood pressure duke
laugh.gif
im chillin
pimp.gif

Living in a dump :lol: im in Manhattan b, Washington

Heights, where yuppies & outta town dweebs gotta

Pay 4x what i pay just to afford living here...

Meanwhile as long as im here i pay a dirt price,

Makes perfect sense to me $$$ :pimp:

no one is living in Washington Heights though. That's great that you live there for cheap, but no one is coming to NY to live in Washington Heights. Washington Heights is farther from real Manhattan than Hoboken and just as far as parts of Long Island.

I don't know why you keep hyping up where you live to NTers who aren't from NY, but anyone who knows remotely anything about NY knows that you're not doing big at all living up there.

I think you're delusional if you think there's great value in where you live

Last edited:
:lol: :lol:

I've never heard ANYONE say;

"Can't wait to move to the heights"

:lol: :lol: always trying to spin **** into gold.

Anything above 96th is just laughable tbh
Da heights is just one step ahead of the Bronx

Not sure i said this or someone else did in another thread but anyone who grows up in NYC is not looking to move to the heights
The ones ninja hood talks about probably are out of town and don't know the area

Last edited:
Let me get this straight...

You all dismiss Atlanta... not because of the cost of living (which trumps NY a million times over), the job opportunities, the weather, or the women...

But... Because of...

The guys down here?

165.gif

Makes sense.
I wasn't tying to generalize. I said that in my post. 

apartments are self contained so its makes life easier. im with you on the redic rental prices tho **** that...

...but ive never understood why people want yards...

like people really like mowing grass, trimming hedges, planting seeds, cutting branches?

and than what sucks even more is if you let it grow like nature intended (its a sign of healthy plant life), the stick up their *** neighbors get all butt hurt because it "makes the neighborhood look bad." 

yards are such a waste of good space to me. i know im not about that life but if other people are, best of luck to them with that.
About to move out of a crib shortly to an apt, and the reason being is the upkeep and all of that starts adding up. 

As a single dude it's tough, and I'm not just about to bring a chick in to help out if it's not real. 

So I'm looking to downsize. 

Anything above 96th is just laughable tbh
Da heights is just one step ahead of the Bronx

Not sure i said this or someone else did in another thread but anyone who grows up in NYC is not looking to move to the heights
The ones ninja hood talks about probably are out of town and don't know the area

NT is so oblivious to anything that isn't stapled to

Kanye west's *** cheeks so alot of what

nincompoops say about my neighborhood is

irrelevant.

Washington heights is a PREMIER hispanic

neighborhood that is a central hub for all things

Latino in NYC, as far politically, restaurant wise,

Sports, music, clubs/lounges, etc. I dont expect

NTers from nowhere, USA to understand da

Tourism we get from spain, south america, da

Caribbean & da overall cultural epicenter my

Wash heights is for da Hispanic community.

Da lames in here aint ever gonna throw rocks

At a hood that at its worse was way more poppin

Then da dustball they call a residence.

How is the relationship between blacks and Hispanics in the Heights? 

Can a dude such as myself go mingle with ease?

Last edited:

irrelevant.

im latin, and if i were to go to NYC...the last thing i would look to go do is visit da heightz

I don't know...but I always think of the Wild Cowboys when somebody mentions the Heights. 

Premier?! As someone that grew up in the area (Inwood - 204st & Post ave), this is laughable :lol:

Montro, You need to get out the heights and see what life is like away from your comfort zone. I love the heights just like you but after being away for so long and seeing what other places have to offer, the heights ain't **** really.

Last edited:
How is the relationship between blacks and Hispanics in the Heights? 

Can a dude such as myself go mingle with ease?

Most of da black folks sticks to themselves since

Da vast majority of residents speak spanish as a

First language. You start to see more and more

Blacks once u approach da border that straddles

Washington heights & harlem towards da early

160 streets. Washington heights officially begins

On 157 street & ends just before dyckman.

Dyckman/inwood is a sister neighborhood to

Washington Heights, **** load of dominicans and

A smorgasbord of other latins, dyckman houses

Right off da train station is where most da blacks

Reside. Blacks wit da nearest proximity to me most

Live in da bridge buildings on 179 street thats

Planted over da GWB highway.

NTers from nowhere, USA to understand

I am from NY and I couldn't care less about Washington Heights--and neither does anyone else who doesn't live in Washington Heights. In fact, most people I know have moved away from Washington Heights and would never move back. Washington Heights is not what's good in NY.

Everything in NYC is always up-and-coming, and therefore, so are all of its ethnic enclaves. No one is talking about moving to Flushing for its Asian community or Sheepshead Bay for its European/Russian/Polish community.

No one cares about the Heights-- stop trumpeting that nonsense. No one in NY agrees with you and you're making all of us seem like morons by association. I wouldn't live in your crib if you let me live there rent free, so I don't know why you're always on here bragging about how you're paying money to live in that dump.

Last edited:

irrelevant.

im latin, and if i were to go to NYC...the last thing i would look to go do is visit da heightz

Welp that you lil *****. Im tired of giving directions

To tourist from europe asking directions on where

La casa de mofongo is or da cloisters.

once you leave da united states you know what real poverty is in these 3rd world countries.

having a dirt cheap apt in NYC is what dreams are made of to millions and millions of folks worldwide, dont be mad cuz i know da value of where i stay

at and im proud of...pssh salt bad for your blood pressure duke :lol: im chillin :pimp:
Chilling, huh? That's your problem. You're a 30 yo "chillin" in your mom's apt all day. What have you accomplished in the 12+ years since you graduated high school?

Still in college, got my class A cdl so da mula bout

To come in real nice, moms about da hand da reins

Over to my cribs & go to DR, no kids, fresh, young,

no obligations.. I got my feet up on life

Right b, thanks for asking :pimp:.

Jesus piece coming end of da year, high powered

Muscle late spring-early summer 2014... :pimp:

Last edited:

NTers from nowhere, USA to understand

I am from NY and I couldn't care less about Washington Heights--and neither does anyone else who doesn't live in Washington Heights. In fact, most people I know have moved away from Washington Heights and would never move back. Washington Heights is not what's good in NY.

Everything in NYC is always up-and-coming, and therefore, so are all of its ethnic enclaves. No one is talking about moving to Flushing for its Asian community or Sheepshead Bay for its European/Russian/Polish community.

No one cares about the Heights-- stop trumpeting that nonsense. No one in NY agrees with you and you're making all of us seem like morons by association. I wouldn't live in your crib if you let me live there rent free, so I don't know why you're always on here bragging about how you're paying money to live in that dump.

Zzzzzz

LA MARINA alone in da weekends >> your feeble

Opinion.

Premier?! As someone that grew up in the area (Inwood - 204st & Post ave), this is laughable :lol:

Montro, You need to get out the heights and see what life is like away from your comfort zone. I love the heights just like you but after being away for so long and seeing what other places have to offer, the heights ain't **** really.

Name another premier hispanic community in NYC

That touches da heightz in cultural richness.. Aint

None...jackson heights is a Columbian mecca so

They good competition otherwise, competition is

none.

Last edited:
no one is living in Washington Heights though. That's great that you live there for cheap, but no one is coming to NY to live in Washington Heights. Washington Heights is farther from real Manhattan than Hoboken and just as far as parts of Long Island.

I don't know why you keep hyping up where you live to NTers who aren't from NY, but anyone who knows remotely anything about NY knows that you're not doing big at all living up there.

I think you're delusional if you think there's great value in where you live

had to select this one b/c it's false ... most out of towners come here and want to live in manhanttan ... once they stay here for a few months and explore various areas and feel comfortable ... many move uptown to harlem and the heights b/c once they realize that that A train is going express from 59th to 125th street ... they realize that they can still get anywhere they want in the city in a short span and save on rent (relatively speaking)

at and im proud of...pssh salt bad for your blood pressure duke :lol: im chillin :pimp:
Chilling, huh? That's your problem. You're a 30 yo "chillin" in your mom's apt all day. What have you accomplished in the 12+ years since you graduated high school?

Priorities all messed up :smh:. I don't care if you're in college, you're about 35 and living with your mom. A grown man should not be moochin off his mom, living in some project building at 37 years old. How are you proud of anything you just said? Honestly?

Dude's braggin about jesus pieces and hemis but has no plan on improving his living situation.

:smh:

Last edited:
had to select this one b/c it's false ... most out of towners come here and want to live in manhanttan ... once they stay here for a few months and explore various areas and feel comfortable ... many move uptown to harlem and the heights b/c once they realize that that A train is going express from 59th to 125th street ... they realize that they can still get anywhere they want in the city in a short span and save on rent (relatively speaking)

I don't know what you're talking about. If you really think there's a mass exodus of people moving to Harlem and Washington Heights after living in NY, you're just as delusional as ninjahood.

none.

It don't matter what other neighborhood I name because all you gonna say is "da heights this" and "da heights that". But I've been in all over the heights growing up and It ain't ****. It really ain't. It's overrated. I'd rather have my nice House in Jersey where I have a backyard and free parking or Where I'm at right now in South Florida where I'm not even 10 minutes from the beach and I can go to South Beach whenever I ******g feel like it over living in the sh**hole that is "da heights"

All I'm saying is, there's more to life than just the heights and if you left you're comfort zone you'd agree with me but to quote 50 "you still in the hood, dawg that ain't good" :smh: :lol:

Priorities all messed up :smh:. I don't care if you're in college, you're about 35 and living with your mom. A grown man should not be moochin off his mom, living in some project building at 37 years old. How are you proud of anything you just said? Honestly?

Dude's braggin about jesus pieces and hemis but has no plan on improving his living situation.

:smh:

Says da NT with da personality of a garden gnome.

At da end of da day why does da way i do things

Generate so much hemorrhoids for you crabby

NTers? :lol: gawd....

What i do works for me, **** whoever dont like it.

Coño.

none.

It don't matter what other neighborhood I name because all you gonna say is "da heights this" and "da heights that". But I've been in all over the heights growing up and It ain't ****. It really ain't. It's overrated. I'd rather have my nice House in Jersey where I have a backyard and free parking or Where I'm at right now in South Florida where I'm not even 10 minutes from the beach and I can go to South Beach whenever I ******g feel like it over living in the sh**hole that is "da heights"

All I'm saying is, there's more to life than just the heights and if you left you're comfort zone you'd agree with me but to quote 50 "you still in the hood, dawg that ain't good" :smh: :lol:

"Im in da hood cuz im hood, you in da hood cuz you

Have no choice" -banks

Name a better Hispanic neighborhood in NYC..im

Waiting.

Back
Top Bottom