NYC Storm destroyed my house and car... NEED HELP!!!

I was at home around 5:00PM, and the storm came into Queens like Wizard of Oz.  A car alarm went off outside of my house and I looked out the window.  The tree infront my house came down onto the house then onto my car....  Half of my house and car is demolished.  What should I do from here? Does Insurance cover the car and house repair?  The tree fell on to the middle of the car and squashed my whole roof making it look like a convertible now.  Is the car a total lost or is it repairable?  Please help...

Update: Called the insurance and 311 to take care of the issues.  Everyone safe but sadly my car is a total loss...

Lets continue this thread by telling your own story of the storm in NYC.

This is what my car looks like now...
sick.gif
mad.gif

35a9f69.jpg

I was at home around 5:00PM, and the storm came into Queens like Wizard of Oz.  A car alarm went off outside of my house and I looked out the window.  The tree infront my house came down onto the house then onto my car....  Half of my house and car is demolished.  What should I do from here? Does Insurance cover the car and house repair?  The tree fell on to the middle of the car and squashed my whole roof making it look like a convertible now.  Is the car a total lost or is it repairable?  Please help...

Update: Called the insurance and 311 to take care of the issues.  Everyone safe but sadly my car is a total loss...

Lets continue this thread by telling your own story of the storm in NYC.

This is what my car looks like now...
sick.gif
mad.gif

35a9f69.jpg

Was your house the one they showed on the news? Mann. I looked up and seen everything was blackish-grayish. Like W TF!?

Was your house the one they showed on the news? Mann. I looked up and seen everything was blackish-grayish. Like W TF!?

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear about that. It's probably safe to say your car is totaled though. You'd literally have to chop of the top of your car, find a "replacement top", weld all that back on blah blah blah. Hopefully your insurance covers the house though, that's what matters most.

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear about that. It's probably safe to say your car is totaled though. You'd literally have to chop of the top of your car, find a "replacement top", weld all that back on blah blah blah. Hopefully your insurance covers the house though, that's what matters most.

why are u on NT when you should be talking or calling ur insurance company? 
I can almost picture a dude with half his house gone, sitting in the other half on his laptop 
laugh.gif

na, but seriously, im sorry about ur damages, call the insurance companies and ask them. 

why are u on NT when you should be talking or calling ur insurance company? 
I can almost picture a dude with half his house gone, sitting in the other half on his laptop 
laugh.gif

na, but seriously, im sorry about ur damages, call the insurance companies and ask them. 

As me and my boys were driving back home, we some some dudes car covered with big tree branches on top of a dudes car. We end up helping the dude by removing some of the branches that were on top of his car. He was lucky, because he only had a few dents and dings on his roof.

As me and my boys were driving back home, we some some dudes car covered with big tree branches on top of a dudes car. We end up helping the dude by removing some of the branches that were on top of his car. He was lucky, because he only had a few dents and dings on his roof.

It depends what your insurance covers.

Here there are levels of insurance for everything. For cars you need full insurance for it to be covered for stuff like that.

It depends what your insurance covers.

Here there are levels of insurance for everything. For cars you need full insurance for it to be covered for stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom