NYC to get a whole lot more interesting 2020 VOL. eliminating cash bail

They try to pass this in CA last yr.
CA said nope.

you don’t have funds to bail, don’t get caught

Are you qualified? Who's many? You're telling me that Rikers is packed to the brim with people who are all claiming innocence? ***** please.

I am. I worked in a jail/prison for years and the awaiting trial unit was over crowded and made up close to half the entire population simply because inmates couldn't get bail for dumb sh*t like possession or violation of probation.

Y’all overreacting. Bunch of sensationalists.

this is only for nonviolent felonies and misdemeanors. People pushing some weight or stealing from5 below don’t pose as much of a risk for society as y’all think.
Here is the list of charges that will no longer quality holding a suspect on bail.

• Assault in the third degree
  • Aggravated vehicular assault
  • Aggravated assault upon a person less than eleven years old
  • Criminally negligent homicide
  • Aggravated vehicular homicide
  • Manslaughter in the second degree
  • Unlawful imprisonment in the first degree
  • Coercion in the first degree
  • Arson in the third and fourth degree
  • Grand larceny in the first degree
  • Criminal possession of a weapon on school grounds or criminal possession of a firearm
  • Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the first and second degree
  • Criminal sale of a controlled substance in the first and second degree
  • Criminal sale of a controlled substance in or near school grounds
  • Specified felony drug offenses involving the use of children, including the use of a child to commit a controlled substance offense and criminal sale of a controlled substance to a child
  • Criminal solicitation in the first degree and criminal facilitation in the first degree
  • Money laundering in support of terrorism in the third and fourth degree
  • Making a terroristic threat
  • Patronizing a person for prostitution in a school zone
  • Promoting an obscene sexual performance by a child
  • Possessing an obscene sexual performance by a child
  • Promoting a sexual performance by a child
  • Failure to register as a sex offender
  • Obstructing governmental administration in the first and second degree
  • Obstructing governmental administration by means of a self-defense spray device
  • Bribery in the first degree
  • Bribe giving for public office
  • Bribe receiving in the first degree
  • Promoting prison contraband in the first and second degree
  • Resisting arrest
  • Hindering prosecution
  • Tampering with a juror and tampering with physical evidence
  • Aggravated harassment in the first degree
  • Directing a laser at an aircraft in the first degree
  • Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree
  • Criminal sale of a firearm to a minor
  • Enterprise corruption and money laundering in the first degree
  • Aggravated cruelty to animals, overdriving, torturing and injuring animals
  • Failure to provide proper sustenance
  • Animal fighting

Now it was sold that it would only apply to non violent felonies and misdemeanors but like I said in another thread, they pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.
They used rhetoric like "no one should be in rikers for small amounts of marijuana or stealing a backpack". EVERYONE in their right mind would agree with that. But that's not what is actually happening.

"Bout to be like the early 90's" :lol: :smh:

I didn't say da "80's" for a reason..... different level of street heat, hunger out there.

early 90's was "it was getting better but u will get pressed if not careful, protect yo neck".

this era straight willy wonka Disney land Teletubbies... except that to come to an abrupt end, is my point.

And think from the victims perspective. Cat slaps you up, then tries to run you over on a Sunday.
Then you see him out and about on y'all block on Monday. How safe do you feel in your own neighborhood now.

Yes he deserves due process, but while his case is pending he's no longer a threat?

I told myself I wasn't going to post much in this thread. Some people have there mind made up and no matter how many facts and real life scenarios will change that. There goes that idea.

I didn't say da "80's" for a reason..... different level of street heat, hunger out there.

early 90's was "it was getting better but u will get pressed if not careful, protect yo neck".

this era straight willy wonka Disney land Teletubbies... except that to come to an abrupt end, is my point.
The early 90's were statistically more dangerous in NYC, and by a decent margin too...Alot more killers roaming the streets during this time and I doubt anything will come close to that time, then it started to take a sharp decline in 95...This was how it was in most cities at the time matter fact, early 90's exploded with crime due to the build up of all the bs in the 80's especially murders

And even if you said the 80's it still wouldnt be a good point cuz crime aint going back to that either just cuz of no cash bail....But go ahead and try to spin it again :lol: :smh:

Here is the list of charges that will no longer quality holding a suspect on bail.

• Assault in the third degree
  • Aggravated vehicular assault
  • Aggravated assault upon a person less than eleven years old
  • Criminally negligent homicide
  • Aggravated vehicular homicide
  • Manslaughter in the second degree
  • Unlawful imprisonment in the first degree
  • Coercion in the first degree
  • Criminal possession of a weapon on school grounds or criminal possession of a firearm
  • Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the first and second degree
  • Criminal sale of a controlled substance in the first and second degree
  • Criminal sale of a controlled substance in or near school grounds
  • Specified felony drug offenses involving the use of children, including the use of a child to commit a controlled substance offense and criminal sale of a controlled substance to a child
  • Criminal solicitation in the first degree and criminal facilitation in the first degree
  • Money laundering in support of terrorism in the third and fourth degree
  • Making a terroristic threat
  • Patronizing a person for prostitution in a school zone
  • Promoting an obscene sexual performance by a child
  • Possessing an obscene sexual performance by a child
  • Promoting a sexual performance by a child
  • Failure to register as a sex offender
  • Obstructing governmental administration in the first and second degree
  • Obstructing governmental administration by means of a self-defense spray device
  • Bribery in the first degree
  • Bribe giving for public office
  • Bribe receiving in the first degree
  • Promoting prison contraband in the first and second degree
  • Resisting arrest
  • Hindering prosecution
  • Tampering with a juror and tampering with physical evidence
  • Aggravated harassment in the first degree
  • Directing a laser at an aircraft in the first degree
  • Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree
  • Criminal sale of a firearm to a minor
  • Enterprise corruption and money laundering in the first degree
  • Aggravated cruelty to animals, overdriving, torturing and injuring animals
  • Failure to provide proper sustenance
  • Animal fighting
Welp not sure how 80% of that list isn’t considered a violent felony. Figured this was just about people getting caught with some drugs and other racially motivated arrests. NY failed on this one.

The early 90's were statistically more dangerous in NYC

more crimes were reported because Rudy was deploying Broken Windows and Cops were waaaay more aggressive and proactive than their prior reactivate stance from da 80's.

Sooo basically if you were sitting waiting to be seen by a judge, they let you out? Good muh fuh. Let all those cats with tickets out for the holidays.

Yet you still can’t tell if someone is an illegal immigrant by looking at them
So that leads to only one conclusion that you are a racist

and get off your high horse...did you serve? Is that why? Well me too I been all around the world as well. It actually has nothing to do with what you said anyways.
I'm pretty sure I can finger an illegal immigrant who fits the description. My eyes and experiences are my own. My journeys around the world come from passport stamps and deployments. But my home grown street smarts made that determination. Anyone willing to ride in NYC on a Sunday with a van full of guys who look like they be chilling in home Depot parking lots looking for work on a daily. Do I have to give you a vivid dramatization of an event for you to take my word for it?

Quick to throw the race card around, not knowing my life at all .. my baby's mom's is El Salvadorian btw...

Your life experiences really don't have any holding on assuming the nationality of a person.

I think this is the problem. Instead of recognizing the flaw in your thought process, you dig in your heels.

I'm pretty sure I can finger an illegal immigrant who fits the description. My eyes and experiences are my own. My journeys around the world come from passport stamps and deployments. But my home grown street smarts made that determination. Anyone willing to ride in NYC on a Sunday with a van full of guys who look like they be chilling in home Depot parking lots looking for work on a daily. Do I have to give you a vivid dramatization of an event for you to take my word for it?

Quick to throw the race card around, not knowing my life at all .. my baby's mom's is El Salvadorian btw...
You sound racist af dude I don’t care if you’re having sex with a Latina Thomas Jefferson ****ed mad slaves.

insurance fraud gon see a uptick.

and RIP for anyone doing loss prevention at ANY store..NO BAIL for grand Larceny in da 1st degree :lol:

boosters bout to be boostin. heard LA is da preverbial booster capital right now with roaming boosters marauding cuz they already got that law on da books.

Back
Top Bottom