• C. Leonardo (the leader)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. Donatello (The smart one)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
:wow:

Son, there's no way Rose really put on a private show for Rose :rofl:

Carmelo rocking the Jeremy Lin jersey :rofl:

This is starting to remind me of the 'Entourage' episode when Vince fires Ari, and every new agency he goes to makes the same exact recruiting pitch 
laugh.gif

I find it so comical that people want to trash Melo about how he doesn't make teams better because he isn't a leader and plays poor defense yet the amount of thirst is unreal to get him on their team....

:smh: :x :stoneface:

Last edited:
MELO gets the hate because he plays for the knicks... i dont remember people hating on him much in denver... i dont get the hate for the knicks in general to be honest... havent won anything since the 70s but still people cant keep the knicks out their mouth

Y'all really should let us get that 27.4 ppg and 8.1 rpg

Side note: LeBron averaged 4 WHOLE assist more than Melo per game... While only trailing him by a tenth of a point and a few tenths of a reb... As an individual player he performed better than Melo, so he actually deserved to win ROY

This is exactly what Melo wants and what I expected out of this free agency.

He gets recruited, he gets the media attention, he gets the teams fawning over him and praising him, and then he comes to NY on his last stop and says "I was never going to leave" as he signs his enormous contract :lol:

I'm not mad at him over it.. I think a lot of players who do the same thing if teams were lining up to recruit you. The only thing I don't want is him complaining in a couple years if the Knicks are trash and we're hurt by his huge contract. You can't have it both ways, you don't get a chance to leave, be paid handsomely, then complain if the team isn't good enough.

I'm just over it. I wasn't a Melo fan back in his Nuggets days, he was cool, but not my favorite, and his stretch in NY has been a wash to me. He's put forth the effort on the court and I can't fault him for guys like JR, Tyson, Felton, regressing and Woodson sucking, etc, but I'll never quite like how he got here but whatever, it's in the past.

For me, the best thing for everyone is to just move on. Melo's made enough money, he doesn't need the huge contract NY can offer him. He gets to compete with better teams in Houston or Chicago, we get to start from scratch and try to do a real re-build, win-win. I'm more on board with him coming back if he takes less than his max... but I won't be surprised when he eventually re-signs for his full money.

Side note: LeBron averaged 4 WHOLE assist more than Melo per game... While only trailing him by a tenth of a point and a few tenths of a reb... As an individual player he performed better than Melo, so he actually deserved to win ROY

he averaged 3.1 more assists, not 4. his team didnt make the playoffs, so that melo should already have the upper hand for ROY. name an mvp that was on a team that wasnt in the playoffs. they should of at least had co-ROYs.

he averaged 3.1 more assists, not 4. his team didnt make the playoffs, so that melo should already have the upper hand for ROY. name an mvp that was on a team that wasnt in the playoffs. they should of at least had co-ROYs.

You're right it was 3.1, my math was off at that quick glance.

You realize you said his TEAM didn't make the playoffs as a means of a knock against him for a INDIVIDUAL award for first year players? You think that should be a realistic criterion?

I'm 50/50 on Melo staying or going. At the end I want this team to win something more than anything.

Personally I don't think Melo is the only way to get there.

Give us Taj and two future firsts if Melo really wants to go to your team... Oh forget taking Boozer back you'd need to convince your owner to eat that via amnesty....

Last edited:

Give us Taj and two future firsts if Melo really wants to go to your team... Oh forget taking Boozer back you'd need to convince your owner to eat that via amnesty....

He wants to play with Taj, one of the reasons I think he's even looking at us is because we have all of the pieces to do the dirty work needed so getting rid of Taj would be counter productive.

For me, the best thing for everyone is to just move on. Melo's made enough money, he doesn't need the huge contract NY can offer him. He gets to compete with better teams in Houston or Chicago, we get to start from scratch and try to do a real re-build, win-win. I'm more on board with him coming back if he takes less than his max... but I won't be surprised when he eventually re-signs for his full money.
But aren't you tired of the amount of times we even attempt to rebuild and start from scratch. That was tried back when Pringles was here.

I mean you really want us to start from zero and a team like the Pelicans and suck for like 6 years getting players through the draft until we get to the playoffs again? I just can't accept that after the past decade and it also feels a bit unrealistic given this is NYC and some superstar is gonna want to come here at some point anyway.

Not to mention Phil has never struck me as the type to want to start from scratch. That's not his winning strategy. He aint Pop building off what he has. Phil takes some of the best and molds them in to champions.

Re-sign Melo, draft well next year, attract another high caliber free agent and go from there. Build a team that fits the triangle. Difference from now and the past is we have a plan. Donnie had a plan, but Dolan botched it. He won't be able to do that with Phil's plan.

You realize you said his TEAM didn't make the playoffs as a means of a knock against him for a INDIVIDUAL award for first year players? You think that should be a realistic criterion?

yeah i think playoffs is a criteria. if a player averages 50ppg, but his team finishes last in the conference, how is that player actually valuable to the team? yeah he can score, but doesnt make the team better. stats arent everything my man. every mvp has brought his team to the playoffs. its a bit different for rookies, because usually the top rookies go to the worst teams, so its not a fair comparison, but the fact that melo took denver to the playoffs is something.

yeah i think playoffs is a criteria. if a player averages 50ppg, but his team finishes last in the conference, how is that player actually valuable to the team? yeah he can score, but doesnt make the team better. stats arent everything my man. every mvp has brought his team to the playoffs. its a bit different for rookies, because usually the top rookies go to the worst teams, so its not a fair comparison, but the fact that melo took denver to the playoffs is something.

The disconnect I see with your stance is that you're using the criteria for the MVP for the Rookie of the Year, which is about which first year player had the better individual year and that was clearly him. At that time he was the only rookie outside of Oscar and Mike to average 20, 5, & 5 and his team also saw a significant bump in win totals. While Melo had an amazing year and lived up to everything he was labeled as coming into the League, LeBron deserved to win the ROY.

The disconnect I see with your stance is that you're using the criteria for the MVP for the Rookie of the Year, which is about which first year player had the better individual year and that was clearly him. At that time he was the only rookie outside of Oscar and Mike to average 20, 5, & 5 and his team also saw a significant bump in win totals. While Melo had an amazing year and lived up to everything he was labeled as coming into the League, LeBron deserved to win the ROY.

When Melo got to Denver they went from a 17 win team to a 43 win team. in the west

LBJ, 17 to 35 in the east.

Back
Top Bottom