Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Dude on twitter said, the Bargnani deal might not have been the worst trade made in NY last year.....Brooklyn's trade might have been worst.

Hit the Alonzo gif immediately
alonzo gif meaning he's right, right?

because he is. camby and q rich were immediately released I believe. novak was worth a little something with his 3 ball but might have been the worst defender I've ever seen in life. the 2 second rounders are kind of a wash to me because we got 2 of them in a deal this year and in 2017 if phil really want one again i dont think it'll be hard to get.

that leaves the first round pick. so Bargs for a first rounder, basically. Thats not completely terrible. To look on the bright side, he had some decent moments and still has potential for some if he stays, and then he expires. the biggest negative is his salary prevented us from making moves THIS offseason.

The nets gave up Gerald Wallace who I'd take on my bench any day, marshon brooks who I'd probably take a flyer on too, kris humphries, who is only disliked because of his reputation and I wouldnt mind on my bench either, and THREE, count them, THREE, first rounders. for Terry only to release him before seasons end, pierce only for him to dip out after one season, and KG. 

This is the first time I REALLY analyzed that trade, and it is ******* brutal. Billy King should not have a job right now.

I don't think it was 3 first rounders. I read an article and they said it was really one or two. It was confusing though. Both trades are HORRIBLE. I still can't believe we gave up a 1st for Bargs and two 2nd picks for him. Hahahahaha, it's such a bad trade that I can laugh at it now.

I don't think it was 3 first rounders. I read an article and they said it was really one or two. It was confusing though. Both trades are HORRIBLE. I still can't believe we gave up a 1st for Bargs and two 2nd picks for him. Hahahahaha, it's such a bad trade that I can laugh at it now.
My dude, it was three of them thangs. UNPROTECTED

Last summer, Danny Ainge was universally praised around the league for the trade return he fetched from the Brooklyn Nets for giving up Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett as he looked to build for the Celtics’ future.

As a quick refresher, let’s go over that full exchange from July 2013:

Nets received:  Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and an overpaid Jason Terry

Celtics received:  Keith Bogans, Gerald Wallace, Marshon Brooks, Kris Humphries, three unprotected first round picks (2014, 2016, 2018) and the right to swap first round picks with the Nets in 2017.

Ainge also got a trade exception which he used to make moves this offseason as well, and this is the final overhaul from the trade:

Three unprotected first round picks from Brooklyn, one top-10 protected pick from Cleveland, the right to swap picks with Brooklyn in 2017, Tyler Zeller (#17 overall pick in 2012), a few serviceable players on bad contracts (Brooks, Wallace, Humphries), and an unguaranteed contract trade chip (Keith Bogans). Oh, and Boston was also able to dump Jason Terry’s deal in the trade, too.

Say what you want about him getting KG in his lap, the man puts in WORK.

Some dude in the NBA thread posted an article about how BK didn't own certain picks or some ****. I still don't understand how teams trade picks but then say it's not theirs or some ****.

^false, they own(ed) them and they are unprotected. meaning when the nets are inevitably trash and in the lottery, they will still be the celtics picks. 

Last edited:
"...I am a New York Knick at heart. I am looking forward to continue my career in Orange & Blue and to work with Phil Jackson, a champion who builds championship teams. Madison Square Garden is the mecca of basketball and I am surrounded by the greatest fans in the world."

:pimp:

I'm really happy Melo is back. I respect him so much more as a player and person. (The message he left on his website was beautiful lol). Even though the money is too hard to walk away from, he didn't run from a tough situation and God blesses those who wait. In this case I hope it's him, us and the Knicks lol.

Looking forward to the moves Phil has up his sleeve. I truly believe Barg will get traded before the season starts. I'm fine with Stat staying but that other mf needs to go.

And from the looks of it Fish is gonna have a good first season as a coach. A lot of ppl thought it was a bad move, but I like the fact that since he's a rookie head coach he can still be molded and be open-minded and not stuck in his ways. What better way to be taught than by the zen master himself?

Can't wait next off season when we target Gasol and Lebron (I KID).

Cheers Knicks fans. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom