• B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
In the JR interview...

Does anyone know what Stephen A. meant when he said Felton definitely wasn't himself last year, and he knows why, but can't say because he's on national TV? The only thing I'm thinking of is the gun thing, but why wouldn't he self-censor about that

Last edited:
If JR starts to knocks down his jumpers on a consistent basis then I can't see Phil trying to trade him. You can never have enough shooters in a triangle offense.

In the JR interview...

Does anyone know what Stephen A. meant when he said Felton definitely wasn't himself last year, and he knows why, but can't say because he's on national TV? The only thing I'm thinking of is the gun thing, but why wouldn't he self-censor about that

It was the gun thing but what he didn't want to say on TV was about Felton's wife, basically he's disgusted she turned him in :lol: but I guess he can't disrespect a woman

JR gets paid 6 mill a year. As much of a headache he is, for a 15ppg player thats the ballpark, and with this roster we kinda need him.

I rather keep him unless we get a 2015 expiring or a pick in return.

Last edited:
If JR starts to knocks down his jumpers on a consistent basis then I can't see Phil trying to trade him. You can never have enough shooters in a triangle offense.
JR gets paid 6 mill a year. As much of a headache he is, for a 15ppg player thats the ballpark, and with this roster we kinda need him.

I rather keep him unless we get a 2015 expiring or a pick in return.
I want to remember this, then if they make the playoffs and he goes left, I want to see if you still want him. He's a 10 year vet that you can't count on when you need him. I've seen enough. 

Last edited:
As inconsistent as JR as, i would hate to see him go. He also seems to be saying the right things in that video that was posted earlier for what that's worth.

I feel like amare can still play at that level he just chooses to not do it and save it for certain occasions.
when SN wouldn't allow him on the court despite him saying his body is feeling good, what cld he do? EVERYBODY saw stat coming back to rare form once he was healthy & getting consistent PT. Im ecstatic to see what happens this season under new tutelage because I think people are sleeping on amare & how beastly this team really is.

Last edited:
Not many people in the NBA thread have us making the playoffs. :lol:

I'm fine with being the under the radar team tho. It's a lot better to have low expectations and be surprised than to be let down like last season.

trading JR? eff that man.

we dont have any money to spend on another scorer. besides Melo, JR the only one that can go off at any given night. dont forget with a past 1st guard in Jose.

sure he's frustrating to watch, sure he makes bad decisions. but teams have to pay attention to him just bc he can score.

dont be fooled with Amare's play the last couple years too. sure Amare has good offensive numbers, low turnover rate. but for every 15 pts he had, he was giving up 20-25 on defense.

although, if that source is credible, Phil is addressing the low post scoring in Landry, Thompson. and another stretch 4 in Erson.

*cue gif of Denver JR doing his antics, after he hit a 3, in front of Phil*

Did anyone else listen to that JR interview and think he seemed like he would rather play Golf then Basketball?

Maybe im just reading too much into his bad season last year but he just didn't sound motivated

Did anyone else listen to that JR interview and think he seemed like he would rather play Golf then Basketball?

Maybe im just reading too much into his bad season last year but he just didn't sound motivated

I don't blame him honestly.

After coming off a 50 win season and then to see nothing goin right, he probably just ave up

Not many people in the NBA thread have us making the playoffs. :lol:

I'm fine with being the under the radar team tho. It's a lot better to have low expectations and be surprised than to be let down like last season.

the hate is strong especially since we still got melo and a lot of teams missed out :lol:... last year we lost 5-7 games when we had the lead in the 4th quarter but still lost the game and a lot of games in general we lost at home or to garbage teams... with the new coaching staff i think we win those games we lost last year so that should easily put us in the playoffs... we missed the playoffs by 1 game last year and 1 of those games we blew a lead to atlanta... so we should have made it...

now that ive watched some summer league games, i realized how much of an impact dfish has. not necessarily because were undefeated, but how he talks/treats the players. dfish seems like a much better and more involved leader than woodson was. not to mention a lot of players around the league have respect for the man.

i think jr goes back to his 6th man year now that theyll be playing in a better system and will have a coach and front office that are on the same page. if the man has 13 rings, you listen to him. phil commands respect and deserves it and only a fool wouldnt follow his guidance.

i think shump will improve too. i dont think buy a whole lot, but if he can give us even a fraction of what ive seen in these pick up games, id be happy. i dont see why shump cant average 15ppg, 5rebs, 3asts, and a couple steals. he has the athleticism and jumper, he just need the confidence. hopefully, dfish will help him there, where woodson failed to do so.

I like how JR said, we weren't on the same page. Players wanted to do their own thing. Woodson had no control and players weren't responding to him. Goodbye

I want to bang Lala so damn bad :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
trading JR? eff that man.

we dont have any money to spend on another scorer. besides Melo, JR the only one that can go off at any given night. dont forget with a past 1st guard in Jose.

sure he's frustrating to watch, sure he makes bad decisions. but teams have to pay attention to him just bc he can score.

i agree. i mean who else would be our second scoring option? i cant trust stat to be that 2nd guy, because hes too fragile. unfortunately, we actually need jr. yeah thjr can get buckets, but hes more of a defensive liability than jr. actually, jr isnt a bad defender. hes not great, but average.

Like other people have said already, we lost a lot of games in the 4th quarter where we had a lead. We also lost a couple of games in the final possessions of the game as well, because of Raymond Felton's horrible defense.

Much of those issues are considered coaching issues and could be corrected with proper discipline. I'm interested to see what improvements we've made as a team in that department.

I'd be happy if Iman can average 10 a game shooting around 42% :lol:

if youre playing 30 min, it is unacceptable if you dont average more than 10ppg unless you average 8 or 9 rebs/assists.
Your setting Iman up for failure if those are the standards your creating.

Y'all want him to average 15....he barely averaged 7 in just under 27 minutes a game last year. And you guys are the ones defending him but giving him unrealistic expectations at the same time.

The man is a 3 and D guy. Hit your 3s, guard your man, don't step outside your limitations.

You guys comfortable paying Shump 7-14 mill a year? Cause that's what he's gonna get offered around the league if he has a good season.

Back
Top Bottom