Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
well the reports say that Phil is looking to trade him and Ellington so I am thinking a package deal. 

The only product of that I would assume would be draft pick(s).

If we can get rid of Shump, JR, and Ellington would be ideal.

I agree with this statement. But I still have faith in Shumpert. The guy wasn't put in the right situation to succeed at all. Woodson wasn't partial to him, for whatever reason. I still think with the right system and coaching, he could be a phenomenal player in the NBA.

The masochist in me wants to see what JR does in the triangle, but if the right deal comes along, ship him out ASAP. Was hoping that Monroe deal would come to fruition.

Prigs does the little things man. You need that on your club, especially when the guy is barely being paid a salary, and he's a good teammate and leader.

I want to see how JR does in the Triangle as well. IF he plays the system correctly, he should be able to catch a lot of open corner 3's from Melo or the post-player this year. I've had a chance to really watch the Triangle this summer league and one thing I noticed was that if you have a decent post player or someone who commands double teams, the corner is usually always open.

100% agree with Frank on his comments about Prigioni. Spot on analysis.

I'd love to see a rotation of Calderon-Toure-Larkin

What's the infatuation with Toure Murray? I really do not understand it. He's a decent defender, but he makes too many mistakes when he has the ball.

Fair, but he was killing the Spurs and Thunder last year.

Calderon was killing a lot of teams when he's open and hitting his shots.

Toure barely knew how to bring the ball up last year as well. I feel like he could become a decent role player, but he's got a lot to learn still if he's gonna be a 1 in the NBA.

I agree with this statement. But I still have faith in Shumpert. The guy wasn't put in the right situation to succeed at all. Woodson wasn't partial to him, for whatever reason. I still think with the right system and coaching, he could be a phenomenal player in the NBA.
I want to see how JR does in the Triangle as well. IF he plays the system correctly, he should be able to catch a lot of open corner 3's from Melo or the post-player this year. I've had a chance to really watch the Triangle this summer league and one thing I noticed was that if you have a decent post player or someone who commands double teams, the corner is usually always open.

100% agree with Frank on his comments about Prigioni. Spot on analysis.
What's the infatuation with Toure Murray? I really do not understand it. He's a decent defender, but he makes too many mistakes when he has the ball.
Calderon was killing a lot of teams when he's open and hitting his shots.

Best case scneario is that Shump improves and becomes trade bait to a willing team. I always thought even if he improved, he's going to want more than what the Knicks should be willing to give him. Looking at the inflated contracts this past offseason, he's going to want a lot.

Toure is a prototypical sized PG nowadays. I think in a methodical system such as this one he can really contribute. Calderon is no bull like Lowry, but the dude is high IQ and can shoot. He put it to Russy last season.

Best case scneario is that Shump improves and becomes trade bait to a willing team. I always thought even if he improved, he's going to want more than what the Knicks should be willing to give him. Looking at the inflated contracts this past offseason, he's going to want a lot.

Toure is a prototypical sized PG nowadays. I think in a methodical system such as this one he can really contribute. Calderon is no bull like Lowry, but the dude is high IQ and can shoot. He put it to Russy last season.

I agree with Shump in the money aspect thing.

Toure can't shoot though. What good is that size if you can't handle the ball and shoot?

Calderon is a great player when he's on. Unfortunately, it's not consistent.

You lost me at Calderone! LOL. Not a fan of calderones game but have only watched him play a few times so I'm open to give him a chance.
You might not like him, but he's more solid than you think
its not him, its his game. LOL.

You lost me at Calderone! LOL. Not a fan of calderones game but have only watched him play a few times so I'm open to give him a chance.

Fair, but he was killing the Spurs and Thunder last year.
I missed most of those games. Despite my reservations he can't possibly be any worse than Svelton..,[emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji]

So experience, hitting 90% of his open 3s, making 0 mistakes, and being a floor general is easily replaceable now? ESPECIALLY at his price.

I swear some of you guys only care about athleticism and stat sheets.

- Prigs should go. Not because I want him too but the man was told to come back for a chance to compete and that definitely did not happen. If he's gonna spend one more year in the league he should at least actually get a chance on a contender, that's why he came over in the first place. We might end up with a winning record next year but this is a transitional period. Leading to my next point...

- We do have to give Larkin a shot...he might be young but that won't last forever. Gotta get them out there now so they can learn.

- Calderon is a deadeye shooter and a great passer, not good at creating shots off the dribble or as a drive and kick guy.

- I have mixed emotions on Shumpert. Toure is just a SG who's a willing passer. Actually trying to utilize him as a PG is unfair to him because he'll come up short most of the time. He can't actually run an offense through set plays or create for others but he'll move the ball around.

Last edited:
I'd rather have 12 points 10 assists and 3 turnovers over 2 points 3 assists 0 turnovers

I'd rather have 12 points 10 assists and 3 turnovers over 2 points 3 assists 0 turnovers

As a Knick, Jason Kidd averaged 6ppg 3rbs 4asts, but he was one of the main reasons why we had 50+ wins.

Kendall Marshall had 8pts 9asts on a 27 win Laker team.

What do you think about that?

Last edited:
66 games 19.4mpg 46.1% FG 46.4% 3pt 91.7% FT 2rebs 3.5asts 1stl 0.9TO and 3.8ppg

at 37 years old and only making $1,591,350 thats not bad at all

but then again some of yall expect john stockton to be our 3rd string pg

Last edited:
As a Knick, Jason Kidd averaged 6ppg 3rbs 4asts, but he was one of the main reasons why we had 50+ wins.

You're comparing the lakers 2013 lineup to ours right now. I hope you realize that.

66 games 19.4mpg 46.1% FG 46.4% 3pt 91.7% FT 2rebs 3.5asts 1stl 0.9TO and 3.8ppg

I'd rather have his 1.6m plus Ellington's contract freed up than to keep a 37 year old on the pay roll

You're comparing the lakers 2013 lineup to ours right now. I hope you realize that.

Exactly. Which proves that numbers dont mean anything.

Clearly you said you rather have 12-10. You think Kendall has 12-10 on this team? Because imo he'd be 2 and 3 in 15 mpg as well but without anywhere near the same impact.

What 1.6 mill player will have the same impact on the court?

Last edited:
Exactly. Which proves that numbers dont mean anything.

Clearly you said you rather have 12-10. You think Kendall has 12-10 on this team? Because imo he'd be 2 and 3 in 15 mpg as well but without anywhere near the same impact.

What 1.6 mill player will have the same impact on the court?
If Marshall took Pablo's minutes I don't see why he couldn't put up those scoring numbers (he would also get more minutes than Pablo did because he is in his 20s)

If we get rid of him and elfington, we don't need a 1.6 player, that's why we are getting rid of him.

I have no problem getting rid of Priggy if we are getting an upgrade. If we just getting rid of him to shed a 37 year old player there's no point in doing it. I don't see any team giving up anything worthwhile for said 37 yo player. I think prigs is a capable 3rd stringer

i dont know if the triangle includes pick n rolls but if it does i expect stat to feast if healthy... now that tyson is gone amare could go back to his bread and butter play

This made me randomly look up Stockton's stat line at 37....

82 games...12.1 ppg  8.6 APG  50% FG  1.7 SPG   2.2 TPG 
sick.gif

That proves it. At 37 a player needs to be cut! Lol

We wouldn't be having this discussion if our 37 year old was playing to that kind of level. (Not saying he should be/someone else is)
My bad I thought age was your factor on Priggy. Theres a reason he was in the rotation last year over Toure and still be ahead of him if Priggy ain't traded. And we all know Priggy ain't no damn John Stockton they only thing they have in common is position and playing at 37...

Back
Top Bottom