Norris Cole
Patrick Beverly
Party Mills
Daren Collison
Kendall Marshall
DJ Augustin
CJ Watson

And that's it really.

To be honest, this looks like a list of backup players that happen to be PGs. And Prigs is better at running a team than any of those guys. They may have other advantages athletically, but none are better point guards. Those guys don't make their teammates better.

I would have taken Bradley and Marshall off and added Jack and Livingston. Kendall Marshall would just watch you get beat up 
laugh.gif
I didn't think Jack + JR would be a good idea, and I wasn't sure if we were classifying Livingston as a 1. But Marshall is an unreal distributer, but realistically not the best fit in the triangle, but better than Prigs.

You don't like bradley?

No, a point guard that distributes well, can score when needed, plays good defense, is quick/athletic, AND doesn't make mistakes, is a quality point guard

This definition applies to Prigs. He distributed the ball better than any PG we had, took charges and stole the ball on inbounds, can get to the hole, hit open threes when they were needed, and made little to no mistakes. None of latter applied to Felton. He was atrocious.

Have fun getting those guys at the same price as Prig's contract. This team has no leaders and y'all wanna move one of its only leaders cause he's old and we're not a contender. Well gee whiz, why don't we just trade everyone besides Melo and Timmy then? I don't trade Prigs. I move Shump and Ellington before him.

That's actually the definition of a quality PG.

No, a point guard that distributes well, can score when needed, plays good defense, is quick/athletic, AND doesn't make mistakes, is a quality point guard
Please name 10 guys that fit this description. Cause it sounds like you want a borderline all star a your backup. Y'all got me feeling like a curmudgeon today :lol:

Last edited:
To be honest, this looks like a list of backup players that happen to be PGs. And Prigs is better at running a team than any of those guys. They may have other advantages athletically, but none are better point guards. Those guys don't make their teammates better.
Reallu? for example Marshall's 477 assists doesn't help his teammates as much s Pablo's 228?

This definition applies to Prigs. He distributed the ball better than any PG we had, took charges and stole the ball on inbounds, can get to the hole, hit open threes when they were needed, and made little to no mistakes. None of latter applied to Felton. He was atrocious.
I agree he was better than felton, but let's not pretend Prigioni was getting to the hole that effectively. It looked as if the NBA game was too fast for him. I'm ready to move on.

I would have taken Bradley and Marshall off and added Jack and Livingston. Kendall Marshall would just watch you get beat up 
laugh.gif
I didn't think Jack + JR would be a good idea, and I wasn't sure if we were classifying Livingston as a 1. But Marshall is an unreal distributer, but realistically not the best fit in the triangle, but better than Prigs.

You don't like bradley?
Bradley is good, but I think more defense when I think of him as opposed to running the offense. Livingston is def 1.

Now look at the contracts of these younger pt guards and compare priggys. If Priggy was their age he'd be a starter someplace. He has no trade value so either waive him or let him cook since anybody obtained In a trade would be useless unless PJ does a Zendi mind trick...

when calderon is resting and larkin is getting out of control, who else would you rather have be the 3rd pg at that price? oh wait there isnt anyone. prigs is happy playing is 15min or so a game and hitting the occasional 3, distributing, taking care of the ball, and stealing a couple inbound passes. for what is asked of him, the minutes hes given, AND his salary, you guys cant be seriously asking for more.

Have fun getting those guys at the same price as Prig's contract. This team has no leaders and y'all wanna move one of its only leaders cause he's old and we're not a contender. Well gee whiz, why don't we just trade everyone besides Melo and Timmy then? I don't trade Prigs. I move Shump and Ellington before him.
Shump has a potential that Phil is willing to wait a year or two on in this new system. Pablo's time is over. We know what we can get with him.

You become a contender by getting better players than the one's you have now / developing your young talent

when calderon is resting and larkin is getting out of control, who else would you rather have be the 3rd pg at that price? oh wait there isnt anyone. prigs is happy playing is 15min or so a game and hitting the occasional 3, distributing, taking care of the ball, and stealing a couple inbound passes. for what is asked of him, the minutes hes given, AND his salary, you guys cant be seriously asking for more.
This is so going to happen. Finishing is also an issue of his.

Shump won't ever be more than a 3d guy. He has no clue how to attack off the dribble. His jumper is sporadic and he's overrated defensively. You move him for someone that's actually shown signs of improvement or a draft pick that fills a void.

Last edited:
Toure was our 3rd guard last year and he was quicker and more athletic yet priggy was the more effective guard but y'all rather see him take prigs spot. Smh

hsalem hsalem , is seeing something we're all not supposedly :lol:

Prigioni was by far our best PG last season. And it wasn't because Felton was the starter. The guy is skilled and has LOTS of experience. He knows how to read defenses and can get the offense going. He was also our most consistent shooter last year from the 3.

Like others have said already--his biggest issue is his age. Had he come into the NBA 15 years ago he would've had a Hell of a career.

The masochist in me wants to see what JR does in the triangle, but if the right deal comes along, ship him out ASAP. Was hoping that Monroe deal would come to fruition.

Prigs does the little things man. You need that on your club, especially when the guy is barely being paid a salary, and he's a good teammate and leader.

Last edited:
You lost me at Calderone! LOL. Not a fan of calderones game but have only watched him play a few times so I'm open to give him a chance.

Pretty sure Murry's still a free agent. I'd like him back on a 1 year deal, but I could honestly see him heading elsewhere.

hsalem hsalem , is seeing something we're all not supposedly :lol:

Prigioni was by far our best PG last season. And it wasn't because Felton was the starter. The guy is skilled and has LOTS of experience. He knows how to read defenses and can get the offense going. He was also our most consistent shooter last year from the 3.

Like others have said already--his biggest issue is his age. Had he come into the NBA 15 years ago he would've had a Hell of a career.

idk if hed be the same player though. i think his age is wants benefiting him now because he shows his experience where he lacks in athleticism. we also need veteral leadership. look what happened when we lost kidd, sheed, kurt, and camby. im not saying theyre the sole reason why we had a good season, but it definitely helped.

Back
Top Bottom