• C. Leonardo (the leader)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. Donatello (The smart one)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wtf going on in here
roll.gif
Yo no sé

Greg Monroe has told the Detroit Pistons that he will accept the qualifying offer for the 14-15 season and become a free agent next summer.

Monroe will play for $5.479 million after he was unable to get a deal done on a long-term contract with the Pistons or any other club.

Monroe cannot be traded without his consent once he signs the qualfiying offer.

Ben Gordon and Raymond Felton are two players that have recently signed qualifying offers coming into restricted free agency.

I dont know what the **** has been going on in this thread lately but I just wanted to come in here and say:

Greg Monroe taking the QO is a very good thing for us. Now it is no longer Marc Gaol or bust for us as much as it was before.

IMO Marc Gasol still has to be our primary target to be our franchise center, mostly because he might be the best post defender in the NBA right now while Monroe's defense is often a liability, but now with Monroe being an unrestricted free agent next summer, both him and Marc Gasol will be very realistic options for us to sign to be our long term center.  

This gives us alot more leverage, which is always good to have. Both players are still extremely young and two of the best (if not THE 2 best) fits for the triangle offense that we have at the center position in entire NBA right now due to their low post games and passing skills.

Also I like to see that Melo is working to slim down a bit. I never bought into the whole notion that Melo was fat, considering that he wears that ******* body suit while he plays, but I obviously still think that it is evident from the pictures that he has slimmed down since the end of the season, and I take this as a positive sign that at the very least he is taking his new contract seriously and wants to get him self into the best shape possible to prepare himself for the future.

In general, I am almost always more of an advocate of athletes slimming down rather than bulking unless we are talking about a player who seriously needs to bulk up a little bit (see: Chandler, Tyson, chicken, legs). But especially for a player in Melo's position as a face of the franchise who plays alot of minutes and takes quite a toll on his body, I think this is another great sign for his future.

I take this as a positive sign not just in how his body will react to how he will age with a slimmer/more athletic frame (more similar to Jordan and Kobe late in their careers I might add), but also mentally in showing the fan base and the new organization that he is not just accepting a pay day and going on cruise control.

He knows that his new enormous contract comes with an even greater responsibility, and he is taking it amongst himself to show us all that he means business and he is willing to put in the work that comes along with those figures. Obviously there is alot of work left to do, but starting right away by slimming down just shows me that Melo is willing to commit himself 100% anyway that he is able to. 

So good for my man Melo. Just dont stop banging and grabbing those offensive boards now 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Yeah Monroe taking the QO now is great but there's two sides to it. I'm thinking he really wants to get paid. I'm not liking the idea of another STAT deal (even if Amar'e wasn't inured for most of it he wasn't worth jamming up our cap space. Won't be mad if he gets those 3rd options millions.

Man am I glad the gr8est didn't hop on the Spanish thing.
Imagine all of The Gr8est's long posts all in bad spanish :rofl:
Lets just get both Monroe and Gasol and call it a day.
Now you're talking like a Knicks fan :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm assuming we go after Monroe next year.

I rather have Drummond. So much talent just rotting away in Detroit.

^ ya same here... it would be weird seeing the knicks game not at the garden on christmas... i dont even like that matchup to be honest... they could have scheduled a better opponent for the christmas game instead of the wizards :smh:

Back
Top Bottom