Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Tough call. Our frontcourt is pathetic right now. Our best rebounder is out, one can only shoot/score, the other two can't even play game to game. Faried would bring lots of energy and command the glass. We'd have no spacing once Tyson gets back and we play at a slow pace so he won't be able to get out and run as much either.

Shumpert is our best perimeter defender and can hit the three but it seems like he doesn't fit. If he could strictly focus on his role as a 3 and D guy instead of constantly being told to work on areas of the game he just doesn't excel in we would get better results out of him this year. He looks like he's checked out.

What we should do is go after a PG if we're gonna trade Shumpert.

Last edited:
...I hope David Stern does the right thing and veto this trade if it true 
mean.gif

Who am i kidding 
laugh.gif

I would wait til Dec 15 and try and build up JR and Hardaway's stock until then. They would make more sense to trade since they play similar. But yeah I'd trade one of them for rebounding

Shumpert is obviously being considered in a trade, because we have Tim Hardaway Jr.

I think it's a little too soon to be banking on THJr and letting Shumpert go. He's our best perimeter defender.

It's sad to see that this trade is heavily influenced by Indiana's success recently with going big in the front court :smh:

^ you're smoking some pure thc bro

i'm still failing to see how shumpert doesn't fit. why doesn't he fit? because we have jr and hardaway? i don't know

Don't the Knicks need a Center?  And have a bunch of PFs already?  I don't get this trade at all.

Can i be honest for a second, i dont see the knicks winning a chip for 2-3 years. Now with that said, i would first let melo go. Yes let him walk, this season is a bust so lets try to get a lottery pick. Forget wiggins and parker i think Randle is great for NY or marcus smart. Next i would let amare and chandler go next year. So much cap space will clear. Lets say you get Marcus smart in the draft then summer of next year u pick up K.love. The third and final piece to this puzzle is NY own Jay z, hova will bring Durant to NY and then we can start talking champion ship. For the next 2-3 years i dont see us winning not against miami or indy or brooklyn thats just the east. Knicks fans we have to have another 2-3 years of patients sorry to say. Lastly Dolan stop holding grudges BRING BACK JVG seriously!!!

Last edited:
This organization is not patient and will never go the draft route (tank) to build a contender until there is a new owner. It is as simple as that.

We dont have a draft pick this coming draft. We alternate 1st rd picks until 2016 and wont have another until 2015.

According to nbadraft.net it predicts we will get 5th pick? Honestly if no pick then continue with my plan but go via free agency. K.love, then Durant and keep shump as a big pg.

2014 first round draft pick to Denver
New York's 2014 1st round pick to Denver [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011]; Denver may convey this pick to Orlando (see Denver Debits)

2014 second round draft pick to Houston
New York's 2014 2nd round pick to Houston [Houston-New York, 7/11/2012]

2015 second round draft pick to Houston
New York's 2015 2nd round pick to Houston [Houston-New York, 7/11/2012]

2016 first round draft pick to Denver
Denver has the right to swap its 2016 1st round pick for New York's 2016 1st round pick [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011]; New York will convey the less favorable of these two picks to Toronto (see New York Debits)

2016 first round draft pick to Toronto
New York will convey the less favorable of its 2016 1st round pick and Denver's 2016 1st round pick to Toronto (via Denver's right to swap for New York) [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011 and then New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013]

2016 second round draft pick to Sacramento
New York's 2016 2nd round pick to Sacramento (via Portland) protected for selections 31-37; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then New York's obligation to Sacramento will be extinguished [New York-Portland, 7/15/2012 and then New Orleans-Portland-Sacramento, 7/10/2013]

2017 second round draft pick to Toronto
New York's 2017 2nd round pick to Toronto [New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013]

Dammit this really sucks, honestly if the knicks are a lottery bound team by the time all star game come trade MELO. To me the knicks always trade young talents. Stop trading the future of the franchise in these draft picks. Get rid of amare/chandler/melo/jr. Keep shump and work off of that, he should be one of the building blocks of a team. Kinda the way houston did with Parsons. Now parsons became a great recruit for dwight. At point you can rock with somebody like avery bradley. To me he is a form of Rondo but his vision isnt on Rondo level. But his jumper is better. Sorry to say but I think this experiment of Melo/amare/chandler is worse then the Marbury/crawford/randolph/curry experiment of a few years back.

Dammit this really sucks, honestly if the knicks are a lottery bound team by the time all star game come trade MELO. To me the knicks always trade young talents. Stop trading the future of the franchise in these draft picks. Get rid of amare/chandler/melo/jr. Keep shump and work off of that, he should be one of the building blocks of a team. Kinda the way houston did with Parsons. Now parsons became a great recruit for dwight. At point you can rock with somebody like avery bradley. To me he is a form of Rondo but his vision isnt on Rondo level. But his jumper is better. Sorry to say but I think this experiment of Melo/amare/chandler is worse then the Marbury/crawford/randolph/curry experiment of a few years back.
Trade Melo for what? We dont own the pick this year its Denvers. Now if another lottery team wants to give us their 1st rounder for Melo thats different...and not realistic.

@WojYahooNBA: Denver has made it clear to Kenneth Faried's reps: There are no active talks involving him. Knicks offered Shumpert. Denver rejected idea.

Last edited:
man, Shumps my dude.

hate to see his name in tradr talks. if we do trade him, i want Rondo (lol) or another formidable lockdown defender

Mike Francesca just said on the radio the deal is off the table. Denver wants more than the Knicks are willing to give (sound familiar?)

That true?

Back
Top Bottom