Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Did anybody spot AT at the game? I didn't watch, I was busy. 
nerd.gif

#Knicks May Be Missing the Point

NY-CS779_SP_KNI_G_20131210193407.jpg

CLEVELAND—Of all the questions swirling around the Knicks this season—and there are plenty—one has been a particular head-scratcher: Why isn't Pablo Prigioni, who is arguably the team's best point guard and certainly its best mover of the ball, in the starting lineup?

In his 16 minutes per game of floor time, Prigioni routinely injects ball movement into an offense that goes static far too often. And his record speaks for itself: the Knicks' 15-1 mark last season when Prigioni and Raymond Felton started together in the backcourt was the best that any starting duo has produced in at least 30 seasons, according to Stats LLC.

Coach Mike Woodson, who has experimented with different starting lineups all season—he tried yet another here on Tuesday against the Cavaliers, starting Metta World Peace for the first time—has acknowledged Prigioni's impact, but suggested that the backcourt is too small when the 6-foot-3, 180-pound Prigioni plays alongside Felton.

"Yes, we were good in that stretch where we played small-ball. But the East is bigger this year," said Woodson, who has started World Peace, J.R. Smith, Beno Udrih, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Kenyon Martin over Prigioni this season. "And it's tough to play two small guys and [Carmelo Anthony] back at [power forward] again."

Woodson has said he believes that a bigger lineup offers the best chance for playoff success—because it would prepare the Knicks for the physicality they'd see from taller teams like Indiana and Chicago—even if it means suffering through losing streaks as the team adjusts to a new style.

Look at the bright side, guys. Amare had another solid game.

I know this loss sucks, but it's great to see Amare get into some kind of nice rhythm. I hope he keeps this up and can stay healthy.

This team def has some major roster issues. There's a lot of players when on the floor just don't mesh together. Maybe this is a coaching issue, but it's undeniable to see how dysfunctional the team operates while on the court.

As much I like seeing the offensive output Bargnani brings to the team, he just doesn't fit with the team. We need shooters to surround Melo and perimeter defenders that can pull their weight. At this point, something needs to change and right now all signs point to a coaching change. Woodson is walking on thin ice and the heat is rising after every loss. There is no way we should've lost this game, especially after an ugly loss like yesterday.

I agree Amare has been the only positive of the night, Im also hoping he plays tomorrow to see how he match up against the noah/boozer

Woodson surely has to let Murry and Aldrich play longer tonight,

Murry had 2 assists in 2 Minutes and Aldrich had 3 rebounds in 2 minutes, Pretty good stats for that amount of time

When can we drop someone already and pick up tyler from the D league... looks like chandler wont be playing until next year :smh:

Sometimes u watch us and think wow we're just a wack team

It's so hard to comprehend why we suck considering our roster of players who actually get burn seemed to be better going into the season

Kidd was trash at seasons end, Novak was 1D and everyone else was injured.

We add Metta, Hardaway Jr, Bargs, got back Amare, successfully kept our core intact, and we suck miserably. And for whatever reason it just looks like we don't have the talent out there as opposed to underachieving.

It feels badman

Last edited:
And it's like you can tell how this team is going to play depending on if Ray comes out of the gate with bounce or looking like Toney Douglas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom