• D. Donatello (The smart one)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
dirk vs. melo

shooting- dirk
scoring any other way-melo
passing- melo
dribbling-melo
defense- melo (ill take lazy over incapable any day of the week)
rebounding-stats say dirk, eyes say melo
offensive rebounding- melo
flopping- dirk

not an outlandish comparison whatsoever think in terms of basketball not espn perceptions/nt popular opinions
when it comes down to efficiency and building a winning team around that player in their prime, history has shown it's Dirk. Dirk doesn't do a whole lot other than shoot the ball great and mix it up every now and then driving to the paint (I'm talking prime Dirk). It's clearly a wash on rebounds and most of the other stuff. Now he clearly has it in shooting and Melo clearly has it in the paint with driving and bully ball. I see the clear difference being Dirk gets the calls and produces that extra stuff needed from the FT at key moments.

One on one you'd obviously pick Melo but from what it seems like so far building a team around the two it seems a little bit easier to do it around Dirk and that's just for a consistent winning team not a championship team

I'd go farther to say it's a wash in the leadership dept as well.

I wouldnt say best scorer of this generation, i'll put kobe & kd ahead of him
Kobe drafted in 96...i dont consider him in Melo generation

Melo post game puts him above KD IMO 

KD stats inflated with the love he gets from refs

Avg 10 fts a game this year 

Kobe drafted in 96...i dont consider him in Melo generation

Melo post game puts him above KD IMO 

KD stats inflated with the love he gets from refs

Avg 10 fts a game this year 

It doesnt matter what generation you started in, kobe is still a top player in this generation, thats like saying floyd isnt the best of this generation because he started in the late 90s,

if shump is our best defender why isnt he guarding wall
indifferent.gif
Because that would be thinking logically...
Another pet peeve of mine with Woodson. Rarely plays to neutralize a star or the hot hand.

This is another one of those "Melo needs to get his teammates involved" games where nobody can hit a shot
eyes.gif

dirk vs. melo

shooting- dirk
scoring any other way-melo
passing- melo
dribbling-melo
defense- melo (ill take lazy over incapable any day of the week)
rebounding-stats say dirk, eyes say melo
offensive rebounding- melo
flopping- dirk

not an outlandish comparison whatsoever think in terms of basketball not espn perceptions/nt popular opinions

Was gonna do this last night but knew no one would respond sensibly so I didn't even bother. I was a huge Mavs fan growing up and was the first team I ever fell in love with from like 02-09 and I can say that Dirk has never been better than Melo in any other aspect other than shooting. What I will say is that Melo has never had any season as good as Dirk's MVP season and never had or will have a run like Dirk did in the 2011 postseason.

@DimeAlert: Pablo Prigioni is heading to the locker room. He slipped and fell earlier this quarter.

Yeah, we're done.

Back
Top Bottom