Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
Melo not a hall of famer?...I would say he has a shot of making it...it is the basketball hall of fame...not just NBA

Dirk is arguably the best foreign born player in NBA history.

Melo at this point in his career is maybe not even a hall of famer.

Why is this even a discussion..?
once again I'm not talking who will have the better legacy dvd that i can jerk it too once they retire. I'm strictly talking about capability and skills as a basketball player. U guys need to learn how to judge players from more of a coaches perspective than that of a die hard fan who looks up to people who play sports for a living. Would do wonders for the quality of discussions in here.

Yep arguably because Tony Parker is in that equation. Melo will make the HOF even if he doesn't win a ring.

once again I'm not talking who will have the better legacy dvd that i can jerk it too once they retire. I'm strictly talking about capability and skills as a basketball player. U guys need to learn how to judge players from more of a coaches perspective than that of a die hard fan who looks up to people who play sports for a living. Would do wonders for the quality of discussions in here.

so you would say LeBron has a better skillset than Kobe, but Kobe's the better player?

Olympic melo is all that needs to be said.

Melo isnt my favorite player by far and i wouldn't be upset if he left NY but he can put the ball in the basket and thats all that needs to be said. He plays d when he wants so you can see the ability is there.

so you would say LeBron has a better skillset than Kobe, but Kobe's the better player?
your initial post regarding this topic asked why this is even a discussion comparing melo and dirk.  now you wanna use the two players who get compared to each other the most as of late as an analogy of some sort to the melo/dirk comparison.  u just killed your own argument.

and its the other way around.  brons IQ and tendency to play the right way at all times is what sets them apart

You just said this, really bro? Lol

You're all emotion man. The fact you continue to say Melo can be Dirk or is better than him is ridiculous.

Dirk still livin off 2011:smh: the same dude who won mvp and got bounced in the first round as a #1 seed

Lol it's not even a question that Melo is a hall of famer.

1st ballot can be debated, but I'd bet on it without any doubt.

Tyson Chandler could return to the lineup on Wednesday (Berman).

With Kenyon Martin sidelined, Chandler has not been ruled out for the game against the Bucks.

He will be re-evaluated on Monday afternoon and could be cleared by the medical staff.

Dirk is my guy. Has always been one of my favorite players in the league. But its funny to see how people's perspective on him has changed, post-championship. Before it was no defense, doesn't make his teammates better, not clutch, just a shooter, etc. I spent so much wasted energy defending a guy I knew was an all-time great. But the reality is, if you don't win the perception will always be a negative one. And its also ironic because Dirk didn't carry that Mavs team nor is he considered a "leader." That team had a lot of players that stepped up for them to be successful.  Yet ya'll let our players off the hook with that "Melo doesn't make his teammates better" rhetoric. These dudes get paid millions and put up rec league stat lines. How about you play better? Instead of looking for one guy to make everything ok. Lebron has people jaded. It's the cot damn NBA, make a contested shot. Finish strong at the rim instead of putting up a lame duck shot and whining about not getting the call. Manage the shot clock efficiently. Hustle and get out on the break. Hit your free throws. Box out your position. Move the ball. Move yourselves. Basic ish we don't do but the storyline will read Melo needs to do more or Melo doesn't trust his teammates smh.

JR's play has been inexplicably bad. Felton is poverty personified. And Shump hasn't been much better. Some of you thought he had all-star potential 
eyes.gif
 Even at best he's just decent on offense and good on defense. A good solid player. But we're not seeing his best. For a leaper, he doesn't attack the rim with purpose. Also his on ball defense has fallen off and his shooting is inconsistent. I'm not giving up on him at all, think he'll eventually pan out, but I'm not gonna lie to myself like he's more important than he is. Right now Timmy Jr. looks like the only one who gets it. He's not wasting his opportunities.

Last edited:
Dirk, along with Jason Terry, Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea, and even Deshawn Stevenson, had out-of-body experiences for the whole 2011 playoffs.

You can argue Dirk's game compared to Melo all you want, but it was more than that.

You can't really expect someone to get into a zone like Dirk did.

Melo will always have this stigma until he eventually wins it all. Put Melo on that 2011 Mavs team and i think there is no way in hell they win it all.

Sure you can say Dirk got lucky, because it does take a bit of luck to win it all.

But do you guys really believe Melo can efficiently be that consistent for 16 Ws? While single handedly taking over games in the last couple of minutes and willing his team to Ws? Because I dont.

That year made me "fear" Dirk as a player. There is nothing that Melo does that makes me "fear" him.

Last edited:
Dirk, along with Jason Terry, Tyson Chandler, JJ Barea, and even Deshawn Stevenson, had out-of-body experiences for the whole 2011 playoffs.

You can argue Dirk's game compared to Melo all you want, but it was more than that.

You can't really expect someone to get into a zone like Dirk did.
Melo is very capable of that zone. We've seen him go stretches where he's literally unstoppable. But the point is it won't matter if no one else shows up to the party. You need guys like JJ Barea and Mario Chalmers who will step up when no one expects it.

Melo is very capable of that zone. We've seen him go stretches where he's literally unstoppable. But the point is it won't matter if no one else shows up to the party. You need guys like JJ Barea and Mario Chalmers who will step up when no one expects it.

Melo can get in a very scary zone but not like 2011 Dirk. I'm not sure anyone can get in that type of zone, for that length of time. You usually can't rely on stuff like that... getting in a "zone" is basically saying your reliability is streaky... but with Dirk you could rely on it. I've never seen anything like it. I'm not sure 2011 Dirk could do it again.

But you're right, it's a moot point. You could put all your eggs in that basket and assume Melo is going to have an out-of-body experience... but you'd still need those other guys too. Dirk wasn't the only one who played like a star.

Last edited:
If Melo can repeat that Bulls Easter day game for an entire Finals series then that was the zone that Dirk was in. Thats the closest Melo has been to 2011 Dirk.

Melo can def get into that zone, everyone else just has to zone out too. I see Amare getting there, he's done it too. Them knees will not last though. Mavs were all just on a mission from God that year, everything just clicked.

Funny how no one remembers how well Dirk played in the 2006 playoffs. If it wasn't for the league fellating D Whistle Mavs win that championship. That series went down to the wire and Wades ability to get to the FT line was the clear difference. He broke the damn record smh. Just saying, Dirk cooking in the playoffs wasn't out of the blue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom