Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
@MrDozo  I get what you're saying, but at this point saying he has done nothing for the Knicks is just hindsight and slightly misguided. At the time a lot of people were excited about it. Very few people saw it as a bad move and a lot of Knick fans saw hope. Things were so bad before he signed, even hope was good enough to latch on to and believe the franchise was back on track. Now since there is some sort of sign of success, people want to look at the move that got the current movement started and turn their back on the man that believed in the franchise 
mean.gif
. If nothing else, he made it attractive for others to want to come and play here. All they needed was one. He volunteered and I give him a pass for that. Nobody wanted any part of the Knicks then. We don't need to rehash the washed up players and bad contracts (Amar'e's aside) that came before. The Knicks gave him that money for hope, that's all. He couldn't do it by himself, although he tried, until he and Ray got something going the first time around. It was him being here that at least got Carmelo intrigued. At least give him credit for that. 

And that is why I say Amare did not do us a favor. You kind of proved my point there.
I definitely agree with you in that Amare did bring legitimacy to the franchise. Thats for sure.

And I was not alluding to Lebron at all. Just the market in general.
I don't think any other team did offer him a $100m deal.

Also, IDK how many of you know this, but his first choice was to go to Miami. He's been holding a grudge against Lebron and Wade since 2010, because he feels like they chose Chris Bosh over him to join the "Super Friends". That's why he was so pissed off about that game 1 loss to Miami in 2011 and punched a fire extinguisher casing.
That is NOT the reason why he punched that fire extinguisher after game 1.

And that is why I say Amare did not do us a favor. You kind of proved my point there.

I definitely agree with you in that Amare did bring legitimacy to the franchise. Thats for sure.

And I was not alluding to Lebron at all. Just the market in general.

I don't think any other team did offer him a $100m deal.

Also, IDK how many of you know this, but his first choice was to go to Miami. He's been holding a grudge against Lebron and Wade since 2010, because he feels like they chose Chris Bosh over him to join the "Super Friends". That's why he was so pissed off about that game 1 loss to Miami in 2011 and punched a fire extinguisher casing.

word. The Hydrant called him Mr. Glass and he went OFF.

@MrDozo
 I get what you're saying, but at this point saying he has done nothing for the Knicks is just hindsight and slightly misguided. At the time a lot of people were excited about it. Very few people saw it as a bad move and a lot of Knick fans saw hope. Things were so bad before he signed, even hope was good enough to latch on to and believe the franchise was back on track. Now since there is some sort of sign of success, people want to look at the move that got the current movement started and turn their back on the man that believed in the franchise :smh: . If nothing else, he made it attractive for others to want to come and play here. All they needed was one. He volunteered and I give him a pass for that. Nobody wanted any part of the Knicks then. We don't need to rehash the washed up players and bad contracts (Amar'e's aside) that came before. The Knicks gave him that money for hope, that's all. He couldn't do it by himself, although he tried, until he and Ray got something going the first time around. It was him being here that at least got Carmelo intrigued. At least give him credit for that. 

agreed

On another note, Paul "the truth" Pierce suffers from ED huh?

we can all think of some nicknames to put on his nickname theme jersey now :lol:

Care to elaborate?

Because i've been told that is what happened. No one will say it publicly, but Amare HATES the heat. Probably more than anyone else on the Knicks.

Melo will opt out so he can make more money, dude is NOT leaving.

Pistons Unlikely To Sign Greg Monroe To Extension
Oct 17, 2013 11:48 AM EDT

Greg Monroe is unlikely to agree to a contract extension with the Detroit Pistons this month, setting up restricted free agency in the summer.

NBA teams can only have one five-year designated player, which the Pistons will likely keep for Andre Drummond before the 15-16 season.

The Pistons will have the ability to match any offer Monroe receives in free agency.

would be a good pickup

Last edited:
im one of the few rooting for an amare comeback... because like i said before he will only make this team better when healthy... its just a shame that injuries tainted his stint here as a knick and its not his fault management overpaid for him but like others have said he was the first piece of the puzzle... this is why i always respect amare because he made the knicks relevant again and players wanted to come here like melo...but i dont believe in this melo talk being a distraction... imo he said that hes opting out just so theres no speculation on what hes going to do and he doesnt want to talk about it this whole season... after melo forced his way here with an extension instead of signing during the lockout do you really think he will deny this big contract only the knicks can offer? ask yourself that

im one of the few rooting for an amare comeback... because like i said before he will only make this team better when healthy... its just a shame that injuries tainted his stint here as a knick and its not his fault management overpaid for him but like others have said he was the first piece of the puzzle... this is why i always respect amare because he made the knicks relevant again and players wanted to come here like melo...but i dont believe in this melo talk being a distraction... imo he said that hes opting out just so theres no speculation on what hes going to do and he doesnt want to talk about it this whole season... after melo forced his way here with an extension instead of signing during the lockout do you really think he will deny this big contract only the knicks can offer? ask yourself that

Playing devils advocate here: Dwight Howard left LA where you could've made more money to play in Houston with Harden and bunch of three point shooters.

As much as I hate Amare's contract and can not wait for it to come off the books, he was killing it his first season when he signed with us before Melo got here

In regards to this Melo free agency talk... he'll opt out. Get courted by whatever teams have money and a desirable team. Get all the attention from ESPN.

Then re-sign for an ungodly amount of money with New York. He'll get the excitement of free agency and then the most amount of money. Win-win

Care to elaborate?

Because i've been told that is what happened. No one will say it publicly, but Amare HATES the heat. Probably more than anyone else on the Knicks.

Amare doesn't hate the Heat, LeBron or D.Wade. He was courtside at their games after they eliminated the Knicks from the playoffs.

View media item 620123

He hung out with them that summer

View media item 620211

and he's wearing LeBron's shoes this year!

View media item 620149

Last edited:
Playing devils advocate here: Dwight Howard left LA where you could've made more money to play in Houston with Harden and bunch of three point shooters.

melo is about his bread and he proved that with his trade to to the knicks by signing that extension and guaranteeing him that money instead of signing as a free agent during the lockout because he got shook he wouldnt get as much... dwight is different he will do whatever he wants to do and not follow the money...he could have signed with orlando but he wanted a trade to a better team so he went to LA and when he found out kobe would not retire anytime soon he bounced and left their money also...obviously the money isnt that important to him... this scenario will play out exactly like it did for dwill and cp3

I actually used to pick this view in nba live back in the day. Probably only option at this arena considering location of the booth.

So what's up with Carmelo in those 1.5s? Please tell me those are coming out this year in Knicks colors

Back
Top Bottom