Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
i do like the two point guard combo to start with. pablo's minutes should probably be checked during the third so he can get some rest. he's important in the fourth though

once jr is back in the mix, i'll feel better about our ability to be less stagnant and/or sloppy in the second half

rewatched the game a couple of times already and noticed how clutch tyson was for us for most of the second half in particular. he was going up and down the court with great vision and predicting the right moments to get in there.

feel like we should probably be consistent with our starting crew so other teams can adjust to us instead of switching them around all the time as a way to adjust to other teams

national stage tonight. not feeling that we'll be forced to watch tnt. would much rather view the game on our network

there's this douchebag from brooklyn i'd like to introduce you to (and he's not from williamsburg)

brooklynmascot1.jpg

had no idea we had a back to back, hope to see a low scoring defensive game from both sides.

i'd take faverani and humphries for absolutely no draft pics. can't give up stuff like 2020 draft picks. that's just silly

If the Celts really wanted to look towards the future, they'd throw Rondo in that trade too.

Lol not eem gunna think about a stupid trade like that.

We trade away draft picks every year and miss out on guys like Shump and THJr

We're good on depth, if we can upgrade one of our starters it's different.

Last edited:
Also, we're missing JKidd from last year, but so many of the same players are back. One of the keys for the season, especially against our defensive rivals, is going to have to be limiting turnovers like we did so well with last season. I don't think coming up with something like Woody and the staff running laps when it's under 10 will work again :lol:

Last notes

Sveltons speed with the ball looks improved after slimming down a little.

Melos hops look better than the layup blowing Melo of last season. Actually tries dunking at the rim.

And Tyson's hops look improved. I know it can be completely unrelated to the intensity we saw last night, but I remember when I started lifting heavy and putting on weight, my intensity went up on the court as well. That J looks respectable as well. People are going to say I'm overreacting and it was just the first game against the bucks, but I think we're gunna see season 1 Tyson and not the mediocre Tyson of last year whose only thing he was known for was tipping the ball out. His help and rotations were also brilliant last night.

Last edited:
Man I feel like if we blew out the bucks by 30 like we should have Rose's stiff neck would have been worse and he would've had a stomach ache too

Normally if a teams star player was a game time decision with a stiff neck on a national TV game and in their home opener, I'd just look right past it and say that dude is definitely playing. But not this man :lol:

Last edited:

But we actually have THJR and Shump and that was through us having low seeded picks that nobody wanted to trade for (or we couldn't trade for).

I don't know why yall hold out on the draft like management has ever really put value in it. If we don't have a top 3 pick eventually our management is going to trade that player in some deal in the first 3 years. At this point we're much better at drafting good in the 20s and lower :lol:

Last edited:

YA its not the same when breen and clyde are not calling the game :smh:
But we actually have THJR and Shump and that was through us having low seeded picks that nobody wanted to trade for (or we couldn't trade for).

I don't know why yall hold out on the draft like management has ever really put value in it. If we don't have a top 3 pick eventually our management is going to trade that player in some deal in the first 3 years. At this point we're much better at drafting good in the 20s and lower :lol:

i'm not getting what you're saying :lol:

my point was that the hypothetical Cs deal to bring in role players for stat and picks would be a bad move. even if we're not in the lottery, we can come up with good young players like Shump and Hardaway, so we should value those picks more instead of throwing them away as deal sweeteners like we used to in the past. and we're no longer in cap clearance mode with bad contracts or desperate to acquire a star with a CBA expiration looming. we can make trades like any other franchise pursuing a title and make basketball moves to try winning a title, while managing our cap since we've reestablished ourselves as a free agent destination.

Last edited:
the reason why we couldnt trade our picks which ended up being shumpert and thjr is because the cba wont allow a team to trade draft picks in consecutive years. i think the trade is horrible and unless rondo is in the deal its a negative... and i disagree with trading our draft picks because then we will never build a team and just hopeful on free agency and trades to build a team... we need a few homegrown players and you can see its good to have shump and thjr to build around a player like melo... at this point i wouldnt trade anymore picks unless its a guaranteed 2nd superstar to complement this team

i'm not getting what you're saying :lol:

my point was that the hypothetical Cs deal to bring in role players for stat and picks would be a bad move. even if we're not in the lottery, we can come up with good young players like Shump and Hardaway, so we should value those picks more instead of throwing them away as deal sweeteners like we used to in the past. and we're no longer in cap clearance mode with bad contracts or desperate to acquire a star with a CBA expiration looming. we can make trades like any other franchise pursuing a title and make basketball moves to try winning a title, while managing our cap since we've reestablished ourselves as a free agent destination.
You said we trade away draft picsk every year and miss out on guys like Shump and THJR.

I'm saying it's cuz we trade away draft picks that we have Shump and THJR. High draft picks don't matter to this team cuz usually we trade them away pretty quick and we still manage to find very good players that are low draft picks.

This team is never going to value draft picks like the way you want. To management they're just trade pieces waiting for the right deal.

the reason why we couldnt trade our picks which ended up being shumpert and thjr is because the cba wont allow a team to trade draft picks in consecutive years. i think the trade is horrible and unless rondo is in the deal its a negative... and i disagree with trading our draft picks because then we will never build a team and just hopeful on free agency and trades to build a team... we need a few homegrown players and you can see its good to have shump and thjr to build around a player like melo... at this point i wouldnt trade anymore picks unless its a guaranteed 2nd superstar to complement this team
That's been our team for the past 13 years though. Under several GMs and presidents of operation. We aint changing b.

Plus when we were living off draft picks the team sucked and eventually we had to wait for a GM with a plan for us to suck for a few more years until we could get a big name player in FA and when that didn't work out (even if it did) we'd be not signing back or trading away all those draft picks anyway.

The only way I see this team keeping a player for the long term from a draft is if they turn out to be a superstar QUICKLY.

Let the right Rondo deal be proposed and watch Shump end up gone.

This is the Knicks.

Last edited:
The Knicks are now 17-2 (.894 winning percentage) in the 19 games Pablo Prigioni has started in his NBA career.

"@stephenasmith thinks it's an "absolute joke" that Pablo Prigioni is starting for the #Knicks. #Analysis

Stephen A. calls himself a Knicks fan, but doesn't think Pablo is the best option to start at the 2..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom