NYMAG article on resellers

laugh.gif
 They're like my little bro. 

Don't be mad at them, be mad at yourself for being grown and putting value into these things.

I like nice clothes but the clothes don't make me. I could understand this argument if it was inflating the price of something valuable like books or some form of knowledge but this kick game is for the kids.

You wanna end these guys reselling kicks for ridiculous prices you gotta stop buying.

Don't be mad at them, be mad at yourself for being grown and putting value into these things.

I like nice clothes but the clothes don't make me. I could understand this argument if it was inflating the price of something valuable like books or some form of knowledge but this kick game is for the kids.

You wanna end these guys reselling kicks for ridiculous prices you gotta stop buying.

Preaching to the choir...

I guess kudos to kids being entrepreneurial. Is it short sighted? Yes. You don't have to look much further than the event organizer for proof on that:

“When I was their age, I was making 100 dollars a week delivering groceries,” says Diorio, who quit his job at Bob’s Discount Furniture in 2011 to work on the events full-time"

Who knows, maybe Sole Xchange will take off and become a lucrative business. Maybe it will beat out Dunk Xchange, other shoe swap events, eBay, Twitter, Craigslist, etc as THE main avenue for reselling shoes. My guess is Mr. Diorio finds himself applying to Foot Locker customer service jobs in his mid 30's :smh: :smh:

The business model is not sustainable in the long term: Nike ---> middle man ---> middle man ---> middle man ---> customer

If you're a teen, stack some $$ and keep it moving towards being great. I hate to sound like an old head, but you're damb.

He's 15 and making bank off of ugly shoes. I ain't even mad, let thst boy cook and get dat guap.

You embarrassed because he gets the releases you can't papi? :lol:

I give these kids credit for learning in life early a very valuable lesson, learn how to take advantage of needy *** Gumps.

:lol:

Never paid reseller msrp, for a long time didn't pay retail :smile:rolleyes), certainly hope that this "game" dies... I hope it dies quick and it hope it dies soon. Let's see how deep this well is.

Until then, people who truly want these sneakers wont get them. If I can't scoop from the source (NDC), I don't scoop. I'm not paying a markup for something that was purchased a couple days ago. :lol:

yup.

all these "sneaker purists" that are struggling to get sneakers or just plain complaining about "da game", just make the resellers look smarter

Last edited:
When this "hobby" does bottom out and it will bottom out, a lot of these guys and fly by night collectors are going be assed out. Reselling isn't a hustle. Its a get money quick scheme to get stuff you can't afford on your own. There are few resellers that are actually making money and they aren't featured in the article.

Off topic, but this article has shown how far the "culture" has come in regards to its exploitation.

A sucker is born every minute...

That should be the new name for the JB forum, not many in General have the "itch" to buy sneakers anymore.

Back
Top Bottom