NY's favorite Southern Rapper Jay Electronica going IN but speaking TRUTH

eek.gif
happy.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
= sum up my reactions to this. As a person from the South I took offense with some earlier comments I heard from dude regarding him changing up his accent to be accepted by an NY audience but hearing him speak on it in this video? I can respect his decision. Jay basically saying the same +!+ that's been said on NT for years when the whole "South is dumb" -esque comments that dudes make but its good to hear a rapper attack statements like that but in a respectful matter that won't go unheard. Chad Butler was the greatest but dudes didn't want to hear him talking down to them even if it was the truth.

I was just about to post this
laugh.gif
Apparently Kay Slay felt a certain way and did what $%! *!%%!! do and went at him on twitter for his comments

Heres Jay's response

#%$% them stuck up !%# ny ++!$+#...

actin like they the end all be all of everything and yes rza is from stubenville ohio

laugh.gif
This $%!## talkin out his !@$ in regards to Rza. How he gonna assume Rza don't know how to grow crops if he allegedly from Ohio?
roll.gif

All this other talk is the same regurgitated @%##. Dudes talking on stuff 5+ years old still salty as $%## cuz somebody from NYC said it. Mad cuz we arrogant like our position is ever gonna change cuz of the current era of hip hop. Speaking up for the South after the fact. If that's how homey felt, oh well.

I remember what RZA said something bout southerners don't have hip hop in their blood

I found that prosperous when all black Americans can trace their cultural roots to the south

the south is where the soul is......how could you deny our historical contributions to music in general....#+@$ just hip hop....look at artists from the south who have changed music

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
This $%!## talkin out his !@$ in regards to Rza. How he gonna assume Rza don't know how to grow crops if he allegedly from Ohio?
roll.gif
-_- that's just low... ohio is not all farmland...

i cant wait to move yo
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I remember what RZA said something bout southerners don't have hip hop in their blood

I found that prosperous when all black Americans can trace their cultural roots to the south

the south is where the soul is......how could you deny our historical contributions to music in general....#+@$ just hip hop....look at artists from the south who have changed music
Truth.

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
Apparently Kay Slay felt a certain way and did what $%! *!%%!! do and went at him on twitter for his comments

Heres Jay's response

glasses.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Jay ain't hold %*# back in that. Damn.......What the hell did Kay Slay say in Twitter?

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif

Heres Jay's response
eek.gif
laugh.gif
dude went hard givin his address and everything

ahahahaahahhaha homie spazzed in that response to Kay Slay

well spoken Jay Elec, well spoken!!

hottest dude from his state jacked ny tho.
dude emulates ny tho.

i feel like we gotta take the game back. mad dudes getting arrogant throwing all kinds of shots at ny now. forgot where they came from. that isn't at jay electronica but a bunch of net ppl..

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

#%$% them stuck up !%# ny ++!$+#...

actin like they the end all be all of everything and yes rza is from stubenville ohio
shutup

Originally Posted by Remi23

Jay Elect is a Very SmART Dude.

THIS.

I love new york rap and the thing Electronica needs to realize is that the rap world really respects him and everyone he mentioned, Bun, TI, Luda, 3 Stacks, 8ball MJG etc.  He getting all heated for no real reason.  Rza said these things when D4L was big.  Rza stays living in the early 90s he wants that time back and its not going to happen.  Kayslay is not anywhere near relevant.  Real recognize real and the artist that matter respect the work of all the southern artists.  But Jay is the truth.  And the best part about him is that he is 33.  He has an vet's outlook on the game and is finally hitting his stride.  Abracadabra is going to be a classic.

eyes.gif
really?

really?

luda, TI, andre 3000... everyone else...
laugh.gif

Bun B, Devin Da Dude, 8ball and MJG could rip up most NY artists
eyes.gif

I like those artists but someones trying too hard

So this the same Jay Electronica that said he would rap like he's from NY because he was ashamed of southern emcees.... now he's on some "I Am The South"
eyes.gif

i feel like we gotta take the game back. mad dudes getting arrogant throwing all kinds of shots at ny now. forgot where they came from.

funny how you can say "forgot where they came from"

I mean where did ALL  the !%*+%@ in NYC come from
laugh.gif

Literally. Do the history...

jay elect speaking the truth forreal...
its funny the best technical rapper ever is not from NY
the most influential rapper is not from NY
etc

and to be honest kay slay is mad that Papoose never blew up... How can you be real street dude that Kay says he is, going to twitter with his problems

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eyes.gif
really?

really?

luda, TI, andre 3000... everyone else...
laugh.gif

Bun B, Devin Da Dude, 8ball and MJG could rip up most NY artists
eyes.gif

I like those artists but someones trying too hard

i dont get it. Y do u say these guys couldnt as well? Lyrically and Artisticly these guys WILL rip any new NY rapper on the come up, in song making, especially if the dude only clutch is punchlines...Compared to other seasoned vets, like the ghostfaces bustas redmans etc etc....it just will come down to what u like hear...

Back
Top Bottom