NY's favorite Southern Rapper Jay Electronica going IN but speaking TRUTH

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

eyes.gif
really?

really?

luda, TI, andre 3000... everyone else...
laugh.gif

Bun B, Devin Da Dude, 8ball and MJG could rip up most NY artists
eyes.gif

I like those artists but someones trying too hard

i dont get it. Y do u say these guys couldnt as well? Lyrically and Artisticly these guys WILL rip any new NY rapper on the come up, in song making, especially if the dude only clutch is punchlines...Compared to other seasoned vets, like the ghostfaces bustas redmans etc etc....it just will come down to what u like hear...
in a cypher
diss tracks
battle rapping
deven da dude/bun b/8ball+mjg would give it to an average ny mixtape rapper?
eyes.gif

I think even Pap could murk all 3 in a line if they ever battled or made diss tracks towards each other and I dont even like Pap
laugh.gif

with a finished album.. yes, but he said "give it to them" like he'd battle dudes in a sense

eyes.gif
really?

really?

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

i dont get it. Y do u say these guys couldnt as well? Lyrically and Artisticly these guys WILL rip any new NY rapper on the come up, in song making, especially if the dude only clutch is punchlines...Compared to other seasoned vets, like the ghostfaces bustas redmans etc etc....it just will come down to what u like hear...
in a cypher
diss tracks
battle rapping
eyes.gif

I think even Pap could murk all 3 in a line if they ever battled or made diss tracks towards each other and I dont even like Pap
laugh.gif

with a finished album.. yes, but he said "give it to them" like he'd battle dudes in a sense

son of course Pap can do those things better...thats exactly why his career has gotten NOWHERE fast.
laugh.gif

Thats the problem with yall...yall wanna cypher, battle rap, and make diss tracks instead of making classic timeless music.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

eyes.gif
really?

really?

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

in a cypher
diss tracks
battle rapping
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

I see what ur saying...ive never looked at those artists in that light tho cuz they actually have had careers

u may be right, all four cud lose in the four things u named....albums tho, actual songs, longevity I wouldnt bet against them

I was going to say that as well, its a cheap thrill in the grand aspect of rap...
but in the end

Overseas respect ny, then la.... maybe midwest before you hear them mention anything from the south

and you can talk trash about Pap and his career but you guys are here praising Jay Electronica and Im pretty sure 95% of NT cant mention anything hes done other than Erika Badu and 3 tracks named Exhibit a,b,c
laugh.gif

heard Kay Slay got a response...havent heard the audio yet tryin to pull it up on my phone

I was going to say that as well, its a cheap thrill in the grand aspect of rap...
but in the end

Overseas respect ny, then la.... maybe midwest before you hear them mention anything from the south

and you can talk trash about Pap and his career but you guys are here praising Jay Electronica and Im pretty sure 95% of NT cant mention anything hes done other than Erika Badu and 3 tracks named Exhibit a,b,c
laugh.gif

I Got U Eternal Sunshine, My World (Nas Salute), A Prayer For Mike Vick & T.I 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

its funny cuz in Slay interview he ended wit getting 5 rappers on stage to cypher
laugh.gif
smh.gif

dude said cory gunz, serious jones, papoose....yeah ok Slay now which one of them has the best album i can go to best buy and cop...ohh wait

he was talkin bout Jay Elec gotta pay respect n he a guest in NY n all that...and that he need to let the past go and just address who ever he really mad at....he also mentioned how I guess he was helpful in putting Luda n Tip 8ball on in NYC
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Thats the problem with yall...yall wanna cypher, battle rap, and make diss tracks instead of making classic timeless music.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
2d8omep.jpg

Where they do that at?!

i feel like we gotta take the game back. mad dudes getting arrogant throwing all kinds of shots at ny now. forgot where they came from.

funny how you can say "forgot where they came from"

I mean where did ALL  the !%*+%@ in NYC come from
laugh.gif

Literally. Do the history...

If you from south of the Canadian border, you from "The South" - Malcolm X
So this the same Jay Electronica that said he would rap like he's from NY because he was ashamed of southern emcees.

that's not what he said. If I remember correctly 95% of yall %+#$*$ in that thread was on some F' **** too....

i feel like we gotta take the game back. mad dudes getting arrogant throwing all kinds of shots at ny now. forgot where they came from.

laugh.gif

Africa $@++!. Yall keep bringing up this trace our roots back to the South like that's where it ends. Like a bunch of %!+%+% was growing in the fields next to the cotton. FTR, all black American or specifically from NYC ppl do not originally come from the South or can trace some roots to Southern America.

Since the 2000's has the south collectively put out music that supersedes the Eastcoast's from 1990-1999 [Illmatic, OB4CL, Ilmatic, RD, Ready 2 Die, Enter The Wu-Tang, The Infamous, Low End Theory, Its Dark & Hell Is Hot and etc]

/Thread

The south is to eascoast rap what Lebron, Melo, Durant, Wade are to MJ, Magic, Ewing, Isiah are. Two different eras but it's clear as day which era was more memorable and produced more quality players.

yea but just like in basketball today's greats would *#@! on the greats from back then...

and there's nothing coming from there these days...

yall gotta stop living in the past...

So this man moves to NYC, switches up his accent, style and appearance to that of a NY'er, finally gets accepted by ppl who he's so desperately trying to be like and NOW wants to go on rants......I see.

The south (collectively) has been on top for over 5 years now and y'all dudes are still mad? N_'s is gonna be on suicide watch when y'all eventually fall off. Y'all are on top now and that's all that matters. Get them chips(boulders in some of y'all cases) off your shoulders, $+%% aint healthy.

the most influential rapper is not from NY
What?
Thats the problem with yall...yall wanna cypher, battle rap, and make diss tracks
I know right.  Whats wrong with these rappers actually trying to rap?

instead of making classic timeless music.
As opposed to.......

laugh.gif

first, all of us didn't come here after slavery ended in the south.
second, we're talking about hip hop, not as a ppl.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Since the 2000's has the south collectively put out music that supersedes the Eastcoast's from 1990-1999 [Illmatic, OB4CL, Ilmatic, RD, Ready 2 Die, Enter The Wu-Tang, The Infamous, Low End Theory, Its Dark & Hell Is Hot and etc]

/Thread

The south is to eascoast rap what Lebron, Melo, Durant, Wade are to MJ, Magic, Ewing, Isiah are. Two different eras but it's clear as day which era was more memorable and produced more quality players.

Why u comparing two ERA's tho bro??....if I was trying to make a lopsided point I wud say: Since the 2000s has any new artist from the East Coast put out music that superseedes music from 1990-1999 Southern artists.

U compare the two musically east n south 1990-1999 and its pretty effin close, with east coast winning out
Compare the two in the 2000s, the South takes that and the margin aint that close, thats minus the work 90s artists Jay n Nas put in

/Thread

Since the 2000s has the east coast collectively put out music that supersedes ther South from 1990 - 1999 [Southernplayalisticcadillacmusik, ATLiens, Aqumini, We Cant Be Stopped, Soul Food, Ridin DIrty, Comin Out Hard, 400 degreez, mr. scarface is back, etc.]
laugh.gif
dudes act like 90s was just a good decade for NY rap like the West Coast and The South aint put out classic %+$@ too.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Thats the problem with yall...yall wanna cypher, battle rap, and make diss tracks
I know right.  Whats wrong with these rappers actually trying to rap?

instead of making classic timeless music.
As opposed to.......

cyphers are pointless... so is battle rap... yall dont have many artists... just a +++!#+%! of punchline rappers... who cant make good music... jae millz on a beat =
sick.gif
in a bad way...

its weird tho... cuz i guess thats what yall like...  yall listen to rappers who make songs with no hooks (or terrible ones)... yall really like the "rap" aspect...

i could care less about that %#%*... i just want good music... lyrical ability is not the end all be all of anything... honestly no one is atcq was really lyrical... they just made good %!$ music...

i aint tryin to knock ny (for once) but yall gotta humble yallselves... yall aint really did %#%* for the game in idunno how long... yall got jay and thats it... and yall hate him
laugh.gif

but in the end

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why do you guys keep bringing up overseas in debates on NT? I'm just curious. Dudes say Wu ain't relevent like they once was and here comes someone saying "Oh but they get overseas money". What does that even mean? You hear some of the trash that comes from overseas? As if they are some great judges of talent over there? I see a lot of Grime artists and other artists from Africa, Germany, etc. and they all seem to be more influenced by Wayne then they are Wu Tang.

its funny cuz in Slay interview he ended wit getting 5 rappers on stage to cypher
laugh.gif
smh.gif

dude said cory gunz, serious jones, papoose....yeah ok Slay now which one of them has the best album i can go to best buy and cop...ohh wait

he was talkin bout Jay Elec gotta pay respect n he a guest in NY n all that...and that he need to let the past go and just address who ever he really mad at....he also mentioned how I guess he was helpful in putting Luda n Tip 8ball on in NYC
eyes.gif
You want to know what's ironic about all them dudes expect Pap? Cory Gunz signed to a southern label. Serious at one point was signed to DTP. Jae Millz went to Young Money. And Kay needs to go somewhere as if he put Luda and TIP on. Them dudes went platinum and they freestyled for his radio show and he thinks he put them on.
laugh.gif

/Thread

laugh.gif
You didn't /thread anything so take that $*+ out of your post. Fact is, music itself or rap music for that matter was superior in the 90's regardless of region. How about comparing East Coast Music from the 90's to the East Coast music from the 00's? Laughable right?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom