Oakland Athletics 2010 Season Thread (27-23) (@ Texas)

It's hard not to like buck with a song like that.
laugh.gif
I'm watching the game now
pimp.gif

This is why I love the opening week of baseball. Oakland is in first place, and you guys probably feel you have a chance at making a run.

I'm not joking either. I remember in the mid to late 90's when the Twinkies won their first game of the year, or were over .500 for a blip, but it was all hype, because the team stunk year after year in that era.

I do like somewhat like Oakland's young staff though.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

This is why I love the opening week of baseball. Oakland is in first place, and you guys probably feel you have a chance at making a run.

I'm not joking either. I remember in the mid to late 90's when the Twinkies won their first game of the year, or were over .500 for a blip, but it was all hype, because the team stunk year after year in that era.

I do like somewhat like Oakland's young staff though.
I don't know if you're being snide, but this team really is on the cusp of competing again. For those of us in the know when it comes to minor league ball, we have some bats that are on the verge of breaking through, and our pitching will pull together nicely. So, maybe not compete this year, but sooner rather than later. Besides, if the AL West becomes a dog fight this season who is to say what will happen?

I was only half joking homies. Don't worry about the Twins #+%...I wasn't trying to be snide at all, because the first week of the season gives any team hope and it is very easy to get lost counting how many years (consecutively) the Twins sucked, not too long ago.

Oakland has a lot of young talent and they always have, and given their division anything is possible, but I guess if I were a betting man (which I am) I'd say they will finish 3rd at best...And the rest is decided whether Texas' young talent rises or succumbs to pressure, how far the Angels have fallen, if at all, and how the M's look when they get Lee and Bedard back.

Oakland could surprise, but I think they'll be competing soon...A year or so.

Just got home. Nice win.
pimp.gif
Kurt doing work.
pimp.gif
Ross had a very nice debut. Hopefully Brett can give us the series tmrw. LETS GO OAKLAND!!

President Obama says he grew up as an Oakland A's fan

Oakland Tribune
Posted: 04/07/2010 04:12:43 PM PDT
Updated: 04/07/2010 04:20:06 PM PDT

President Barack Obama admitted on Monday that he used to be an Oakland A's fan while growing up in Hawaii.

Obama, who threw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Washington Nationals' game against Philadelphia, was interviewed by ESPN during the telecast when he revealed that he wasn't always a Chicago White Sox fan.

"I did not become a Sox fan until I moved to Chicago," Obama told a national television audience Monday. "I was growing up in Hawaii, so I ended up being an Oakland A's fan."
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Just got home. Nice win.
pimp.gif
Kurt doing work.
pimp.gif
Ross had a very nice debut. Hopefully Brett can give us the series tmrw. LETS GO OAKLAND!!

See the "Lew Wolff hates Oakland" signs?
laugh.gif

^ So, what? Let me tell you my story.

I was born in Monterey and when I first had learned to walk and one of my first memories ever, was that I walked into my living room wearing an Oakland A's shirt and my dad asked me, "what the %%*+ are you wearing?"...Stormed into his room and threw me a Twins shirt to put on. A Twins fan was born.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom