Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

*coughCHAMPcough*

Imagine. They say he wants out. But that would leave us on the hook for a lot of dough in our secondary.

Although, we would finally have that lights out secondary we thought we were getting with DeAngelo Hall.

I'd keep Cable even if it meant we lose Hue Jackson, theres GOTTA be a way to retain both though...if we can't keep Hue, meh, good luck elsewhere

I love the attitude that Cable brings to the team. With that said, we do NOT want him calling plays again.

We saw tosses, sweeps, reverses, slants, screens and solid playcalling under Hue this year. With another year of working with Jason Campbell, I only see good things
to come. I think we have to find a way to keep him.

I'd love to see Cable come back next year, but Hue NEEDS to return. I haven't seen our offense run this adequately in years. I don't see how we can get rid of Cable though, he's been great.

My perfect off-season checklist:

-Draft a dominant, NFL ready CB to go opposite to Nnamdi

- Retain both Cable and Hue

-Lock up Mike Huff for at least a few years; he proved himself this year big-time

-Find a legitimate #1 receiver. I'd love to see a Pro Bowl WR with Chaz or Murphy or DHB  (whoever shows up next year) on the other side and Jacoby in the slot.

- Draft a QB in the later rounds with some potential upside that can sit back for a couple years and master our system (like Andrew Walter if Andrew Walter was good)

I'd love to see Cable come back next year, but Hue NEEDS to return. I haven't seen our offense run this adequately in years. I don't see how we can get rid of Cable though, he's been great.

My perfect off-season checklist:

-Draft a dominant, NFL ready CB to go opposite to Nnamdi

- Retain both Cable and Hue

-Lock up Mike Huff for at least a few years; he proved himself this year big-time

-Find a legitimate #1 receiver. I'd love to see a Pro Bowl WR with Chaz or Murphy or DHB  (whoever shows up next year) on the other side and Jacoby in the slot.

- Draft a QB in the later rounds with some potential upside that can sit back for a couple years and master our system (like Andrew Walter if Andrew Walter was good)

I wouldn't mind seeing T.O. in the silver and black.

we need another stud corner and lb

improve o line

wish they would keep cable, but im cool with Hue Jackson as HC. keep working with Campbell.

I wouldn't mind seeing T.O. in the silver and black.

we need another stud corner and lb

improve o line

wish they would keep cable, but im cool with Hue Jackson as HC. keep working with Campbell.

Cable > Hue. Although I'd like to keep both, at this juncture cable deserves it and it seems that the players don't want to see him go.

Don't bring T.O. in, we don't need receivers, we need a qb that can throw to the guys we already have.

Cable > Hue. Although I'd like to keep both, at this juncture cable deserves it and it seems that the players don't want to see him go.

Don't bring T.O. in, we don't need receivers, we need a qb that can throw to the guys we already have.

Opponents for 2011

Oakland's home games are against the Chargers (9-7), Broncos (4-12), Chiefs (10-6), New England Patriots (14-2), New York Jets (11-5), Detroit Lions (6-10), Chicago Bears (11-5) and Cleveland Browns (5-11).

The Raiders' road games are against the Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs, Buffalo Bills (4-12), Miami Dolphins (7-9), Minnesota Vikings (6-10), Green Bay Packers (10-6) and Houston Texans (6-10).

Opponents for 2011

Oakland's home games are against the Chargers (9-7), Broncos (4-12), Chiefs (10-6), New England Patriots (14-2), New York Jets (11-5), Detroit Lions (6-10), Chicago Bears (11-5) and Cleveland Browns (5-11).

The Raiders' road games are against the Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs, Buffalo Bills (4-12), Miami Dolphins (7-9), Minnesota Vikings (6-10), Green Bay Packers (10-6) and Houston Texans (6-10).

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by dland24

I dont get it. The Raiders have their best season in almost a decade and the reports are Cable is unlikely to return? Makes no sense.

Nothing makes sense when it involves Al Davis
laugh.gif
 sad but true

I dont get it. The Raiders have their best season in almost a decade and the reports are Cable is unlikely to return? Makes no sense.

laugh.gif
 sad but true

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
 sad but true

laugh.gif
yup sadddd!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
 sad but true

laugh.gif
yup sadddd!!!!!

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

sure we have all these young receivers, but i don't believe any of them have shown flashes of being a true #1

T.O. is still a big play receiver and a veteran. have him come in and maybe show the young wrs a thing or two.
(just thinking from a "whats best for the team standpoint" i know T.O. brings baggage along with him)

chaz is always hurt and incosistent, murphy still needs to improve, DHB i don't even know.

TO, Murphy and Jacoby at slot. DHB and Chaz in the rotation

oh and Jacoby is a damn beast.
pimp.gif
was happy with the pick on draft day.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

sure we have all these young receivers, but i don't believe any of them have shown flashes of being a true #1

T.O. is still a big play receiver and a veteran. have him come in and maybe show the young wrs a thing or two.
(just thinking from a "whats best for the team standpoint" i know T.O. brings baggage along with him)

chaz is always hurt and incosistent, murphy still needs to improve, DHB i don't even know.

TO, Murphy and Jacoby at slot. DHB and Chaz in the rotation

oh and Jacoby is a damn beast.
pimp.gif
was happy with the pick on draft day.

Cable ain't going anywhere guys. The KC game basically guaranteed that. The media just likes to act like they know what's going on in the Raiders offices because they refuse to speak to anyone about anything
laugh.gif

First priority is DEFINITELY getting a CB to play opposite Nnamdi, one that can handle playing man (unlike Deangelo). Routt and CJ have lost us games with their terrible play. Champ would be cool but I'd personally like to get somebody younger, I really like Richard Marshall from Carolina.

We gotta resign Zach and Seymour too. Apparently Bush may try to leave for a team that would start him, but I'd love to keep him as he's a perfect compliment to DMC.

O-line as usual needs some serious work, particularly on the right side.

I'd love to trade for a first rounder as well.

I think Campbell has earned the chance to play another year with us and I really think he can flourish in our system, we just gotta get a line to protect him.

Cable ain't going anywhere guys. The KC game basically guaranteed that. The media just likes to act like they know what's going on in the Raiders offices because they refuse to speak to anyone about anything
laugh.gif

First priority is DEFINITELY getting a CB to play opposite Nnamdi, one that can handle playing man (unlike Deangelo). Routt and CJ have lost us games with their terrible play. Champ would be cool but I'd personally like to get somebody younger, I really like Richard Marshall from Carolina.

We gotta resign Zach and Seymour too. Apparently Bush may try to leave for a team that would start him, but I'd love to keep him as he's a perfect compliment to DMC.

I think Campbell has earned the chance to play another year with us and I really think he can flourish in our system, we just gotta get a line to protect him.

Opponents for 2011

I know it's hard to look at a schedule for next season and predict who will do what, since every year everything changes...but this schedule looks tough
sick.gif

Originally Posted by zube42

laugh.gif

Either we get another CB that can play man opposite of Asomugha, or we change schemes and run more zone at times...Routt and CJ are clearly the weak links in our D.

In my perfect world::

Sign Cable
Sign Hue (If possible)
Sign Zach, Seymour, Bush, Gallery.
Get a #1 WR. I'd love to get Justin Blockmon in the draft, or Julio Jones..but not sure what I'd give up for the possibility of getting them...
Look into CB's (not sure who is available yet...)
Look into Lineman (Center, Guards and Tackles....Never been a Langston Walker fan
indifferent.gif
)
Look into OLB's (They did well, just not sold on the unit...why didn't Thomas Howard play that much this season??)

Edit:::
I'm glad we didn't give the Pats a high draft pick
laugh.gif
Supposedly they get the #17 pick from us...

Opponents for 2011

I know it's hard to look at a schedule for next season and predict who will do what, since every year everything changes...but this schedule looks tough
sick.gif

Originally Posted by zube42

laugh.gif

Either we get another CB that can play man opposite of Asomugha, or we change schemes and run more zone at times...Routt and CJ are clearly the weak links in our D.

In my perfect world::

Sign Cable
Sign Hue (If possible)
Sign Zach, Seymour, Bush, Gallery.
Get a #1 WR. I'd love to get Justin Blockmon in the draft, or Julio Jones..but not sure what I'd give up for the possibility of getting them...
Look into CB's (not sure who is available yet...)
Look into Lineman (Center, Guards and Tackles....Never been a Langston Walker fan
indifferent.gif
)
Look into OLB's (They did well, just not sold on the unit...why didn't Thomas Howard play that much this season??)

Edit:::
I'm glad we didn't give the Pats a high draft pick
laugh.gif
Supposedly they get the #17 pick from us...

-Jump back into the first round, find a strong QB to prepare for the eventual takeover from Campbell.
-Find a #1 receiver to lead by example. Pray for a healthy Schillens throughout next season, he would be a great second threat.
-Keep Ford returning. Man is a beast.
-Find another corner. Nnamdi could leave after next season, we should bring him some decent support.
-Let Gradkowski walk. I no longer believe in the guy, just can't stay healthy.
-Find out what we have with Bruce Campbell. That dude looks like a walking double-team.
-Let Marshall go. Six games with 30+ points given up? C'mon now.

-Jump back into the first round, find a strong QB to prepare for the eventual takeover from Campbell.
-Find a #1 receiver to lead by example. Pray for a healthy Schillens throughout next season, he would be a great second threat.
-Keep Ford returning. Man is a beast.
-Find another corner. Nnamdi could leave after next season, we should bring him some decent support.
-Let Gradkowski walk. I no longer believe in the guy, just can't stay healthy.
-Find out what we have with Bruce Campbell. That dude looks like a walking double-team.
-Let Marshall go. Six games with 30+ points given up? C'mon now.

My dream would be Andrew Luck aha. I'd love to see Champ Bailey and Larry Fitzgerald come over too. Especially since Larry doesn't seem too happy in AZ.

Vincent Jackson is also a FA (I noticed people always going on division rival teams) and T.O. as well,  (Obligatory for every great WR to run through Oakland)

My dream would be Andrew Luck aha. I'd love to see Champ Bailey and Larry Fitzgerald come over too. Especially since Larry doesn't seem too happy in AZ.

Vincent Jackson is also a FA (I noticed people always going on division rival teams) and T.O. as well,  (Obligatory for every great WR to run through Oakland)

Back
Top Bottom