Oakland RAIDERS Season Thread

I also feel that now is the time to gauge league interest in McFadden. If there is mid-round interest in him, make the trade.

I don't think there will be much interest that would be worth getting rid of McFadden. It seems a lot of teams have their young RB while there are what feels like a lot of starting RBs that will be switching teams next season(Mendenhall, MJD?...etc..) Unless we can get some sort of deal that Cinci got with CP or a what Seattle got for Rick Mirer. lol.

I think the interest will be there. McFadden can be a transformative running back for any team who already have one solid back and are looking for another to create a tandem system. Teams that could use more balance in their offense (Green Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, maybe St. Louis) would benefit from having a talented running back like McFadden who could be utilized more as a change-of-pace type player rather than carrying a team's offense. He would do best on a team whose QB and WR situation is solid and would go to him more for setting up moving the chain type situations rather than as the first option for play-making.

In doing this, McFadden would more or less be relegated to a role-player type role rather than being the first round pick that he is. This is a necessary change. Questions about his health are at their highest; now in his fourth season, he hasn't demonstrated at all being able to stay healthy. Even going back to his time at Arkansas, he benefited from having Peyton Hillis to share the rock with. And that is the kind of situation in which McFadden will find the most success: a two back system in which he is used as the first option RB and the other is employed for up the gut runs and short yardage situations. He was on pace for his best season with Michael Bush because of this tandem and would have cemented his status as a top five RB in the league had he stayed healthy. He still has that ability, but not on his own, not with that punishing, hard-running style that makes him who he is. Give him a big, full-back type to run with and McFadden can put a team over the top.

If teams recognize that ability in McFadden, and Reggie plays that up and demonstrates his ability as a GM, he should be able to get something like a third to fourth round pick for McFadden.

@CSNRaiders: McClain: 'I ain't got nothing to say': Rolando McClain is back to work at Raiders practice”

Ship his *** to Jags already :lol:

Rolando McClain's fall from grace continues
December, 13, 2012
DEC 13
6:10
PM ET
By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

How far has middle linebacker Rolando McClain fallen in Oakland?

He was playing running back at the goal line on the scout team Thursday, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Rolando McClain
#55 LB
Oakland Raiders
2012 STATS
Tot
Solo
Ast
FF
Sack
Int

Holy first-round bust.

Scout team players are usually practice squad players or way bottom-of-the-roster players. They often play positions that are not their own. This is what McClain has become.

I know a lot of Raiders’ fans were upset that McClain was kept on the roster this week after his two-week team suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. McClain, the No. 8 overall pick in the 2010 draft, has not been good on the field and he has been bad off the field. Wednesday, Oakland coach Dennis Allen said McClain would be a backup at middle linebacker and he’d play special teams.

But relegating him to a scout team offensive player takes this to a new level. The Raiders clearly are letting McClain and his teammates know how they feel about him. Instead of cutting him and giving him a chance to latch on with a playoff team for the stretch run, McClain is being put in his place.

It seems the punishment continues.

In other Oakland news:
Allen said defensive tackle Richard Seymour suffered an aggravation of a hamstring injury that has kept him out of the past five games. Seymour may miss yet another game. With just three games remaining, you have to wonder if the pending free agent has played his last game as a Raider.
Oakland safety Tyvon Branch continued to be out Thursday with a neck injury.
The Raiders have received an extension to try to avoid a blackout Sunday against the Chiefs.
The Raiders have suffered 10 concussions this season, which leads the NFL. According to this report, there have been 132 concussions in the NFL this season.

Running back on the scout team... they want to use him a living example of what happens to you when you **** with the administration.

I like it.

Running back on the scout team... they want to use him a living example of what happens to you when you **** with the administration.

Yeah, they're out to humble that *** and probably find a way to void his contract before they just "cut" him.

Inconsistencies were the concern with Moore when he was drafted; they remain so now. Next year will be a huge year for Moore with respect to what his role will be with the team as either the first option or as more of a situational option.

Streater has been nice hopefully Criner gets some more playing time. Mixed feelings about this win but this team is so bad it doesn't matter where we pick. :lol:

Last edited:
Losing was what I wanted. There's nothing we could learn about this team with a win that benefits us. It's clear that we need the best pick possible to trade in order to net the most draft picks possible.

Chiefs were just too bad to win this game. C'mon their 1st First Down was with 5 Mins left if the 3Rd and our D is the worst in the league

Losing was what I wanted. There's nothing we could learn about this team with a win that benefits us. It's clear that we need the best pick possible to trade in order to net the most draft picks possible.
I think Kansas City was thinking the same thing

laugh.gif

Missed the one game we won in months :smh:

Feels like even though we won, we lost.

That's not too far from the truth |I

Anyone have a wish list of players they'd like to see on the team that we can realistically get?

Dashon Goldson?

Kick the tires on Urlacher? He has definitely lost a step or 2 or 3 but still a good field general for the right price?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom